"DC Super Hero Girls" Comic Book Talkback (Spoiler)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not bad. Brings it together with the hatchling Bitey helping save Batgirl from Savage.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm, no Savage -- I'm not convinced that just because Commissioner Gordon never heard of him doesn't mean he never got his powers. But that aside, it was amusing to see the Harley Mammoth tossing him around.

Equally amusing that now Lucius Fox is the principal.

Well, one more issue to go.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Nice to see an allusion to actual history in the bit with Emily Dickinson. That "friend" who gave her her first book of poetry was a man named Benjamin Franklin Newton.

Neat to see Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Starfire hanging out together at the end. :)

Cute seeing 80s Waller fighting Grundy with Batgirl and Harley and now she remembers the event in the present... or did she always? :confused:

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The 1st issue of the DC Super Hero Girls: Out of the Bottle digital comic series is now available.
https://www.readdcentertainment.com...he-Bottle-2017-1/digital-comic/T1775900015001
With deadlines looming, some of the students of Super Hero High decide to stay up and finish their comic book projects for Miss Moone's art class. Can the girls help each other finish in time?
Written by: Shea Fontana
Pencils by: Marcelo Di Chiara & Agnes Garbowska
Price: $0.99
22 Pages

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Mad Hatter and Silver St. Cloud in Katana's comic. Nice. The supers just giving up and the hat pun were awfully amusing. I liked Supergirl and Harley's commentary on the comic right after. Nice to see the artists' flex their styles in Katana and Supergirl's art. Wonder Woman's reaction to Supergirl's was hilarious, veiled insult and all. Poor Moone, has to eat dinner in the cafeteria for her students' sake.

Harley sigh... here we go again.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Supergirl's comic book was adorable. Love the wink to Wonder Woman's traditional comic book origin but incorporating elements of DCSHG like Capes & Cowls, Superfood Cakes, and Killer Moth. Comet and Baticorn! But I think my favorite bit was Supergirl totally trolled Wonder Woman in her comic with Steve declaring her like-liked her and tried to kiss her -- then the real WW objects. A bunch of butterflies carrying off Moth was so random yet... so right. Overall, pretty cool an artist like Garbowska got to use a bit more of her art style in a franchise title.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
DC Super Hero Girls are getting a Free Comic Book Day issue today, containing a preview of their next graphic novel, "Summer Olympus" (which will be released on July 11th).
DC SUPER HERO GIRLS FCBD 2017 SPECIAL EDITION

(Writer) Shea Fontana, (Artist) Yancey Labat

DC Super Hero Girls is an exciting new universe of superhero storytelling that builds character and confidence and empowers girls to discover their true potential. This special FCBD issue features an exciting, action-packed story from the upcoming original graphic novel DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: SUMMER OLYMPUS that readers of all ages will enjoy.

Comments?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
5/10: Neat, WW chose Mrs. Clayface from the short, Dark Opal and Eclipso from the 1st movie, and Trigon for his comic's villains. She was pretty spot on with Cyborg and Starfire, heh.

Nice touch that Harley's comic was about an AU Harley being a villain. But doesn't bode well for SHH.

5/21: Thoughts on the FCBD issue. Wow, finally the end of Freshman year for them. Considering they tend to use some contemporary material, makes sense Zeus is Wonder Woman's father in this franchise. More so interesting that Hermes brought up Diana's Middle Eastern half-sister Siracca. In the comics, she had aerokinesis.There's 5 or 6 half-siblings altogether.

Hippolyta's reaction to the invite and the Pandora's Box nod were amusing enough. Figure's he's an absent father. Dr. Arkham's in the novels but this mention of Arkham Asylum was unexpected. Should be fun getting a peek at everyone else's vacations, too. Never know who else may show up along the way.

Though a bit of a continuity error. Barda refers to Thanksgiving, an allusion to Hero of the Year. However, HotY was revealed to be around spring break in a recent episode "Spring Prison Break" and in the comic, bolstered by the fact Supergirl says it's her first summer on Earth.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Issue #4 of the DC Super Hero Girls: Out of the Bottle digital comic series is now available.
https://www.readdcentertainment.com...he-Bottle-2017-4/digital-comic/T1775900045001
"Punch of Color"

It's alive! Thanks to Harley's artistic shortcut, the girls' art projects have come to life and are headed straight toward the school library. Will they learn that knowledge is power or are they overdue for a hero versus villain face-off?
Pencils by: Marcelo Di Chiara
23 Pages

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Eating pages makes them stronger and bigger... yeeeps. Well on your way to the 142nd detention of the year, Harley. lol.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
As part of the Wonder Woman Day celebration, there's a new DC Super Hero Girls free comic book released today, containing another chapter from the upcoming "Summer Olympus" graphic novel.
DC Super Hero Girls Wonder Woman Day Special Edition (2017) #1
Celebrate Wonder Woman Day on June 3 with two free special edition comics! This exclusive Wonder Woman Day issue features a full chapter from the upcoming DC SUPER HERO GIRLS VOL. 3: SUMMER OLYMPUS. School’s out for summer. Wonder Woman is preparing to visit her father, Zeus, with Bumblebee, Batgirl, Beast Boy and Katana! When they arrive at Olympus, it’s not long before distrustful Ares turns this family reunion into a family competition—and the prize is Wonder Woman’s soul! But when Ares and Strife join forces to work their battle magic on Wonder Woman’s friends, will the girls end up fighting each other instead of the real enemy?

The free comic is also available on Comixology.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Batgirl, Beast Boy, and Katana going through all the London landmarks was pretty cool. Sherlock Museum, Buckingham, London Eye, as well as the Queen and her two Corgis. I suppose that's Strife who they were chasing.

Frost2016

I went to the Grove in LA and saw Shea Fontana at Barnes And Noble for the Wonder Woman Day Event. She spoke about the DC Super Hero Girls graphic novels and moving on to the Wonder Woman arc and signed Summer Olympus and Hits and Myths for me. She said "Thank you for being a huge fan!"

Did anyone notice this in Finals Crisis?

It says Shea'16, referencing Shea Fontana's work on DC Super Hero Girls in 2016.

IMG_1557.JPG

Mod Note: Double Post merged. Please use the Edit button instead of posting twice or more in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Issue #5 of the DC Super Hero Girls: Out of the Bottle digital comic series is now available.
https://www.readdcentertainment.com...he-Bottle-2017-5/digital-comic/T1775900055001
"Every Trick in the Book"

While the drawings feast on the library’s many books to gain power, Batgirl barely escapes and starts brainstorming her plan to stop them. Is it time to ask for some help from their teachers? It’ll have to be detention or disaster as the clock starts ticking on their decision!
Pencils by: Marcelo Di Chiara
23 Pages

Comments?

Frost2016

Well Ms. Moone showed up and she got mad at Harley, but she counted from ten because she says she can't get upset over spilled milk.

Harley literally said in chapter 5 I'm not bad I'm drawn that way! She referenced Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit!

Mod Note: Double Post Merged. Again, please use the Edit button in the lower left corner to add more thoughts to a post instead of posting twice or more in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Amusing the red book Batgirl wanted was miscolored blue. But pretty smart to use a page about Kryptonite to weaken the Supergirl drawing.

Yeah, seems Miss Moone does those affirmations to keep Enchantress at bay. But I'd guess she'll be the 'big bad' in the 2nd half of this comic series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts