The potty training retort was pretty hilarious though.So they basically establish Kara's origin in this episode, fairly faithfully to the comics where she grew up on Krypton, babysat Clark as a baby, and then ended up stuck in stasis before she arrived on Earth to explain why Superman is older then her .
Yeah, I'm not feeling how they're depicting the male heroes.They don't need to water down them to elevate the Super Hero Girls.I'm kind of not surprised Superman turned out to be a vain, almost condescending, gloryhound. The guys in this show are either arrogant, dumb, or ineffectual. I mean, it's not like he was malicious or anything, and he's still a hero who saves people in fantastic ways...but he's also kind of a tool about it .
Yes, this.Now I'm really kind of apprehensive about how they'll depict Batman and Robin if/when they show up .
I wondered about that, too.Was that green glob supposed to be Chemo? If not, I'm just going to assume it's him .
1. This is the 7th time she's voiced Lois. I do like that she goes for a more "joisey " type accent for Lois here.1. Grey Griffin once again voices Lois Lane (this has got to be, what, the 7th or 8th time she's reprised Lois?), but at least this time she goes for a different voice befitting a younger, more brassier, Lois. She actually came off a little more Perry White to me, but that might've been because she's the school newspaper editor on-top of being a reporter (aspiring for a Daily Planet job). I do like that they kept the pencil in the hair design element from the old DCSHG .
2. Lois blushed at a blinking Superman, so might there be a bit of a crush/hero admiration there? They implied Clark was 18-19 so they might want to be careful with that age difference....
3. Max Mittelman was actually surprisingly good as a younger Superman, even if he didn't get to show off a lot of classic (positive) Superman traits in this episode. Pretty cool to see him jumping from Superman's Pal to the Man of Steel .
4. I wonder if there was a plan for him to reprise Jimmy too, or if he will at some point ?
5. I'm kind of not surprised Superman turned out to be a vain, almost condescending, gloryhound. The guys in this show are either arrogant, dumb, or ineffectual. I mean, it's not like he was malicious or anything, and he's still a hero who saves people in fantastic ways...but he's also kind of a tool about it .
6. Now I'm really kind of apprehensive about how they'll depict Batman and Robin if/when they show up .
7. I honestly think this is the most I have ever seen Superman and Supergirl bicker. It honestly doesn't even seem like they care/like each other all that much here. I guess it's one way of depicting a sibling relationship, even one out of the norm for Clark and Kara .
Especially in contrast to the original DC Super Hero Girls which treated the female and male heroes fairly equally even if the girls were the main focus.You don't have to show how awesome the women on this show are by saying the boys suck. It's weird this show thinks they need to do that.
It's not that far off from her usual hairstyle, although it's usually more pointy and less like a mohawk ?Man.
I just hate Livewire's hair, oh well better her than a character I actually care about, since honestly Livewire as a character just seems very not likable.
And not even in a whole love to hate way most villains are.
I generally just do not find things like mohawks to be good looking.It's not that far off from her usual hairstyle, although it's usually more pointy and less like a mohawk ?
Even the girls got caught up in the trend.Kinda surprise to see Karen laughing at Garth's expense. I mean, besides Garth being her friend, I imagine that kind of thing has happened at her expense too .
I thought at first it was going to rain but I guess it was worth a chuckle that she was indirectly defeated by rescued cats.The Superhero Girls didn't so much defeat Livewire as survive her, leaving the populace turning on her to be what finally drove her away. Although what I would have given to see the girls give her the proper beatdown she deserves .
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|"DC Super Hero Girls" (TV Series) Comic Book Talkback (Spoilers)||The DC Comics Animation Forum||21|
|"DC Super Hero Girls" (Television Series) News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)||The DC Comics Animation Forum||143|
|"DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts" Talkback (Spoilers)||The DC Comics Animation Forum||166|
|"DC Super Hero Girls: Legends of Atlantis" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)||The DC Comics Animation Forum||6|
|First Look Art for Lauren Faust-Produced "DC Super Hero Girls" Series||Toonzone News Comments||3|