"DC Super Hero Girls" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I get that Mera has enhanced strength because she's an Atlantean, not that she really gets to show it off as much compared to her hydrokinesis, but has Bumblebee ever demonstrated enhanced strength :sweat:?
The Yearbook detailed Bumblebee's super strength a bit better. Page 16 is her page. 'Super strength in shrunken form.'

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Shea Fontana posted the chapter list from "Search for Atlantis".
"New Girl" likely refers to Mera ;).

"Martian in the Middle" sounds like it means more Miss Martian :anime:.

"Small Wonder" is obviously alluding to Diana, so I'm guessing Brainiac maybe shrinks her somehow :eek:!

"Arrested Development" makes it sound like either something is stuck in place (Bumblebee's issues with Mera?) or the girls get in trouble with Atlantean authorities :ack:.

"Growing Pains" Our heroes enlarge the shrunken Atlantis ;)?

"F*R*I*E*N*D*S" A summation of the overall theme of the book :)?
She also posted a snippet of Lucius lecturing about Aquaman in Search for.
I love how teen Aquaman is still King of Atlantis :p.

Reactions: 1 person

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
www.deviantart.com
1. I do know that we heard Mae Whitman's Batgirl in the trailer for the Legends Of Atlantis, though what if in the final product, they had Ashlyn Selich rerecord over her dialogue to provide a sense of consistency, and can't reveal it yet due to NDA. I know this happened with Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis, where Sean Patrick Thomas was meant to voice Cyborg, but then they just got Shemar Moore to voice him again like in Justice League War. Plus, this isn't the first time where a voice for a movie is different from the trailer since, in the latter movie, the trailers showed Steve Blum pretty much using his Lex Luthor voice for Darkseid, while the finalized movie digitally altered his voice to a significant degree.

2. If Lois Lane were to appear again in season 5, they'd probably get Grey DeLisle Griffin to voice her again instead of Alexis G. Zall in order to save on costs given the budget slash. I mean, we already have Ashlyn Selich from the franchise's Lego projects , so it's possible.

Reactions: 1 person

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
1. I do know that we heard Mae Whitman's Batgirl in the trailer for the Legends Of Atlantis, though what if in the final product, they had Ashlyn Selich rerecord over her dialogue to provide a sense of consistency, and can't reveal it yet due to NDA. I know this happened with Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis, where Sean Patrick Thomas was meant to voice Cyborg, but then they just got Shemar Moore to voice him again like in Justice League War. Plus, this isn't the first time where a voice for a movie is different from the trailer since, in the latter movie, the trailers showed Steve Blum pretty much using his Lex Luthor voice for Darkseid, while the finalized movie digitally altered his voice to a significant degree.
I guess it's possible, but I think given Whitman had already recorded for it and it's meant to be in-line with Fontana's DCSHG, I expect they will keep her as Batgirl :).
2. If Lois Lane were to appear again in season 5, they'd probably get Grey DeLisle Griffin to voice her again instead of Alexis G. Zall in order to save on costs given the budget slash. I mean, we already have Ashlyn Selich from the franchise's Lego projects , so it's possible.
I guess I wouldn't be surprised after they already recast Batgirl...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why are the forums all squished down to the left?
It's been about two years since I joined Toonzone/Animesuperhero. I've come a long way since my days on Fairly Odd Parents wiki.
FXX is now starting The Simpsons back at episode 1 for the first time since January, now we'll see if "Stark Raving Dad" will actually be skipped

*UPDATE: Yep, it's being skipped next Monday.
So... Universal Kids is really airing Totally Spies. This makes it the third network in the US to broadcast it. First was Fox/ABC Family, followed by Cartoon Network after ABC Family made it clear that they didn't want to air cartoons that weren't Jetix(or its prototype), and eventually family programming in general(outside of the holidays). I don't know how to feel.
One of the games on Camp Nick is kinda similar to Crystal Maze, which it will later then air on Nickelodeon in future