"DC Super Hero Girls" Season Two Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss the season!

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So does that make Barry a Junior? And what of Oliver and Carter?
Hasn't been revealed to my knowledge but they were in some of each other's classes, right? I'd guess same age or juniors at best. I think they just wanted the in-joke of Hal being the oldest but the least mature.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Check out DC Super Hero Girls! Cartoon Network will premiere 2 new episodes, today starting at 8 a.m. ET/PT.!

dcsuperherogirlsTVartmay212018.jpg

DC Super Hero Girls"#OneEnchantedEvening"
Episode Debut
- October 17, 2021

Zee worries that Zatara is lonely and volunteers to play matchmaker for her dad. But when her meddlesome match-matching accidentally sets her dad up with an old enemy, Zee must find a way to fix the mess she made!

DC Super Hero Girls "#TheAquamanCometh"
Episode Debut
- October 17, 2021

For months, Garth's been sending Aquaman letters that greatly exaggerate his accomplishments in Metropolis, so when the King of Atlantis comes for a surprise visit, Garth begs the Super Hero Girls to help cover for his little white lies.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

SweetShop209

It's interesting how Miss Moone/June Moon has an art teacher job like in the 2015 DC Superhero Girls.

Frontier

Staff member
#OneEnchantedEvening

You know, it was just really nice to get an episode with Zatanna and her dad, dealing with how important her dad is and how much she cares about him, even if her methods to show her love and make him happy tend to be more well-meaning than effective ;).

I love how Zee is trying to force all these romcom tropes into the date when it's obvious how little these two want to be there or are romantically interested in each other. A for effort though :p.

I wasn't expecting June Moon/Enchantress, let alone that she'd be a teacher again, but that was pretty fun. I was kind of surprised they didn't have Moon say "Enchantress" to transform and Enchantress can just take over, but I guess they didn't want to make her willingly culpable in what Enchantress did o_O.

Zatanna saving the day with a classic magician slight of hand was so Zatanna. And we even get a father-daughter team-up out of it! That was amazing :D.

#TheAquamanCometh

I have to say, of all my expectations of Aquaman on this show, having him be Will Friedle playing an uncanny Matthew McConaughey Beach Bum impersonation was not what I expected at all. I guess it kind of builds off of the Momoa interpretation while at the same time being its own thing? To be honest at the end of the day I just appreciated the fact that Aquaman was depicted as being a nice, chill, guy who genuinely cared about Garth and wanted to support him :).

I love how this version of Aquaman is still apparently king of Atlantis, why else would he be attending a UN summit, but was willing to bail on it because he wanted to hang out with Garth :rolleyes2:.

Kari Wahlgren getting to do a newsie voice as Zee and Zee crushing so hard on Aquaman's killer body was priceless :elle:.

I think this is the most of the Super Boys we've seen together all season. Ollie finally shows up and gets lines, even gets to throw Zatanna away, and we see Hal and Barry in cameos :cool:.

I love how the plan falls apart because Aquaman wants to take Kara to face brutal Atlantean justice and then Kara punches him into the sea and he returns in full Aquaman costume. Also a casual reminder that Aquaman is about as strong as a Kryptonian when he can trade blows with Kara without breaking a sweat :cool:.

Y'know we really don't get to see a lot of Aquaman/Aqualad scenes in animation, let alone Arthur and Garth, so it was really nice to see the two bonding in this episode and seeing how much Aquaman believed in Garth :proud:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
#OneEnchantedEvening

This episode marks the 75th episode of the series!

Ha ha, I guess June Moone got hired as the new art teacher after the Bane incident.

Ah, Enchantress. Should have guessed that.

#TheAquamanCometh

Agreed, Friedle does a great McConaughey. I did question at first if that was McConaughey. Even quoted his "All right" from Dazed and Confused which sorta inapprops for this show but eh.

It was cute seeing Zee and Oliver impersonate Lois and Chapin respectively.

Nice continuity nod with the girls learning Diana was as bad an actor as a singer, the latter they learned in #SirensConch. Although, in #CrushingIt, I think she did okay until the kiss scene - been awhile since I saw it. And could chalk that up to it being a season 1 episode and the season 2 crew neglected to watch that one thoroughly.

