"DC Showcase (Animated Shorts)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

EmaHalJordan

I'd like to see them use Atom period. Also, a Hawkman and Atom team up short could be rad, too. So much from the 60s they could homage like "the slingshot" cover. :D
A Atom and Hawkman team-up could be the main long-running short. They seem to me much more important characters than Constantine, if he can, Hawkman and Atom too!
Also Hawkman will now be powered by the Black Adam movie.
It would be beautiful if this short happens! :D

Frontier

Staff member
I'd like to see them use Atom period. Also, a Hawkman and Atom team up short could be rad, too. So much from the 60s they could homage like "the slingshot" cover. :D
I'd like to see them do more Charlton character shorts or stuff with some of the bigger "names" who usually don't get solo stuff like Zatanna, Black Canary, Vibe, the Hawks, etc.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I'd love to see a longer short that actually used the conceit of the late 80's Cary Bates and Patrick Broderick's Captain Atom run. Or a "second" Blue Beetle that actually translates the setting of the 2006 run that premiered Jaime Reyes. Plastic Man would be fun and a good way to experiment with visuals.

Frontier

Staff member
I'd love to see a longer short that actually used the conceit of the late 80's Cary Bates and Patrick Broderick's Captain Atom run. Or a "second" Blue Beetle that actually translates the setting of the 2006 run that premiered Jaime Reyes. Plastic Man would be fun and a good way to experiment with visuals.
Give Elongated Man a short that's basically just him and Sue solving a case like their old Flash backups :).

Or even better, Detective Chimp :p.

Frontier

Staff member
So it seems like we're following rebooted Constantine having to deal with the ramifications of helping set off the 2nd Flashpoint into the Tomorrow-verse? Is this Tomorrow-verse Constantine o_O?

Is that actually Etrigan or is it some kind of demonic facsmilie of him? At 1:01 that looks like a demonic version of Zatanna, and I guess that's the woman John is seen sleeping with in another scene? All of these are fakes of people John knows :eek:?

At 0:56 it looks like he gets finger flicked by The Spectre :p.

My only point of contention is that...the animation really doesn't look that great in my opinion :(.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I was a little burnt out on the Tucker-verse/DCAMU, so a potential return to that world so soon (however limited) doesn't really do much to excite me. Of course, this short doesn't mean a proper return as this could be the Tomorrow-verse iteration of John, but I'd still prefer a complete fresh start.

However, I do wonder if the narrative they are starting here will impact the rumored Crisis on Infinite Earths animated trilogy.

Frontier

Staff member
I was a little burnt out on the Tucker-verse/DCAMU, so a potential return to that world so soon (however limited) doesn't really do much to excite me. Of course, this short doesn't mean a proper return as this could be the Tomorrow-verse iteration of John, but I'd still prefer a complete fresh start.

However, I do wonder if the narrative they are starting here will impact the rumored Crisis on Infinite Earths animated trilogy.
I wonder if we should take this as indicative of what Tommorow-verse John, Etrigan, and Zatanna look like:

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 07-50-47 DC Media TV Shows, Animated Movies and Video Games - Page 416.png

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

RoyalRubble

Staff member
There will be a "DC Showcase Animated Shorts" panel at WonderCon on April 1. I can't seem to be able to link directly to the panel description.
DC Showcase Animated Shorts
Friday, April 1, 2022 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
North 200A
Virtual event
DESCRIPTION
Warner Bros. Animation, DC, and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment continued their fan-favorite DC Showcase animated shorts program in 2021–2022, this time spotlighting such unheralded characters as Blue Beetle, The Losers, Kamandi, and the anchor, Constantine: The House of Mystery. Cast and crew from these animated shorts discuss the shorts’ popularity and purpose. Get an advance look at clips from Constantine: The House of Mystery. DC Showcase: Constantine: The House of Mystery, an R-rated shorts collection, will be available from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Blu-ray and in 4K on Digital starting May 3, 2022.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Recently actor James Hong was interviewed on Jimmy Kimmel. He's 93 but still going strong. Really cool!
so I switch on disney xd and to my surprise chip & dale rescue rangers is on

For someone who's been around less than a year, Barbie Brooklyn Roberts has gotten plenty of (well deserved) attention.
According to zap2it, nick@nite will air Seinfeld starting early Tues May 31 2am-4am, that means Mom will be off the lineup after May 26.

I'm not sure why Nickelodeon tweet for SpongeBob movie airing tonight has nick@nite bug showing, technically it starts at 9pm, not 8pm

Featured Posts