"DC Super Hero Girls" Comic Book Talkback (Spoiler)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Discuss the Free Comic Book Day comic previewing the upcoming Finals Crisis graphic novel out July 6 and 12.

talkback.jpg
Released: May 7, 2016

Synopsis: At Super Hero High, iconic Super Heroes like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumblebee, Poison Ivy, and Katana navigate all the twists and turns of high school in their formative years. United by friendship, the DC Super Hero Girls empower kids to shine with confidence and courage, especially while they combat those overwhelming, exciting, and awesomely awkward moments of growing up (sometimes super powers can be super stressful!).

Aspiring Super Heroes can check out our exclusive web series for the full scoop on what life is like inside the walls of Super Hero High School. In the spring of 2016, the DC Super Hero Girls will come to life with a line of action dolls, figures and accessories, books, play sets and so much more. If that doesn’t have you bursting at the seams of your cape, remember that the world of Metropolis is at your fingertips here on the website - play, explore, read and....Get Your Cape On! It’s time to meet the DC Super Hero Girls!

Discuss this comic!

Related Threads:
-News and Discussion Thread
-Webisode Talkback
-Novel Talkback
-TV Special Talkback

hobbyfan

Since I already have the "Finals Crisis" OGN on order for next month, I went and got this. Good story, and I already have a suspicion about who the villain is......!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
5/11: Grodd's method of silencing chatter in the auditorium was pretty amusing. Teeth traps! :D

Nice to see Batgirl's computer interface thing on her wrist is named Oracle.

Chapter 2 was the stand out of the two. A look at Supergirl's high school days on Krypton. Pretty cool to get an Alura cameo and Kara's pet horse is Comet, a nod to the comics menagerie of Super Pets. Mention of the Kryptonian Council, an "Oh my Rao!", and a Kryptonian letter no one wants to see in school. She basically has the standard SG origin - parents built the ship after the council realized Krypton was doomed, got sucked in a wormhole and ended up on Earth decades late. But all in all. Even 'mean girls' existed on Krypton.

Appreciated some foreshadowing in play we'll see more later on in various media, but on page 12, Ma Kent stated she's seen Supergirl fight villains and saved Super Hero High more times than she could count.

And judging by the 'mystery silhouette,' that was Lex Luthor in the classic warsuit.

10/6: Announced at NYCC today, there will be a new digital first comic book series called Past Times at Super Hero High. The trade will be out in 2017 before July.
The students of Super Hero High go on a one of a kind field trip that will allow them to learn about the past, up close and personal!

Issue #1 is out today. If you have an account at readdcentertainment.com, you can get it for free with the code PASTTIMES. Each issue otherwise will be $0.99

New issues will release every other Wednesday.
https://www.readdcentertainment.com...-Times-at-Super-Hero-High/comics-series/82001
https://www.readdcentertainment.com...-Times-at-Super-Hero-High/comics-series/82001
Please Discuss! So far the first issue has a teacher who's appearing for the first time that's been referenced a lot so far.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm starting to warm up to Liberty Belle's oldie references. lol.

Poison Ivy and Beast Boy at odds over herbivores was gold. Finally nice to see Batgirl and Harley butt heads.

But with the time machine bus broken in half... not looking good. But I guess that's why Batgirl is in the story. I'm sure she'll think of something.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Halloween ComicFest Free Comic Hits and Myths: The Journey
Class is in session! Welcome to DC Super Hero High! DC Super Hero Girls is an exciting new universe of superhero storytelling that builds character and confidence and empowers girls to discover their true potential. This special Halloween Comic Fest issue features two exciting, action-packed stories from the upcoming original graphic novel, DC Super Hero Girls: Hits and Myths, that readers of all ages will enjoy. Don't miss this chance to meet the students as they find out that fun, friendship and hard work are all part of growing up!
Alternatively, you can get a free digital version on Comixology. It appears to be the first 18 pages of story of Hits and Myths, which released in comic book stores this past Wednesday and the world wide release is this coming Wednesday, November 2.

Comments?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
PAST TIMES AT SUPER HERO HIGH #3

Pretty amusing that Beast Boy was able to make himself the alpha dinosaur. Even more amusing Supergirl was shocked how eloquent he became. Also, Katana wanting to eat a dinosaur.

Kind of sad to see Harley becoming disheartened with Batgirl unconsciously one upping her at every turn. Figures it would be Harley who broke the time travel rules.

PAST TIMES AT SUPER HERO HIGH #4

The Dino Egg Effect. Heh, cute run on the Butterfly Effect. Though they made a mistake. Index page was a minor mistake. Should be Part 1, not Part 2.

Heh, Wildcat offers a Dinosaur Combat Elective. And Beast Boy using the Spidey motto...

Guess they definitely going with Liberty Belle 'aging gracefully' if she was around when Calvin Coolidge was president. Wonder if the 'third eye' was seeding Despero or just a simple throw away line. Hmm.

Nice continuity nod at the end. Bumblebee acted as ambassador in the second webisode when Wonder Woman first arrived.

So Vandal Savage is the principal instead of Waller. Hmm, just one egg changed the timeline -- nah, I'm betting it has to do with them leaving the other half of the time machine bus in the Jurassic Era.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Alternate timeline should be fun. Vandal Savage is the principal, Liberty Belle was ousted for staging a coup, Harley got expelled last semester, Power Girl is attending -- and they sending some enemies into the Phantom Zone from the Boom Tubes apparently. Little sad Bumblebee had no friends.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Nice callbacks to the Finals Crisis and Hits and Myths graphic novels. Nice twist that Etrigan was Savage's interrogator for centuries in this timeline.

Pretty the cool the debut of Doc Magnus finally appeared after his entry showed up in the yearbook but it's an alternate version with a goatee, lol. Also nice to see the actual Kaboom Candy and Soder after it was referenced in the Yearbook as well. And I think a Kaboom Candy Cupcake was in Webisode 17 when Harley got super famous.

But that ending! Guess we'll be seeing two parallel stories from now on in the comic, the ones at Savage High and Harley and Batgirl going through time to try and fix things.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Pretty cool to see the Atomic Knights used. No matter how many times, still throws me off to see their horses are really giant Dalmatians. :D Nice they got Gardner Grayle and Marlene Herald in there.

Standard Vandal Savage origin, check. Nice to see Batgirl stating the present is 2016, cementing the timeline a bit. Was wondering when the dinosaur egg would come up again, but ouch -- Batgirl really went off at Harley.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ha, just like Legends of Tomorrow, Vandal spends his life chasing two superheroes - lol. Okay, big showdown next issue. I chuckled seeing super buff Crazy Quilt at the end.

Amelia Earhart and Emily Dickinson. Makes sense they chose 1914 and 1847, that would make both of them 16-17 years old.

1980s Amanda Waller. Heh. Figures she would have a run in with a super villain before she became a principal. And Grundy to boot.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Dug the big fight and smart to use the teachers' teachings against their alternate selves.

Nice bonus to see some of the Metal Men debut (Platinum, Lead, and Iron). Knew they'd appear sooner or later after they were basically foreshadowed in Lisa Yee's first novel.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts