"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Technically speaking, "My New Best Friend" would be the 100th episode. Season 1 had 13 episodes, season 2 with 28, season 3 with 26, and season 4 with 24. That totals 91 episodes. The MNBF episode is the 9th episode of the season, thus bringing it to 100. Anyway, you can tell that this wasn't exactly planned to be a big deal given how things were just business as usual for the staff. Plus, some shows don't always do something grand if they reach 100 episodes (for example: SpongeBob, Littlest Pet Shop 2012, Doc McStuffins).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I have
  1. 13 for season 1 (1 Welcome to Super Hero High to 13 Hero of the Month: Wonder Woman),
  2. 25 for season 2 (14 New Beginnings to 38 Hero of the Month: Lady Shiva),
  3. 27 for season 3 (39 "Batnapped" to 65 "It's a Superful Life"),
  4. 24 for season 4 (66 Ring Me Maybe Part 1 to 89 By the Yearbook),
  5. and currently 11 for season 5.
So Part 2 is definitely the 100th...

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Here's this week's webisode:
Haunted Harley | 512 | DC Super Hero Girls
Nice to see the Super Pets aren't forgotten, but I still miss Bud and Lou :(.

It would've been neat to see some other kids in detention with Harley, like Catwoman after her arrest a few episodes back or Batgirl after she got detention last episode, but I guess that would've thrown off the plot of Harley going nuts over a non-ghost :ack:.

Man, Bumblebee really needs to work on the insluation of her suit if a joy buzzer is enough to really mess it up. Granted, a Harley Quinn joy buzzer probably packs a wallop :eek:.

I'm...still not really sure what Batgirl did to save Bumblebee o_O.

Here is a sneak peek for next week.
Isn't it kind of cheating to have Beast Boy compete in a pet show? I mean, I know he's "Beast" Boy, but still :sweat:.

And I guess something happens to Krypto if Kara is using BB :confused:.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls "Haunted Harley"

Was the "I'm so scared!" thing a Blair Witch reference?

Somebody's also a Scooby Doo fan.

The idea that Harley's buzzer shorted out Bumblebee's suit is far more plausible than Harley keeping a portable shrink ray.

Harley is totally Bugs Bunny at the end with Grodd.

Pretty good. ***1/2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Meh. Only laughed at Harley burning sage at the end.

Neat, looks like Flash's pet turtle Whatzit will debut next week.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
All Pets Are Off | 513 | DC Super Hero Girls
It’s Pet Day at Super Hero High and DC Heroes such as Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, The Flash and Batgirl have brought along some of the bravest animals they know to compete in the competition. But when some of the Super-Pets start to mysteriously disappear, the heroes will have to enlist the help of the Teen Titans shape-shifting hero, Beast Boy - to locate their missing animal friends.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I did not expect to have the two parter have both its parts released on the same day. Also, here's a sneak peek.

Frontier

Staff member
All Pets Are Off | 513 | DC Super Hero Girls
Pretty interesting that they delivered both parts in one six-minute block. I wonder if this will become more of the norm moving forward :)?

It's cool to see the Super Pets back in major focus and Beast Boy in the spotlight, even if most of it was spent showing how Beast Boy isn't as good an animal as actual animals ;).

The only pet owner who we didn't see in this episode was Catwoman. Maybe she's still behind bars or detention after her arrest in "My New Best Friend" :confused:?

I guess Wildcat made sense as a judge, setting aside being the only animal-themed human on a judging board made up of other animal-people, since he can better judge the pets' phyiscal prowess :anime:.

I think this is the first time we've seen Cheetah since she got stuck on janitor work aftter he failed villain plot last season. Not that that she had any lines :ack:.

Batgirl really needs to work on her security if Artemiz was somehow able to hotwire her "Batty-Wagon," although it kind of amusing that a criminal stole something usually used for transporting criminals :rolleyes2:.

Does Apokolips really need an animal army? Isn't that what the Parademons are for :p?

"Doesn't this thing have snow tires?" I mean, it probably does, because Batgirl, not that it's probably obvious where it is :quinn:.
I did not expect to have the two parter have both its parts released on the same day. Also, here's a sneak peek.

Looks like they're using the girls' vehicle outfits for gymnastic gear :cool:.

So is Korugar Academy involved or is Bleez just being a bad girl so that they can have a bad girl here :eek:?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls "All Pets Are Off"

Artemis is a bad guy on this show and Arrow. Should I be worried about the one on Young Justice?

I liked the moment at the beginning where Wonder Woman talks about Harley monkeying around, Harley saying she was thinking of kitten around, and then acknowledging Diana's one was better and more relevant.

Would that the Cattywagon and Jailbird puns were so delightful. ***1/2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Weird they lumped two webisodes into one this week. I guess they want so many aired by the end of the year, and probably skipping airing anything on Thanksgiving. Also odd Honey, Kitsune, Silkie, and Perry were absent.

I know what the title of the show is but eye roll at Supergirl bailing Beast Boy out. He could have transformed into something big enough to shove Artemiz out of the Batty Wagon but not big enough to total the wagon from the inside then take control of the wheel. Nope, Supergirl had to show up and freeze the road -- instead of landing in front of the wagon and using super strength to stop it. This way, the other cars that exist in the city can slip and crash. Or Batgirl, Wonder Woman, and Harley decided to run instead of summon their vehicles which Batgirl should be able to because of her tech like her Batcycle.

I guess Artemiz escaped prison from her last capture and decided to kidnap the pets as alms to present Granny Goodness to avoid punishment and had to go to SHH to use their Boom Tubes because her Mother Box got confiscated by the authorities or SHH.

EDIT: Based on the synopsis, if it is Pet Day or National Pet Day then it's April 11 which matches up with the season premiere predicting the future Raven saw to be in May. Or October for International Pet Day and the Darkseid thing isn't for awhile until the end of the season.

Artemis is a bad guy on this show and Arrow. Should I be worried about the one on Young Justice?
This villain is Artemiz, a totally different and separate character from Artemis Crock. Same with the Artemis on Arrow - Evelyn Sharp - who seems to be based on Evelyn Crawford from the New 52 era.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Here's this week's webisode.
The Wobble | 514 | DC Super Hero Girls
Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Bumblebee compete in Super Hero High's gymnastics competition. Wonder Woman is upset after she "wobbles" on her balance beam dismount landing. But when an angry Bleez crashes the competition, Wonder Woman uses The Wobble to her advantage to defeat her.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Nice to see Amy Wolfram writing here. Also, here's a sneak peek at the next episode.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls "The Wobble"

That was pretty bad.

Wonder Woman is sweating only getting a 9.9 from three judges? That's ridiculous.

Also, I kind of feel like Bumblebee shouldn't be shooting her stingers into anyone's eyes. But maybe that's just me.

Preachy and stupid episode. *.

Frontier

Staff member
Weird they lumped two webisodes into one this week. I guess they want so many aired by the end of the year, and probably skipping airing anything on Thanksgiving. Also odd Honey, Kitsune, Silkie, and Perry were absent.
Now even some of the Super Pets are getting snubbed for screentime :p.
I guess Artemiz escaped prison from her last capture and decided to kidnap the pets as alms to present Granny Goodness to avoid punishment and had to go to SHH to use their Boom Tubes because her Mother Box got confiscated by the authorities or SHH.
Belle Reve has a worse track record for keeping people locked up then Arkham :rolleyes2:.
Here's this week's webisode.
The Wobble | 514 | DC Super Hero Girls
Amy Wolfram is a nice blast from the past :).

It was nice to see Wildcat get to do a little more this episode. Maybe he's secretly happy he didn't have to come up with a compliment using Wonder Woman's name :tweety:.

I guess we've got another case of a previous character going full-on villain with Bleez here. I hope she's not expecting Sinestro to bail her out of Belle Reve :sweat:.

Stephanie Sheh as Bleez was neat, but it would've been fun to hear Grey Griffin reprise the role ;).
Nice to see Amy Wolfram writing here. Also, here's a sneak peek at the next episode.

Girls and roller derbies. Guess I should've seen this coming :cool:.

Kinda weird to see Catwoman relatively hanging out with the heroic girls again after the last time we saw her, but I guess Cheetah's there too :shrug:.
Also, I kind of feel like Bumblebee shouldn't be shooting her stingers into anyone's eyes. But maybe that's just me.
Or into her own arm :ack:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Meh webisode. While nothing wrong with them, just today, Supergirl's pep talk = eye roll.

Stephanie Sheh as Bleez was neat, but it would've been fun to hear Grey Griffin reprise the role ;).
Could have sworn Sheh always voiced her.

Dudley

Staff member
Man, the animation in this season is such a huge step down. I never liked Renegade’s work. They’re better for cartoons with simpler cartoony designs, not something involving superheroes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
1. Stephanie Sheh did voice her before, those being in the Intergalactic Games movie and "Tamarean Dance Club", those she was only in one scene for the former and was just a supporting antagonist in the latter. This is just the first major time she voiced her.

2. I wonder if the next episode will be a double length episode. A plot like that certainly merits the length, and none of us could've guessed that "All Pets Are Off" would be double length based solely on the preview.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts