"DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts" Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Dudley

Staff member
I agree, this Diana is way more fleshed out than the Fontana version. That one was far too bland personality wise.

Harley16

I think there is a difference obviously to both series which is actually a good thing . I mean who wants to watch the same thing over and over again and again if it's supposed to be a reboot . As far as both series go I think both have great things and not so great things . However I will say I can see with this new one the type of animation we have today and I love it .

zoombie

Watching these shorts made me realize, Lauren Faust leaving My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic after 1 season was the best thing that could have happened to that show. Barbara is season 1 Twilight Sparkle, in that it is the Batgirl show and the other characters just supporting characters, that is the way season 1 of MLP was with Twilight.

These aren't bad, but I hope this show evolves to just being about Barbara, do we have to get rid of Lauren for the show to evolve?

Last edited:

Harley16

I think each character gets a few shorts each as all this was promoted during the get to know Batgirl . So I'm sure Wonder Woman will get her due of shorts soon as she was the next get to know after Babs along with the rest of the girls .

Last edited:

SweetShop209

I had a feeling a different actor would voice James Gordon here, but I figured Tom Kane would've voiced him here. He's voiced him in many Batman Arkham games , and was with Tara Strong's Batgirl in the Lego DC Super Villains video game. Plus, given how much MLP influence she put in this series , this could've also been a small hint of Powerpuff Girls influence by having them once again voice a father and daughter.

Frontier

Staff member
Here is today's episode. Fred Tatasciore makes a good James Gordon.

#BatCatcher | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts
So Babs is a Batman fangirl and calls herself Batgirl...but she's afraid of Bats. Could she even stand a day in the Batcave :p?

I wonder if we'll actually see Batman and Robin show up, and if Batgirl trying to show up Robin to be Batman's sidekick might continue into the series ;)?

Good on Jim for being to sleep through most of that racket. Tatasciore sounds solid as Gordon, and he continues his trek to voice as many incidental male characters as he can :cool:.
I hope more shorts include more of the girls, and maybe even the villain girls :ack:.
Watching these shorts made me realize, Lauren Faust leaving My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic after 1 season was the best thing that could have happened to that show. Barbara is season 1 Twilight Sparkle, in that it is the Batgirl show and the other characters just supporting characters, that is the way season 1 of MLP was with Twilight.

These aren't bad, but I hope this show evolves to just being about Barbara, do we have to get rid of Lauren for the show to evolve?
They've talked about the other characters having stuff going on and the other spotlight videos (while narrated by Barbara) and interviews seems to indicate the other girls will still get solid screentime, so hopefully it isn't just a "Batgirl and friends" show :).

Harley16

I'm wondering with there being 52 shorts in all and if the get to know shorts count into that 52 . If they do and we are basically getting 2 shorts every week than that's 26 weeks of shorts . 26 weeks would take us into the last week of June / first week of July possibly . So I'm thinking the show could have a summer premiere maybe . If not than I'm gonna say September and that's a long wait .

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I kind of doubt they will premiere all the shorts weekly without taking any breaks. Some might even be released simultaneously as the show is airing on TV.

zoombie

They've talked about the other characters having stuff going on and the other spotlight videos (while narrated by Barbara) and interviews seems to indicate the other girls will still get solid screentime, so hopefully it isn't just a "Batgirl and friends" show :).
Still Barbara narrate it makes it's about her. It is like Twilight's friendship letters in season 1. Even if you had an episode that is about the other characters, Twilight would write a letter and state a lesson. It was until season 2, when every main character got to sent letters to Celestia.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is a bad show, or this is a deal breaker or not, just a little nip pick.

atomicbattery

Batgirl is an easy entry point for young girl viewers. No superpowers. She gets to be awestruck, dazzled and amazed by what she discovers about her new friends, just like the kids at home. I’m sure all the girls will get their focused stories and time to shine once Babs gets settled in at Metropolis High.

Frontier

Staff member
Batgirl is an easy entry point for young girl viewers. No superpowers. She gets to be awestruck, dazzled and amazed by what she discovers about her new friends, just like the kids at home. I’m sure all the girls will get their focused stories and time to shine once Babs gets settled in at Metropolis High.
Plus, y'know, the Batman connection :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So next week is Barb again. I'm sensing a pattern. lol. But looks like they're exploring her part-time job at the Burrito Bucket. And probably how she narrowly avoids getting fired every week, lol.

Frontier

Staff member
So next week is Barb again. I'm sensing a pattern. lol. But looks like they're exploring her part-time job at the Burrito Bucket. And probably how she narrowly avoids getting fired every week, lol.
I guess you could say each short is introducing an aspect of Babs' life on this show:

1 - Her as Batgirl (and I guess dealing with her dad).

2 - Her friendship with Supergirl.

3 - Her being a Batman fangirl.

4 - Her part time job.

I wonder if the next one will be her at school :p?

Frontier

Staff member

Here is Zatanna's profile. Kari Wahlgren brings aa much energy as she did in Justice League Heroes.
Huh, I was expecting Supergirl's would be next. Not that I mind :).

Zatanna looks like a lot of fun, and I'm glad they're emphasizing her as a dazzling and stylish heroine, befitting her character :anime:.

And it's nice to see Kari Wahlgren reprising Zatanna. She's a good fit for the character :D.

So Zatanna's civilian identity is just her nickname? I'm sure that'll fool everybody :p.

I love that they're still incorporating Zatanna's classic look. I'm guessing she's got a magician's outfit, a civilian outfit, and a Superhero outfit that's her main design. Fitting considering the show is depicting her as the "stylish" one of the main group ;).

Dudley

Staff member
A lot of people say Zatanna would be the Rarity of the group. She doesn’t feel too much of a Rarity clone to me, maybe because being into fashion is not her sole trait. And she seems more energetic.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A lot of people say Zatanna would be the Rarity of the group. She doesn’t feel too much of a Rarity clone to me, maybe because being into fashion is not her sole trait. And she seems more energetic.
My inclination is to assume this is a My Little Pony character?

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Oh, the irony - while foreign feeds of Cartoon Network ban just about anything, CN USA started to show Shrek completely uncut - with the "offensive" words intact - in 2017! Around the time when Cartoon Network feeds worldwide were already ruled by the nanny state!
Don't ever force yourself into liking a show or any other form of media and don't be afraid to speak up about how you honestly feel about it.
NeoplanDan wrote on Zedd's profile.
Hi, Zedd, I wanted to to fix up the date on my birthday, when I was first registered here, it incorrectly date as 1/21/1995 when it actually 2/21/1995, originally I was going to ask one of the admins to fix it so that it’s on the correct date.
I'm the best anime character. You will all bow down to me.
Well, THAT was a flop...Adventure Time will leave Adult Swim after two weeks...