"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Use this thread to continue discussing the DC Super Hero Girls initiative debuting weekly on the DC Super Hero Girls YouTube channel!

talkback.jpg
Debut: October 1st, 2015

Synopsis: At Super Hero High, iconic Super Heroes like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumblebee, Poison Ivy, and Katana navigate all the twists and turns of high school in their formative years. United by friendship, the DC Super Hero Girls empower kids to shine with confidence and courage, especially while they combat those overwhelming, exciting, and awesomely awkward moments of growing up (sometimes super powers can be super stressful!).

Aspiring Super Heroes can check out our exclusive web series for the full scoop on what life is like inside the walls of Super Hero High School. In the spring of 2016, the DC Super Hero Girls will come to life with a line of action dolls, figures and accessories, books, play sets and so much more. If that doesn’t have you bursting at the seams of your cape, remember that the world of Metropolis is at your fingertips here on the website - play, explore, read and....Get Your Cape On! It’s time to meet the DC Super Hero Girls!

Continuing with the most recent episode:
When Ivy's plant experiment goes awry and puts the whole school to sleep, it's up to her and Harley to find the antidote.

Discuss this digital series!

Related threads:
- "DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback, Part I (Spoilers)
- "DC Super Hero Girls" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
- "DC Super Hero Girls" Comic Book Talkback (Spoiler)

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Regarding today's episode, I would say that Ivy shouldn't have said it was a dream, prompting Waller to look out the window, but the latter probably would've done so anyway.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So Katana has a boat. Didn't see that coming.

lol, Grodd and El Diablo. Gonna be awkward in the hallways for awhile.

Who is that girl sitting next to Star Sapphire? I don't really recognize her o_O.
That's Scorch.

Yeah, those wide shots of campus always irritate me. It's real fun trying to make out who they all are... not.

Looks like Raven's already joined the school, completely off-screen :confused:.
Like always, things happen out of order. Fontana confirms as much. So a DTV, GN or Digital Comic will show Raven joining. We know she's in the next GN but that's in October...

Grundy seemed kind of random but I guess zombie's don't breathe and the girls needed more of a physical threat to take on :cool:.
Didn't Ivy say the pollen only hit the SHH campus, not the whole city?

Grundy is a cannibal? Since when?
He's a zombie... but in this canon, more of a Gargamel and Smurfs situation. Keeps saying he'll eat'em but it'll never happen.

Frontier

Staff member

Here's a teaser for the next episode. I think Lena Luthor might return.
Can't get anymore classic then Wonder Woman foiling Cheetah ;).

Complete with Cheetah saying the Scooby-Doo line :p.

I love how Giganta's casual dress is her classic look :D.

I have a hard time believing Lena would be able to fool the heroes with a different wig. I mean, it's not even that different from her old one :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member

Here we go.
Cheating is one thing, but you should never insult Lucius Fox's sweater vest :mad:.

It feels like it's been a while since Cheetah has had any prominent role or focus, so it's nice to see her back at the forefront again and once again renewing her rivalry with Wonder Woman :evil:.

Kind of weird that Lobo was one of their targets at the practice range, though I guess that's more for his actions during "Hits and Myths" then "Intergalactic Games" o_O.

Also, first image of Dark Opal in a webisode and the first sight of him since "Hero of the Year" :).

Y'know, I almost kind of feel bad for Giganta. She's going to jail even though she actually did find the culprit who stole her earring. I mean, she shouldn't have antagonized the Supers, but still :sweat:.

It was pretty cool seeing her in her DCAU purple dress though :D.

So...can Cheetah transform into her human form, or is that all makeup and a wig? If it's the former, I guess we finally know what Barbara Minerva really looks like in this universe :ack:.

I'm starting to think the show should develop a rivalry between Catwoman and Cheetah to see who the better cat-themed thief is, though Selina probably can't say she's ever nabbed the Lasso of Truth ;).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls "The Truth Of The Lasso: Part 1"

Do the green eyes mean it's Circe or Lena? Or is it actually Cheetah herself?

Cheetah gets an extra month of detention for saying Lucius Fox's vest is nerdy? She's just statin' an easy to verify fact.

Pretty good. ***1/2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Eh, an okay one. The start of these multi-parters are getting kinda formulaic.

Hrm. Same 411 production code as last week , either a mistake or they got greenlit at the same time.

Do the green eyes mean it's Circe or Lena? Or is it actually Cheetah herself?
Cheetah has green eyes, too. I know for sure pre-New 52 Barbara Ann Minverva could transform back and forth between Cheetah and human form. So it's not something they're just making up for this show.

Frontier

Staff member
Eh, an okay one. The start of these multi-parters are getting kinda formulaic.
How so? Mera and Jessica's were both focused on introducing a new hero, and we also got two arcs dealing with the Super-Pets.

I guess from a structural standpoint we've got "problem or conflict introduced in the first part that the heroes then resolve in the second part," but that's kind of a given ;).
Cheetah has green eyes, too. I know for sure pre-New 52 Barbara Ann Minverva could transform back and forth between Cheetah and human form. So it's not something they're just making up for this show.
I think this might be the first time we've actually seen a non-Cheetah Barbara Minvera in a cartoon :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Just occurring to me with Katana's boat, she's got the 'Tou' kanji on the side. It's commonly associated with katana and other blade terms in Japanese.

I guess from a structural standpoint we've got "problem or conflict introduced in the first part that the heroes then resolve in the second part," but that's kind of a given ;).
Yeah, pretty much.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Yeah, pretty much.
As formulaic as these two part adventures are, I appreciate them just because it means the show is no longer a sitcom as it was in the first season. Seriously. I still do not understand that premise or who the execs thought that would appeal to.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Seriously. I still do not understand that premise or who the execs thought that would appeal to.
Not me or you, lol. It's not like they had a set idea of making material for really young children. They were breaking into new territory and had to experiment and see what worked and what didn't in the beginning. But yeah, the format has improved since the webisodes first began.

Frontier

Staff member
I think in the initial seasons the show was more focused on establishing itself and the cast, so the adventures were more lighter, slife-of-life, fair, until they gradually started moving into more significant content later on in both the movies and the webisodes ;).

Frontier

Staff member

Here's a sneak peek.
Oh wow, Barbara Minerva's mom and Cheetah's origin :eek:.

Y'know, you'd think the fact that Diana and Cheetah had met before as kids would've come up before, but I guess Diana was never able to recognize Barbara in her Cheetah form :sweat:.

SweetShop209

The plot thickens. In all seriousness though, this was definitely unexpected, but in a good way as usual.

Frontier

Staff member
I think I saw some of Diana's old outfits in those falling clothes ;).

Who would've thought that Wonder Woman and Cheetah met as kids? Although I guess Diana has an excuse not to remember since Barbara Ann looks completely different as Cheetah, though she did almost recognize her human form, but I guess it explains why Cheetah has had it out for Wonder Woman since day one :ack:.

Oh hey, the Amulet of Harmonia :D!

Is it any wonder Cheetah ended up like she did with such a stern, overbearing, mom :eek:?

"Bobbi?" That's a new one :sweat:.

So did the Claw of Deceit make Barbara even more deceitful and dishonest, or did it just heighten those traits in her? Especially given she lied about it well before she even used it on herself :mad:.

This version of Cheetah is lucky. Most versions of the Barbara Minerva Cheetah don't have the luxury of being able to transform back into their human form, though they don't always have reason to want to...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I mean I can get being annoyed with hate-watching and parasocial trailer bashing. It’s just undoubtedly peculiar to be involved with an adult cartoon remake of Good Times and be super defensive about it instead of understanding.
Nick KCA press site is now gone

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?

Featured Posts