"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,555 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
PART 1: What do the Kents got going on they can't attend the talent show? :p

PART 2: Ha, Chompy for the win.

Another 2 parter. Hmm, usually there's just one more episode left with the 2st week of December. But last season ended with 24 episodes. There's at least 4 left for this one if they got the same order number. So could be two 2 parters on the 6 and 13th to close off the season.

I'm glad they didn't try to do a "For the Girl Who has Everything" in just one part. That's not a story you can really do justice to without proper length and focus :).
I think it could have used a Part 3. Felt rushed.

Didn't Kryptomites use to glow when their effect was activated? And what were they doing all out and about and after the Black Mercy? Did someone order them to do it :confused:?
Maybe someone threw another frisbee into the lab. I guess some might have evaded capture from last time and multiplied. Seemed random they were breaking into the vehicles in the workshop to steal parts, the Gold Key, and the Black Mercy but I guess they couldn't figure out the Invisible Jet and Batgirl quickly used the taser Batarang on them. Pretty neat she has a Batmobile know after the smaller version in her Bat bunkers seen in the first graphic novel, btw. I guess the Gold Key implies between seasons, Superman gave her a spare to get into the Fortress of Solitude.

I thought the effect of the Black Mercy were depicted fairly well for this kind of show, but I do think the impact would have been more noticeable had we had Kara on Krypton with her family, because I think that would have been more of a "perfect" world in her mind as it has been in other adaptions of this story :crying:.
Yeah. Or a combo, on Krypton, but SHH was there and everyone she knew. Not just fake Grodd...

Oh hey, Katana finally gets to do something again, although she doesn't get any lines :ack:.
It made me wonder if the storyboarder was a Samurai Jack fan. Funny they cut to the girls with purple chlorophyll all over them.

Something I didn't notice was how Grey DeLisle Griffin was not credited for voicing Wonder Woman, and Tara Strong was only credited for Ivy, not Harley.
I'd guess that was the credits for Part 2 that they used.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
8,195 6
A Valid Location
Here's this week's webisode.
Missing Martian | 519 | DC Super Hero Girls
Miss Martian wants everyone to forget her birthday, but she gets a bad surprise when her friends seem more interested in attacking Metropolis.
And a teaser for the next webisode, "Water Water Nowhere".
When Killer Croc breaks the school's water main before a burglary, Mera's the only one there to stop him - and she has no water to use to defend herself.

Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,843 9
Framingham, MA
DC Super Hero Girls “Missing Martian”

Anyone else disturbed that the girls mask a surprise party by faking a terrorist attack? And if Miss Martian REALLY wanted to know what they were up to, she could just read their minds.

The animation was choppy too.

Par for the course. So absolutely terrible. 1/2.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,717 47
Sherman Oaks CA
Here's this week's webisode.
Missing Martian | 519 | DC Super Hero Girls
I'm kind of surprised Grodd went out of his way to wish another student a Happy Birthday. I guess he really is a softie deep down ;).

Seeing Catwoman still wandering the halls makes me wonder what it takes to actually get expelled from Super Hero high. This season has been fairly continuity-lite aside from the Darkseid stuff, but apparently getting arrested only a few episodes ago for theft, effectively brainwashing Batgirl, and assault on fellow students wasn't enough to get her kicked out, but I guess they also gave Cheetah another chance after she committed similar crimes :sweat:.

I have to imagine there was a better way of tricking Miss Martian into a Surprise Party that didn't involve making her think her friends had turned into violent Supervillains, but then I guess we wouldn't have had the plot of the episode :shrug:.

Although when following them ended up humiliating M'Gann, I guess I'm glad she took the surprise as well as she did :ack:.

Now that I think about it, couldn't this have all been all resolved by Miss Martian reading their minds? Oh well :rolleyes2:.

I like that they acknowledged Supergirl's super-senses being able to detect an invisible Miss Martian :cool:.

Kind of weird that Starfire is the only character not in her normal costume here :confused:.
And a teaser for the next webisode, "Water Water Nowhere".
It's nice to see them remember Mera :).

Why do bad guys always seem to forget Atlanteans have super-strength and invulnerability :p?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,555 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Seeing Catwoman still wandering the halls makes me wonder what it takes to actually get expelled from Super Hero high. This season has been fairly continuity-lite aside from the Darkseid stuff, but apparently getting arrested only a few episodes ago for theft, effectively brainwashing Batgirl, and assault on fellow students wasn't enough to get her kicked out, but I guess they also gave Cheetah another chance after she committed similar crimes :sweat:.
I'd guess Waller wants nobody to become a villain and wants to try any and all attempts to prevent a student from going down that path. So expulsion seems rare. I think the only ones in the entire franchise were Golden Glider and Mandy Bowin in the first novel, though the latter was staged.