"DC Super Hero Girls" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I wonder if we'll get new Lego shorts leading up to the movie, like how it was with the Lego Brain Drain movie.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Flipping through Date with Disaster,on page 29, Harley made a reference about a "so-called dance" gone wrong that involved Starfire and Korugar Academy students. A text box hints to 'see webisode "Tamaranean Dance Club".'

EDIT: Shea Fontana confirms that was Renee Montoya among the students in the field trip flashback in DwD. Could be neat if she joins SHH as the Question.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Flipping through Date with Disaster,on page 29, Harley made a reference about a "so-called dance" gone wrong that involved Starfire and Korugar Academy students. A text box hints to 'see webisode "Tamaranean Dance Club".'
So now we're getting to a point where the graphic novels are referencing Webisodes that haven't even aired yet :p.

(Although I guess "Spaced Out" kind of did it first).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
@James Harvey posted the cover for Super-Villain High and the special feature will be '6 bonus shorts'.

So now we're getting to a point where the graphic novels are referencing Webisodes that haven't even aired yet :p.

(Although I guess "Spaced Out" kind of did it first).
True, but the GNs have always been 'time skips' relative to the webisodes. Date with appears to be the furthest out, it takes place in the spring. Webisodes are presumable near the start of the semester - January-ish. Spaced Out is 2 weeks after Cruz became a GL.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I assume the original Lego shorts were on the DVD for "Brain Drain" so these would mean we'll be getting some new shorts :)?
No, they were not on "Brain Drain". Just trailers.

EDIT: PR about Super-Villain High confirms it's the previous LEGO shorts (but they advertise them as 'new' lol).
"After a mysterious school opens across the street, the students of Super Hero High find themselves up against a new threat. Now, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl and the rest of the DC Super Hero Girls not only have to worry about the well-being of their grades, but the safety and security of friends, family and the rest of civilization. The girls must figure out how to put a stop to this evil, new cross-town rival and save the world once again!"

The LEGO® DC Super Hero Girls voice cast returns its core cast with Grey Griffin (Wonder Woman), Tara Strong (Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy), Anais Fairweather (Supergirl), Teala Dunn (Bumblebee), Stephanie Sheh (Katana), and Ashlyn Selich (Batgirl). The cast also includes Yvette Nicole Brown (Amanda Waller), Greg Cipes (Beast Boy), Romi Dames (Lena Luthor), John DiMaggio (Gorilla Grodd, Wildcat), Josh Keaton (The Flash), Khary Payton (Cyborg) and Meredith Salenger (Lashina).

Elsa Garagarza (Star Wars: Forces of Destiny) directs LEGO® DC Super Hero Girls: Super-Villain High from a script by Jeremy Adams (Justice League Action, LEGO® Scooby-Doo!).

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Log-line for issue #8 of the "Spaced Out" digital comic, available starting March 5th:
Now that they’ve found Krypto, the students of Super Hero High and their new sidekick Moxie must figure out a way to break him out of super jail! Meanwhile, the Space Cabby shows our other heroes a way into the Phantom Zone. Will they make it out with the Green Lantern Corps? Or be trapped in this space jail forever?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Monica Kubina Tweeted this preview of the 1st chapter from "Search for Atlantis". I think this is the first look at Aquaman.

Frontier

Staff member
Monica Kubina Tweeted this preview of the 1st chapter from "Search for Atlantis". I think this is the first look at Aquaman.
Nice to see that Arthur and Mera will be close in age in this :).

I wonder if it's a flashback and that's why Mera has her hair in a ponytail? She does kind of look a little younger...

Wasn't expecting Siren to pop up. I wonder if she'll be as villainous here or if she'll be like Blackfire and not be as antagonistic towards her sister as she is in the comics :ack:?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
If Aquaman does appear in the series, I think it's a possibility that Matt Lanter could reprise the role from Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis. He's known for voicing teenage/young adult characters, like Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Baylor Hoffner (Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated), and both Harry Osborn and Flash Thompson (Ultimate SpiderMan). Plus, most of the voice cast reprising their roles have voiced both the teenage and adult counterparts of their characters (with Grey DeLisle Griffin, Tara Strong, and Josh Keaton being the stand out ones).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

I don't want to start anything weird, but I found a video that's a compilation of Batgirl and SuperGirl's more intimate moments, with the user clearly shipping them. Then again, this ship has been popular since the episode "Girls Night Out" episode from Batman: The Animated Series.

juan1193

Katana needs more focus episodes. She's supposed to be one of the main 7 but Flash, Beast Boy, Starfire and Frost appear more than her...

Frontier

Staff member
Katana needs more focus episodes. She's supposed to be one of the main 7 but Flash, Beast Boy, Starfire and Frost appear more than her...
Well, she's been getting a lot more focus and action lately then she ever did in season 1, to the point where I'd say she's more consistently featured then even Ivy is.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts