"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Frontier

Staff member
Here's this week's webisode.
Rolling Blunder | 515 | DC Super Hero Girls
I guess an all-girl show has to have a roller derby plot at some point :rolleyes2:.

I'm kind of surprised Super Hero High would have anything above-board to do with the Furies at this point to be honest, especially after the Intergalactic Games :confused:.

Grodd refereering the game was kind of...random :sweat:.

So was using the Roller Derby as a means of breaking into Belle Reve the plan all along or just a very convenient improvisation by the Furies? And did the girls then conveniently throw the Furies in prison or drag them back to finish the game :p?

Starfire gets the spotlight next week. Here's a sneak peek .
I see they're going to once again highlight Starfire's "fish out of Water" status :).

Oh hey, Kryptomites! Been a while since we've seen them :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If Batgirl could squeeze between Lashina's legs like that, she's got a future in limbo dance.

I guess an all-girl show has to have a roller derby plot at some point :rolleyes2:.
The funny thing about that is Shea Fontana did some roller derby back in the day I believe.

Grodd refereering the game was kind of...random :sweat:.
And judging a lot of competitions. Must need a lot of side-gigs. I guess bamboo doesn't grow on... they cost money.

So was using the Roller Derby as a means of breaking into Belle Reve the plan all along or just a very convenient improvisation by the Furies? And did the girls then conveniently throw the Furies in prison or drag them back to finish the game :p?
Seemed like a coincidence they were okay with. Not sure they could finish the game after face planting the curb like that, lol.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls "Rolling Blunder"

Decent animation for Flash.

Why were supposed to think Barda could skate in the first place?

The saddest thing about the name "Splatgirl" is that it's a name Barb chose for herself and wants. What is actually wrong with her? She must be SO damaged by a past trauma to call herself something like that.

Wow, this show just got deeper than I ever thought. ***.

Frontier

Staff member
The funny thing about that is Shea Fontana did some roller derby back in the day I believe.
Even funnier since she's not even involved with the day-to-day episodes anymore :p.
And judging a lot of competitions. Must need a lot of side-gigs. I guess bamboo doesn't grow on... they cost money.
Plus he's an ex-con working on a school income. He probably does need all the jobs he can get :rolleyes2:.

Frontier

Staff member
Target Practice | 516 | DC Super Hero Girls
I kind of have hard time believing Starfire has been on Earth so long and not have any idea what frisbee is. Okay, maybe not first-hand knowledge, but still :sweat:.

Even for Starfire that's a few too many "the's" in front of a word. Like, "The Wonder Woman" :rolleyes:?

Huh, you'd think all the Kryptomites in Lena's lab would've been cleared out by now...

How did Starfire even set that fire in the trash can? Was it friction or something :confused:?

Why would they even need the Fire Department? Supergirl has Freeze Breath :(.

Starfire throwing those frisbee's around like shuriken was ridiculous even by this show's (and this specific season's) standard :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
At least the next webisode seems to mark the end of these 'slice of life' stories and returns to the Darkseid arc.

I kind of have hard time believing Starfire has been on Earth so long and not have any idea what frisbee is. Okay, maybe not first-hand knowledge, but still :sweat:.
Hard to say with Starfire...

Huh, you'd think all the Kryptomites in Lena's lab would've been cleared out by now...
Probably deemed it to dangerous to demo.

Why would they even need the Fire Department? Supergirl has Freeze Breath :(.
lol. That's what I thought, too.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls “Target Practice”

I like Starfire’s new costume.

Aaah! Kryptomites! Irksome creatures! Prepare for Starfire’s Wrath Of The Fun!

I was surprised at how much I liked this. ****1/2.

SweetShop209

It's a bit strange how there's no preview yet. Anyway, this was enjoyable.

Edit: I found the preview. Ten bucks says JM DeMatteis writes this.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Mindscape | 517 | DC Super Hero Girls
Why would the math club need extra credit? It's already an extracurricular activity :confused:.

I guess telepathy + magic = entering into people's dreams now :p.

So we're supposed to assume that figure in Bumblebee's dream was Darkseid, who apparently now has Dr. Destiny's powerset, who was using her to finish his Omega Equation :ack:.

That sillhouette of Darkseid's body looks kind of wierd. Not sure if I'm going to like his redesign for this series :(.
It's a bit strange how there's no preview yet. Anyway, this was enjoyable.

Edit: I found the preview. Ten bucks says JM DeMatteis writes this.

Huh, "For The Girl Who Has Everything?" Wonder if this is a Black Mercy induced world...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not bad. Great focus for Miss Martian and bringing the Darkseid storyline back to the forefront. Also nice to hear a 52 reference as Bumblebee works on the equation in her dream.

Why would the math club need extra credit? It's already an extracurricular activity :confused:.
... Super Hero High writes its own rules. :p

I guess telepathy + magic = entering into people's dreams now :p.

So we're supposed to assume that figure in Bumblebee's dream was Darkseid, who apparently now has Dr. Destiny's powerset, who was using her to finish his Omega Equation :ack:.
Darkseid has telepathy in the current comics and invaded some minds like Constantine.

Frontier

Staff member
For The Girl Who Has Everything | 518 | DC Super Hero Girls
I'm glad they didn't try to do a "For the Girl Who has Everything" in just one part. That's not a story you can really do justice to without proper length and focus :).

I'm with Supergirl. Working with Harley would probably have either never gotten the project done or just messed it up. Although I guess if they had worked together Grodd might have given them a B for Effort :sweat:.

Didn't Kryptomites use to glow when their effect was activated? And what were they doing all out and about and after the Black Mercy? Did someone order them to do it :confused:?

I love how it's not a villain who's behind Supergirl coming under the effect of the Black Mercy, it's her friends trying to help her :p.

I thought the effect of the Black Mercy were depicted fairly well for this kind of show, but I do think the impact would have been more noticeable had we had Kara on Krypton with her family, because I think that would have been more of a "perfect" world in her mind as it has been in other adaptions of this story :crying:.

It may have been an illusion, but hey, villain Grodd ;).

Oh hey, Katana finally gets to do something again, although she doesn't get any lines :ack:.
I had a feeling that this would be two parts . Anyway, here's a sneak peek for next week.

So either we've got body-dubles or mind control going on...

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
DC Super Hero Girls “For The Girl Who Has Everything”

Wow, Supergirl is a small dreamer.

Your pop culture task for today. I want someone to tie up Alan Moore, wherever he may be. Put a camera on him a la Two Girls One Cup, and tape his entire reaction as he watches this episode. Then post the footage online. I guarantee it will a 100 times more entertaining than what we just saw. 0.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

It's weird how Americans say the 'metric' expression "2k", never heard that in Belgium.
When I started Toonzone (now AS), my older posts can be embarrassed.
I know I may sound like an idiot, but does anybody play simulation games such as Paradise Island 2 and Rising Cities? (playing them right now)
4Kids was actually alright, change my mind.
RegularCapital decided to shut down his blog for keeps. I stopped following the blog around 2016/2017 because CN was not worth it anymore. Was also a proud member of its forums when they existed.