"DC Super Hero Girls" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Show!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 2 25.0%

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Frontier

Staff member
It was refreshing to see one of the girls actually care about and support Hal when it seems like most of the time they either treat him with disgust or forget about him :).

The Penguin as this secret high school black market wheel and dealer was kind of an interesting take...but a part of me wondered whether this was really The Penguin at all. Like, I guess they got the crime boss element in there a little, but where's the monocle? The trick umbrellas? There was even an imagine spot where he looked more like The Penguin then he really did for most of the episode :(.

I thought Alexander Polinsky was solid though, even if the writing wasn't playing towards an ideal Penguin performance in my opinion. I did like how he had a bit of that Burgess Meredith laugh in there ;).

I did like that they had a Bat-Villain for a Batgirl focused episode. Kind of obvious, but I appreciated it :anime:.

This is probably the most surprise Steve Lombard appearance...ever :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
This was a pretty interesting take on Penguin, a school kingpin blackmailing everyone into doing his bidding. It made some sense though and he fit in well into the main setting of the show, I guess. His design wasn't anything special (then again, I don't think Penguin ever had a really cool design) but his voice actor did a pretty good job.

Not much else to say, though I liked that Babs was the one who took him down, and alone at that. Hal's plot was decent and it was amusing seeing Steve Lombard pop up at the end.

Frontier

Staff member
This was a pretty interesting take on Penguin, a school kingpin blackmailing everyone into doing his bidding. It made some sense though and he fit in well into the main setting of the show, I guess. His design wasn't anything special (then again, I don't think Penguin ever had a really cool design) but his voice actor did a pretty good job.
Well, I think it would kind of defeat the point if The Penguin looked cool :p.

JWR

Not much else to say, though I liked that Babs was the one who took him down, and alone at that. Hal's plot was decent and it was amusing seeing Steve Lombard pop up at the end.
If by "Interesting" you mean kind of lame and uninspired, then sure.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Check out a new DC Super Hero Girls episode, today at 4pm ET/PT on Cartoon Network!

dcsuperherogirlsTVartmay212018.jpg
DC Super Hero Girls “#BreakingNews”
Episode Debut - April 26th, 2020

Lois Lane's attempt to get an internship at the Daily Planet leads to her trying to unmask the Super Hero Girls, which forces the girls to a battle of wits with their greatest nemesis yet.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Frontier

Staff member
Lois Lane, Ace Reporter! It was nice to see Lois getting into the thick of it with reporting, although sometimes I wondered whether she was cluing into the girls' identities because she's just that good or because the girls are just that bad at this :p.

So we get the giant mutated version of Killer Moth from the get-go...and it's apparently a female? And a mother of several monster moths. Huh, didn't see that coming :confused:.

Lois Lane is always after a hot scoop, but beyond that the most important aspect of her character is her integrity, which is why she puts the kibbosh on the story. They make it clear she knows their identities though, so I'm interested to see if they'll do more with that dynamic in the future :).

I'm kind of surprised they seem to be setting up the classic status quo of Lois trying to expose Superman's identity and trying to outshine Clark Kent. Interested to see what this show's take on the dynamic is. Maybe Lois can make this Clark into a better man ;).

Figures this version of Clark would not only write articles about himself but basically use it as an excuse to talk about how great he is :rolleyes2:.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
Lois Lane, Ace Reporter! It was nice to see Lois getting into the thick of it with reporting, although sometimes I wondered whether she was cluing into the girls' identities because she's just that good or because the girls are just that bad at this :p.
It's the second thing. What drives me bonkers is that Lois appears to be the only person at that school who is not a total moron. Most of the girls don't even wear masks.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I loved the comic timing of Kara not thinking much of Jessica's warning then cut to Lois immediately figuring out who the Super Hero Girls are. Just like the boys, all Lois probably did pay just enough attention more than usual to figure it out. It also doesn't help that they hang out together at school. I am curious if the Super Hero Girls and the villain girls will ever figure out each other's secret identities, could make for an interesting season finale 2 parter. And well, Zatanna pretty much gave an out by mentioning the memory erasing spell, to set things back to status quo if the crew doesn't want it to be a permanent thing.

Odd timing but the digital comic that came out on Saturday might have the answer as to the origin of the giant animal monsters in the series.
Lex discovered the supposed toxic waste from Lexcorp interacted uniquely with animal DNA and turns them into giants.

Frontier

Staff member
I loved the comic timing of Kara not thinking much of Jessica's warning then cut to Lois immediately figuring out who the Super Hero Girls are. Just like the boys, all Lois probably did pay just enough attention more than usual to figure it out. It also doesn't help that they hang out together at school. I am curious if the Super Hero Girls and the villain girls will ever figure out each other's secret identities, could make for an interesting season finale 2 parter. And well, Zatanna pretty much gave an out by mentioning the memory erasing spell, to set things back to status quo if the crew doesn't want it to be a permanent thing.
It would be kind of funny if there's payoff to that line if either the girls are outed or, yeah, there's a major status quo change they need to undo :p.
Odd timing but the digital comic that came out on Saturday might have the answer as to the origin of the giant animal monsters in the series.
Lex discovered the supposed toxic waste from Lexcorp interacted uniquely with animal DNA and turns them into giants.
Never even thought about explaining their existence, but cool :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Not much to say this time, but I kind of liked this take on Lois Lane. Her reporter skills were decent though to be fair, this was rather an easy investigation. There were still some amusing bits in there, with the girls trying to keep their secrets even more than before, or how easily tricked some of the boys were.

I do like how the secret identities - despite how easy they are to figure out, or how badly they are kept - are brought up on the show given the previous DCSHG series where it seemed like the characters never really had a life out of costume.

Co-incidentally, I recall Lois also figured out Jessica was Green Lantern there after just one look at her. Then again, they knew each other better there, given Jessica was her camera-woman.

JWR

Really enjoyed the latest episode, "Breaking News!" Though, I do find it funny how the girls are surprised by how easily their identities are discovered when they barely make an effort to hide them.

SweetShop209

It reminds me of how in Big Hero 6 The Series when Gogo said that someone like Professor Granville is smart enough to know their identities. Lo and behold, the season 1 finale proves she did know all along.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Check out a new DC Super Hero Girls episode, today at 4pm ET/PT on Cartoon Network!

DC Super Hero Girls “#CrashCourse”
Episode Debut - May 3rd, 2020

When a high-speed chase breaks out during her driver’s test, Diana Prince’s desire to fight evil clashes with her desire to undergo a World of Man teenage rite of passage, getting her license.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It ain't easy being 14 in the big city. That was sweet of Diana Prince getting a license only to help Karen. Neat idea to show Karen simply using a traffic app to help thwart Catwoman.

But I was thinking Romero was still going to fail her in the end but Karen opting to take the bus was just as funny. I also chuckled at the dazed and lethargic adults sitting in the b.g. of the DMV office. Can relate. Beecher giving that guy money and apologizing after Harley swiped his cotton candy was cute.

Frontier

Staff member
Have they established Kara has a car and can drive? I feel like it might have come up but that was a surprise to me :confused:.

Of course Zatanna just takes a limo :rolleyes2:.

"I'm the heir to an undersea kingdom!" I continue to wonder exactly what Garth's relationship to Aquaman is :confused:.

Never thought I'd see Catwoman get lectured on cat puns :p.

I've never seen a car chase foiled by following exact road regulations and the speed limit, but I guess that really showed those bad girls ;).

I think Diana skipped ahead to the part where she actually owned a car to use the license on :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Have they established Kara has a car and can drive? I feel like it might have come up but that was a surprise to me :confused:.
I recall she took the bus or walked a lot.

I think Diana skipped ahead to the part where she actually owned a car to use the license on :sweat:.
I'd guess it's shown out of order and this takes place after #HousePest when something happens where this would make a bit more sense.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Pretty fun high-speed chase, with some creative scenes and gags. There's really not much to talk about, but I enjoyed the episode overall. Diana wanting to go through all that just to help a friend was admirable and it's funny how it all turned out. I also liked the opening montage showing the girls' routines, and some of Livewire's cat puns (which started to distract even Catwoman herself :p).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Zap2It is listing "#LeagueOfShadows" for August 22 at 12 pm and 5:30 pm (under Upcoming, new episodes only). Logline is
Under the control of Red Kryptonite, Kara Danvers is brainwashed by rock 'n' roll front man Ra's al Ghul and sent on a mission to purify the world... starting with the terrible music of Karen Beecher's favorite boy band!
Also if you're spoiler adverse, watch out for spoilers online because #LeagueOfShadows and #AwesomeAuntAntiope are airing this weekend on CN U.K. and CN Australia.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Check out a new half-hour DC Super Hero Girls episode, today at 12pm and 5:30pm ET/PT on Cartoon Network!

DC Super Hero Girls “#LeagueOfShadows, Parts 1-2”
Episode Debut - August 22, 2020

Under the control of Red Kryptonite, Kara Danvers is brainwashed by rock 'n' roll front man Ra's al Ghul and sent on a mission to purify the world... starting with the terrible music of Karen Beecher's favorite boy band!

Comments?

JWR

So,
this Ra's Al Ghul is like a cross between Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, and Alice Cooper
I dig it.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently, in addition to the DreamWorks incarnation of Trolls... Disney Channel aired the DiC one?
they can bring back g4, chiller, and cloo back on xumo, i mean if they bring back spike tv for pluto tv, why not chiller, cloo, and g4 for xumo
Hey guys, I'm back! Been gone for almost a year from having a lot on my plate but now I have more free time. I hope everyone here is making it through these tough and difficult times.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was released in North America. Majora's Mask was the second game from the franchise I played and certainly fits with the Halloween theme.
Why did Adult Swim air the Family Guy episode Wasted Talent as part of the Halloween special?