"DC Super Hero Girls" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

SuperME

I'm excited for the new show. it's probably going to be a little more mature and i like that. But I think they should rebrand the old line as Superhero High and keep doing the graphic novels and stuff

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
There will a second panel with Monica Kubina and Agnes Garbowska participating, DC For Young Readers
DC is excited to share advance information on DC Super Hero Girls graphic novels and DC Ink and DC Zoom, the new imprints for young readers. Top talent, Art Baltazar and Franco, Agnes Garbowska, Monica Kubina, and Dustin Nguyen give you a glimpse into their projects and spill secrets on things to come.
And it's cool that the Super Hero High TV Special will finally be released as a special feature on the Legends of Atlantis DVD.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
The Legends of Atlantis movie will premiere at Comic-Con on Sunday July 22nd between 12:15pm - 1:30pm. Interestingly enough, they also mention new release dates for the movie - August 21st for Digital, September 18th for the DVD.
The girls of Super Hero High take a deep dive in their latest adventure as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment brings the World Premiere of DC Super Hero Girls: Legends of Atlantis to Comic-Con International. In this all-new entry to the worldwide DC Super Hero Girls franchise phenomenon, the young super heroes must venture to Atlantis when the powerful Book of Legends is suddenly stolen from Super Hero High. Once there, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Supergirl, Bumblebee, and the rest of the Super Crew must contend with the formidable Mera and Siren, the ocean-dwelling thieves. In order to recover the stolen tome and return it to its rightful place, the Super Hero Girls must band together and use their collective powers to successfully get back to land . . . and back to class! Grey Griffin (Velma in the Scooby-Doo franchise), voice of Wonder Woman, will give a special introduction to the film. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC Entertainment, and the LEGO Group, DC Super Hero Girls: Legends of Atlantis will be distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment August 21 on digital, and September 18 on DVD.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
These will most likely be released alongside the actual animated shorts. It's a pretty interesting idea, though.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
We'll see in due time. I still think this could last a while longer, even releasing new animation alongside Faust's TV series.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I doubt they'll both run at the same time. I mean, DC is notoriously bad on character embargoes, and that's just using the same characters in different properties. I doubt they are going to allow two series with not only the same characters and premise, but the exact same name too, run at once.

Honestly? I am not fussed at all. Fontana's version sucks and Faust's looks to be a vast improvement. I will not be sorry to see the web shorts go.

SweetShop209

While the Shea Fontana series most likely won't run alongside the Lauren Faust series , the latter may still run alongside the Lego projects (which Shea Fontana isn't involved in, hence its alternate continuity status ). I mean, for the Lego projects, we've had like 6-7 shorts, a tv special , and 2 movies. WB knows the franchise brings in big money, hence why each series runs their courses to allow different interpretations of the characters and not suffer from creative burnout .

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Apparently John K. is FINALLY finished with 'Cans Without Labels'.
I was never a big fan of Hannah Montana, but it had the best brother-sister relationship I have ever seen on TV.
I'll Be making February 2019 Nick Premieres on Tuesday or Thursday.
lots of things might be scheduled ones that include Crashletes, Double Dare (Special & S1 Finale), LSBS (S2 Finale), More Henry Danger and Cousins For Life... Knight Squad (S2 Premiere), The Loud House, SpongeBob, RainbowButterflyUnicornKitty, Sunny Day, Peppa Pig & Lots More...
SPECULATION So, I've decided the only CN originals we could see added to Boomerang this year are Dexter's Laboratory and Codename: Kids Next Door, already among the most requested shows on the platform. Everything else is on CN On Demand through the end of the year or on Hulu, and we may not see those until 2020 at the earliest. This does not include some of the lesser-known CN stuff.
RTP and SIC did reports on Popeye's 90th. Only SIC mentioned the new web series wothout even mentioning its criticism. Both didn't even mention Wimpy. Maybe he merged with Homsar because of a wrench.