"DC Super Hero Girls" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,576 46
Sherman Oaks CA

TheModster

Apr 2, 2017
Ratings
Pennsylvania

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,307 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Found a pre-order for Out of the Bottle #5 on Amazon, set for June 7.
"Every Trick in the Book"

While the drawings feast on the library’s many books to gain power, Batgirl barely escapes and starts brainstorming her plan to stop them. Is it time to ask for some help from their teachers? It’ll have to be detention or disaster as the clock starts ticking on their decision!

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,576 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I recorded Galactic Wonder on my DVR and it does have a credits sequence :D.

It was directed by Elsa Garagarza, who...possibly may have directed the other Lego shorts o_O?

As far as the voice cast, everyone pretty much reprises their roles from the Webisodes or past movies :cool:.

Though for those curious about Batgirl's new voice, she was voiced by Ashlyn Selich :).

Joelle Sellner wrote "Trading Places"

Jen Muro wrote the "Galactic Wonder" 5 parter.
She must've meant the story, which she was listed as in the credits, because Tim Sheridan was credited for the screenplay :ack:.

Jim Krieg is also listed as a story editor ;).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,014 6
A Valid Location
May 20th:
According to Zap2It, "Galactic Wonder" will also air on Cartoon Network on June 3rd at 7:00 AM.

May 23rd:
Deadline reports, ‘DC Super Hero Girls’: Cartoon Network Sets Toon Series For 2018!
Warner Bros. Animation has kicked off production on DC Super Hero Girls, which follows not-so-typical teenagers Diana, Kara and Barbara. Alongside their superhero friends, they have much more to deal with than just protecting the citizens of Metropolis from some of the most sinister schoolage supervillains of the DC Universe.
The action-comedy series from producer Lauren Faust (My Little Pony, The Powerpuff Girls) is set to premiere next year on Cartoon Network. Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!, Justice League Action) serves as executive producer.
From the network: Gal pals Bumblebee, Zatanna and Green Lantern Jessica Cruz are always there to lend an ear, a shoulder to cry on and a fist to punch with, and their bros in the Justice League amp up the fun whether they’re at a concert or taking down a crime ring. But what happens when Diana and her favorite study buddy and fencing partner, Tatsu, can’t agree on how to dole out justice as Wonder Woman and Katana? Or when Barbara finds out her Gotham-Con bestie is teen-fiend Harley Quinn? Along with all their friends, foes and frenemies, this squad of super teens navigates the unique growing pains that come when you’re a teenager trying to fight the battles of the world and the battles of growing up at the same time.
EDIT: Interesting that Shea Fontana isn't involved with the series. Though I agree it's "in good hands" with Lauren Faust. :p

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,307 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
^^^More like multiversal expansion to be politically correct. :p

Shea Fontana confirmed she's still working on her DCSHG material. She knows right now that the shorts/movies/graphic novels she's working on are coming out through 2018.

Another factor concerning how well this show does is how well CN treats it. They might give it the same treatment as Justice League Action and go almost completely unnoticed for the most part.
That's a valid concern. Ever since Justice League. I'd be happy with it not being on Saturday morning. I'd be okay, if they make a block out of the two. Perhaps this could signal Teen Titans Go! could end late this year, early next.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,307 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Hmm, it would kinda be neat to see the Fontana and Faust series cross over. Maybe some mishap with the Boom Tube room in SHH.

CN/WB should bring back DC Nation with TTG, Justice League Action, Young Justice Season 3 and DC super hero girls
Not to go on a tangent, but Eh... I'd like Kids WB! to be resurrected and DC Nation brought back on that channel. ;)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,307 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I'm actually kind of curious if Fontana has her own plans for Zatanna and Jessica Cruz. Maybe she and Lauren can compare notes at some point :anime:?
On Twitter, I recall Fontana was coy about Zatanna appearing. She has confirmed a lot of new characters in season 3 plus we've yet to see Raven.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,665 8
Going back to the current show, since the Batman And Harley Quinn movie is to honor the latter for the 25th anniversary, does anyone think there's a possibility there could be a Harley episode in this series to commemorate that, like a short about Harley's birthday or something.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Seems Nickelodeon's pilot Monster Pack from the Cupcake & Dino team has been picked up for series. Likely sans Nick, but who cares about that.
If you like the Original Grinch animated special and have TBS it's on twice tonight (the 17th) at 7pmet and 8:30pm et
Mickey Mouse's 90th birthday is tomorrow!
I'm rewatching Justice League and I'm sort of weird ed out how old Superman looked in the earlier seasons