Also nice callback with Garth's love of RPGs saving the day.

The ending reminded me of the recent Hippoltya episode when Supergirl split for the main and guest to have their ending.

Last edited:

Eldorado

I love how Supergirl is like a big sister to Aqualad.

I've imagined Kara going into an LGBTQ relationship with Red Torpedo, and after seeing #TheAquamanCometh I'd love to see Garth get jealous over spending so much time with a girlfriend who basically has the same powers as him but so much better at them.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Noticed the TV broadcast has been messing up the end credits and showing one set for both episodes. This week #TheAquamanCometh repeated twice. Not sure if all regions have this mistake but if anyone is curious Ashely Spillers voiced June Moone and Kari Wahlgren voiced Enchantress.

Frontier

Staff member
Noticed the TV broadcast has been messing up the end credits and showing one set for both episodes. This week #TheAquamanCometh repeated twice. Not sure if all regions have this mistake but if anyone is curious Ashely Spillers voiced June Moone and Kari Wahlgren voiced Enchantress.
Huh, I could tell Kari was Enchantress (which is kind of funny since she was also the Marvel Enchantress and she basically fights herself in this episode) but kind of surprised they had a different voice between June and Enchantress. Guess it highlighted them as different people o_O.

SweetShop209

Huh, I could tell Kari was Enchantress (which is kind of funny since she was also the Marvel Enchantress and she basically fights herself in this episode) but kind of surprised they had a different voice between June and Enchantress. Guess it highlighted them as different people o_O.
It reminds me of something that Batman: The Brave And The Bold once did, in giving a character who normally has one voice in two forms get two separate voices in both forms. In that case, Carol Ferris was voiced by Rachel Quaintance and while Star Sapphire was voiced by Vicki Lewis.

I do like how we get to see a nice bit of range from Ashley Spillers since she's been Pumpkin in Harpy Gee, Jill from Muppet Babies 2018, and Didi in Rugrats 2021.

I remember this also happened last week, with the end credits of "Why So Blue" being shown twice.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I remember this also happened last week, with the end credits of "Why So Blue" being shown twice.
Yes, happened all three weeks this month since the new airings began. For what it's worth, I went to the CN website and sent them a message about it. We'll see if they respond.

EDIT: Just dawned on me that they didn't explain the history between Giovanni and Enchantress. I guess it had to be cut for time if it was originally in the script. Could be neat if it turns out Giovanni was a superhero before he settled down and clashed with Enchantress then, prior to meeting Sindella.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
EDIT: Just dawned on me that they didn't explain the history between Giovanni and Enchantress. I guess it had to be cut for time if it was originally in the script. Could be neat if it turns out Giovanni was a superhero before he settled down and clashed with Enchantress then, prior to meeting Sindella.
I assume it was possibly because Enchantress was a mythic sorceress, but considering how well Giovanni handled himself in the fight, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not his first time ;).

Eldorado

I assume it was possibly because Enchantress was a mythic sorceress, but considering how well Giovanni handled himself in the fight, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not his first time ;).
I think he and Zee come from a long line of magical protectors dedicated to keeping the balance of magic in order.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
dcsuperherogirlsTVartmay212018.jpg

DC Super Hero Girls"#NightmareinGotham", Parts 1-2
Episode Debut
- October 24, 2021

Babs and Harleen bring the Girls to Gotham City to celebrate Halloween! However, the fun is put on hold when the SuperHero Girls run into Gotham's most notorious SuperVillain.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

"Nightmare In Gotham" definitely makes for a good mid season finale, with both Barbara Gordon and Harleen Quinzel learning each other's secret identities. The scene at the end showing a conflicted Harley is the icing on this orange frosted cupcake. We get other surprises like Gentleman Ghost, Solomon Grundy, and Francine Langstrom. Diana and Barbara are also tested when it comes to their friendship, but there's a real sense of care between them.

We also get a double actor allusion. Zee is once asked to dress as Supergirl, but she's instead dressed up as Wonder Woman. Kari Wahlgren has voiced both characters before. She voiced the former in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and she voiced the latter in Lego DC Comics Superheroes: Justice League Vs Bizarro League.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts