"DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
It's kind of interesting to see Zatanna so prominently in this because she's probably one of the only major DC ladies and female heroes who never made a single appearance in the original DCSHG, although I think part of that is that Fontana wanted Raven to be the main magic girl of the cast :sweat:.

SweetShop209

January 28th:
Well, Zatanna being the main magic user does fit the tone of what Lauren wants for her series what with having a relatively less darker background than Raven. It also explains Jessica Cruz being reworked to make her less anxious and more well adjusted. I mean, in the main series, Shea Fontana didn't add Raven until season 4, after the show became more comfortable going a little darker.

January 31st:
Here is today's episode, Hamster Con Queso. I actually thought that was Tom Kenny in the episode, and not Keith Ferguson.

It's Barbara Gordon's turn to take care of the school mascot Hammy the hamster, who she has to look after while working at the Burrito Bucket. What could go wrong?
Here is a peek at next week's episode.

Batgirl finds herself in trouble with Poison Ivy when her reinforcement, Diana Prince, can’t understand her text messages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls Super Shorts "Hamster Con Queso"

That hamster sure is cute, but Barb's boss is a jerk.

But am I the only one annoyed Babs got away with it? The hamster DID fall in the soda and the food. She DID deserve to be fired (or at least reprimanded) for that. ****.

Frontier

Staff member
January 31st:
Here is today's episode, Hamster Con Queso. I actually thought that was Tom Kenny in the episode, and not Keith Ferguson.

Good to see Babs gets along with hamsters better then bats :p

Too bad Babs got stuck in a fast-food job. She probably should've found something that involved computers. The uniform is cute though :).

Not surprised to see another Fosters alumni in Keith Ferguson showing up ;).
Wonder Woman's secret weakness...emoji's :eek:.

Cool to finally see one of the villain girls in the spotlight. I'm guessing we'll get confirmation for Ivy and maybe even Bumblebee and Jessica's VA's if they have lines as well :).

SweetShop209

January 31st:
Well , Keith Ferguson was also with Lauren Faust on Super Best Friends Forever and Wander Over Yonder (as Superman and Solomon Grundy in the former and Lord Hater for the latter), so his inclusion here is less surprising.

February 2nd:
Now it's Jessica's turn. I'm pretty sure that's not Cristina Milizia, but I can't tell who's voicing her here . My guess is Grey DeLisle Griffin since she can pull off the Spanish accent well, and she apparently voiced her in the Lego DC Supervillains video game .

Green Lantern is a hero who refuses to throw a punch. She's super powerful and could end most confrontations easily, if not for the fact she's a pacifist.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
February 2nd:
Now it's Jessica's turn. I'm pretty sure that's not Cristina Milizia, but I can't tell who's voicing her here . My guess is Grey DeLisle Griffin since she can pull off the Spanish accent well, and she apparently voiced her in the Lego DC Supervillains video game .

Looks like they'll definitely be making good use of GL's constructs in this show :cool:.

I don't know exactly who's voicing her. It sounds lower then Cristina Milizia's normal Jessica voice, even though the accent sounds similar to Milizia's Jessica, but it doesn't really sound like anyone I'm used to hearing :confused:.

Oh hey, Kilowog! Looks like we'll get to see Jessica's GL training :).

Hal! I didn't see him coming (I thought if we got any of the male GL's it would be Simon Baz). Looks like he's still a jock-type in this, judging by his physique, and he still has his ring too, so maybe we'll see him suit up :D?

Also, is he...maybe Jessica's love interest? Or maybe her GL partner? They seem really close in this. Maybe that's why Star Sapphire hates her :ack:?

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Well, Cristina Milizia does have a pretty vocal range (though the voice she uses is pretty much like her Marisol voice on Monster High). Maybe she is voicing Jessica again, but using a different tone. Its like with Tara Strong voicing Harley and Ivy in the main series, where its undeniably her voice, but because of their reworked personalities, they sound different (with voices more in line with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy).

Frontier

Staff member
Well, Cristina Milizia does have a pretty vocal range. Maybe she is voicing Jessica again, but using a different tone. Its like with Tara Strong voicing Harley and Ivy in the main series, where its undeniably her voice, but because of their reworked personalities, they sound different (with voices more in line with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy).
Even Strong's Babs in this sounds pretty different from her old Batgirl voice :sweat:.

SweetShop209

Well, given that she worked with voice director Sam Riegel as Carla Delgado on Elena Of Avalor, this makes sense. Coincidentally, she's the second voice actress from that series to voice her, the first being Diane Guerrero (Vestia, another villain) in Justice League Vs The Fatal Five.

Edit: I find it interesting how all of her voice actresses have been on Disney Junior shows, with Cristina Milizia as Lala on Doc McStuffins.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Never heard of her before, but excited to hear her as Jess .

Here are clips of both of her voice roles. In a bit of irony, I didn't recognize her in Elena, yet recognized her in Star Wars, and went back to not recognizing her here.

To get this back on topic, talking about the next short, I have a feeling there will be a different role reprisal for Ivy, like maybe Jennifer Hale.

Here is today's episode.

Batgirl finds herself in trouble with Poison Ivy when her reinforcement, Diana Prince, can't understand her text messages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harley16

The new short was interesting and good can't wait until the series gets a premiere date . Also was there a sneak peek of the next short ?

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Oh, the irony - while foreign feeds of Cartoon Network ban just about anything, CN USA started to show Shrek completely uncut - with the "offensive" words intact - in 2017! Around the time when Cartoon Network feeds worldwide were already ruled by the nanny state!
Don't ever force yourself into liking a show or any other form of media and don't be afraid to speak up about how you honestly feel about it.
NeoplanDan wrote on Zedd's profile.
Hi, Zedd, I wanted to to fix up the date on my birthday, when I was first registered here, it incorrectly date as 1/21/1995 when it actually 2/21/1995, originally I was going to ask one of the admins to fix it so that it’s on the correct date.
I'm the best anime character. You will all bow down to me.
Well, THAT was a flop...Adventure Time will leave Adult Swim after two weeks...