"DC Super Hero Girls" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
DC Zoom, eh? Hmm... I see a new potential for more kid friendly DC comics in that imprint.
I'm pretty sure these GNs from DCSHG proved to DC that content for children was worth investing in and as a result we have them diversifying formally with DC Ink for elementary and DC Zoom for middle school ages. I forget which GN but I think total sales rivaled Killing Joke in historical sales or something amazing crazy like that.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
February 6th:
http://wegotthiscovered.com/comicbo...-talks-bringing-catwoman-dc-super-hero-girls/
Interview with Shea Fontana about Catwoman's role in "Date With Disaster".

February 7th:
Log-line for issue #7 of the "Spaced Out" digital comic, available starting February 19th:
It’s Moxie to the rescue! After Krypto is captured by animal control, his new friend must track down the students of Super Hero High to help save the day. Then, back on Oa, Supergirl bonds with her fellow Kryptonians while her friends travel the universe with the one and only Space Cabby to find the Green Lantern Corps.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
2/7: Shea Fontana will be talking on a DC Zoom panel on Friday in Denver at 4 pm at the Book Buzz Theater as part of ALA Midwinter.

2/8: Amazon has Search for Atlantis for preorder. Cover, October 2 date, and logline included.
The team is back and ready to rescue Mera's home in DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis! The Super Hero Girls join forces with the Teen Titans crew as they work together to save Atlantis and the Atlanteans from Brainiac!

Mera is the new girl at Super Hero High and when Wonder Woman takes Mera under her wing, Wonder Woman's best friend Bumblebee is overcome with jealousy. Despite her feelings, Bumblebee accompanies Mera and the Super Hero Girls on a field trip to Atlantis. But when they arrive, Atlantis is missing! Mera is horrified when they discover that Brainiac has shrunken and stolen Atlantis with the Atlanteans trapped inside! The Super Hero Girls must work together to defeat Brainaic and, along the way, Bumblebee must learn the true meaning of friendship.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
2/8: Amazon has Search for Atlantis for preorder. Cover, October 2 date, and logline included.
The "Teen Titans Crew?" Huh. I wonder if it'll be made up of the Titans members who are already prominent in the cast (Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg, maybe Raven) and we'll see their origin in a webisode or other characters :)?

I was wondering when Brainiac would be making a comeback :eek:.

I guess this is the kind of franchise where you have to re-learn "the true meaning of friendship" every now and then, but it still seems kind of weird to think that Bumblebee would be the one who has to do it :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The "Teen Titans Crew?" Huh. I wonder if it'll be made up of the Titans members who are already prominent in the cast (Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg, maybe Raven) and we'll see their origin in a webisode or other characters :)?
2/8: Yeah, that threw me off when I saw 'Teen Titans' in the synopsis. But considering how Birds of Prey was just Black Canary's band before she went solo, stay wary, imo.

https://www.kidsreads.com/authors/shea-fontana/news/interview-020818
Another interview with Shea Fontana and Yancey Labat about "Date With Disaster".
2 new characters in the next one, presumably Search for, I'd bet on them being Aquaman Family characters but with Brainiac in the mix, could be some prior prisoners of his that get released in the course of the story.

2/10: Fontana confirmed Raven is returning this year.

Kubina also posted the cover for Search for Atlantis and revealed she did two versions, not knowing which one they picked until now.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
DC posted the entire DC Zoom/DC Ink panel from the American Library Association Midwinter Denver panel from the 9th. Shea Fontana talks about DCSHG at around 16:40 to 18:18.

Search for Atlantis
  • Introduces Mera (or I guess now continues unless this is the origin story of how she joined SHH)
  • The story is from Bumblebee's POV
  • Is about the dynamics of a circle of friends and accepting change when new people come in
  • Your best friend forever isn't so unless you work on it
Fontana also recalled there is almost 80 DC characters in the show bible.

Frontier

Staff member
Search for Atlantis
Introduces Mera (or I guess now continues unless this is the origin story of how she joined SHH)
I'm curious if Mera joining SHH will be in either this or the movie, as you alluded to in the Webisode thread o_O.
The story is from Bumblebee's POV
It'll be nice to see Bumblebee in the spotlight :).
Is about the dynamics of a circle of friends and accepting change when new people come in
Your best friend forever isn't so unless you work on it
Probably something a lot of people can relate too ;).
Fontana also recalled there is almost 80 DC characters in the show bible.
I'm curious what they have down for all the characters who never get any speaking appearance.

Like, is there a whole character descriptions and background for cameo-wonders Mary Marvel and Dove :p?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Like, is there a whole character descriptions and background for cameo-wonders Mary Marvel and Dove :p?
There are couple of them in the SHH Yearbook that released some time ago, including Mary but she's actually Shazam in this continuity.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Syfy Wire has the exclusive trailer for Lego DC Super Hero Girls: Super-Villain High:

Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Supergirl, Batgirl, Katana & Bumblebee are left to deal with a new rival when a mysterious high school pops up in the all-new animated film, LEGO® DC Super Hero Girls: Super-Villain High - for Digital Download on May 1 and DVD on May 15.

EDIT: Written by Jeremy Adams.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Syfy Wire has the exclusive trailer for Lego DC Super Hero Girls: Super-Villain High:

When I heard about this movie, I thought that it would involve the villains of the show's Lego world opening a school for them. Instead, it's about the more morally ambiguous Heroes of Super Hero High being unwitting pawns. This still holds promise though.

Frontier

Staff member

It's nice to see Jessica in a major role alongside the female Trinity in this :).

I wonder who that redhead in black is? I feel like she'll probably be one of the actual villains, but I can't place her...
When I heard about this movie, I thought that it would involve the villains of the show's Lego world opening a school for them. Instead, it's about the more morally ambiguous Heroes of Super Hero High being unwitting pawns. This still holds promise though.
And who are traditionally villains outside this franchise, for double the irony :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts