"DC Super Hero Girls" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm also betting it's Mittleman :).

I saw the movie (which I loved by the way), and that is Max Mittleman as Aquaman. Erica Lindbeck pulls double duty as Mera and Siren.

Mod Note: It hasn't even been a day since the release. Use spoiler tags for any and everything if posting here is even warranted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
Poor Aquaman getting the Steve Trevor treatment :p.

Fontana is kind of tight-lipped when it comes to future DCSHG content from her, so I'm curious how much more involved she'll be with the franchise.
spoiler]I saw the movie (which I loved by the way), and that is Max Mittleman as Aquaman. Erica Lindbeck pulls double duty as Mera and Siren.[/spoiler]
Thought as much from the trailer. Nice to have it confirmed :).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Poor Aquaman getting the Steve Trevor treatment :p.

Fontana is kind of tight-lipped when it comes to future DCSHG content from her, so I'm curious how much more involved she'll be with the franchise.
10/2: Well, I assume she's mainly involved in the graphic novels. She could probably still write any main series movies closer to her vision even if she's currently not writing any episodes.

10/8: I found an interesting tweet from Cristina Milizia.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
10/2: Well, I assume she's mainly involved in the graphic novels. She could probably still write any main series movies closer to her vision even if she's currently not writing any episodes.
It's possible there's 1-3 more DTVs Fontanta wrote. She did say she wrote Legends of Atlantis in 2015 and it just came out. But with the TV show coming out at some point next year, maybe just 1 more.

Frontier

Staff member
Fortress of Solidarity confirmed to be the last short Shea Fontana wrote.
She was really kind of the "brains" of DC Super Hero Girls, at least in its original incarnation, so while it's sad to see her leave the series (at least as far as the Webisodes. Jury's still out on the graphic novels and maybe movies?), it's good that she was able to go out on a high note :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
She was really kind of the "brains" of DC Super Hero Girls, at least in its original incarnation, so while it's sad to see her leave the series (at least as far as the Webisodes. Jury's still out on the graphic novels and maybe movies?), it's good that she was able to go out on a high note :).
Could be more. But so far just the Spaced Out digital comic is being collected in a TPB next year. Nothing yet but we're only up to March 2019 solicits and few advance pre-orders. DTV could be a possibility. As for the webisodes currently being released, it looks like we're nearing the end of the season, anywhere from 1 to 4 left I'd guess -- who knows if it will continue with a new season.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
12/28: Hero Of The Year and Intergalactic Games will leave Netflix next month.

1/5:
There are a few nominations.

Here's a little something for the classroom.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged. Use Edit Button instead of posting twice in a row.

Last edited:

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
So given "My so called Anti-Life" was the season 5 finale. Is there a chance the Darkseid storyline will get wrapped up this year in like a movie or at least a TV special before the Faust series premiere?

Cause it would be weird honestly if they ended it on a cliffhanger with Darkseid reeking a terrible revenge.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Maybe? Not really a cliffhanger, just an open ended finale - the adventure continues, imo. Though with a series about high school, you'd figure the final story would be graduation day. Like I've said before, Fontana wrote the past movies 2 years before they were released.

Frontier

Staff member
So given "My so called Anti-Life" was the season 5 finale. Is there a chance the Darkseid storyline will get wrapped up this year in like a movie or at least a TV special before the Faust series premiere?

Cause it would be weird honestly if they ended it on a cliffhanger with Darkseid reeking a terrible revenge.
Well, this franchise has had a tendency to end on cliffhangers to major storylines that aren't always followed up on :sweat:.
Maybe? Not really a cliffhanger, just an open ended finale - the adventure continues, imo. Though with a series about high school, you'd figure the final story would be graduation day. Like I've said before, Fontana wrote the past movies 2 years before they were released.
And with the Youtube page transitioning to the Lauren Faust interpretation and Shea Fontana gone...I can't say I'm expecting much new content for the old DCSHG :ack:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think a DTV movie might still be a possibility. The webisodes had a pretty good run and the ending wasn't really a cliff-hanger, but there's still some stuff they could do with these versions of the characters. If this was really the end, I don't mind too much but it would be cool if they made some kind of big finale for the series.

Frontier

Staff member
I think a DTV movie might still be a possibility. The webisodes had a pretty good run and the ending wasn't really a cliff-hanger, but there's still some stuff they could do with these versions of the characters. If this was really the end, I don't mind too much but it would be cool if they made some kind of big finale for the series.
And hopefully bring back Shea Fontana to write it :).

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
1/18: You all make a good point. The DTV movie should be called just either "Graduation Day" or at least "Darkseid of the Moon"

2/18: I just got this little theory regarding the future of the main shorts. What if they continue said shorts during when the Lauren Faust TV series is airing?

I know it sounds silly, but who knows.

Frontier

Staff member
2/18: I just got this little theory regarding the future of the main shorts. What if they continue said shorts during when the Lauren Faust TV series is airing?

I know it sounds silly, but who knows.
Considering the DC Super Hero Girls youtube page seems to be transitioning towards the Lauren Faust version, I'm not sure if they'll keep making new videos.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts