DC Icons Batman "Last Rites" figure and storyline question

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

DarkAngel

Lord Vader
May 1, 2001
Ratings
Ohio
Visit site
If I'm posting this in the wrong place, apologies. My question involves a Batman figure and the associated comic book storyline.

I'm not an action figure collector, though recently have been drawn in a bit. I found out about the now discontinued DC Icons line with the first figure in that line being a "Last Rites" Batman.
I had heard rumblings that that storyline was set around the time Bruce was missing and believed to be dead and that therefore that figure was of Dick Grayson as Batman. I haven't read it.
I loved the idea of having a Grayson Batman figure, so I've been contemplating buying one. However, I've seen other stuff posted online saying that "Last Rites" was before Grayson donned the costume.
For those familiar with the storyline and/or the figure, is there any credence to the figure being Grayson? Did he appear in "Last Rites", even if briefly, as Batman? And, yes, I know I can assume its
whoever I want under the mask. Its just that if I'm going to shell out some money for it, I'd like to have some legitimate backing for it actually being Grayson. At least to justify the purchase in my mind. :)
Hope this doesn't seem too silly and would appreciate any thoughts.

Here's a link to the figure. Though the pictures on that page don't show it, the side of the box says "Last Rites." Visually, does that look like the costume Grayson wore as Batman?
I know there was a later DC Icons "Rebirth" Batman released. I'm interested in the first figure.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Latest profile posts

My personal synopsis: I'm not the most energetic or enthusiastic person you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun. Generally, I'm pretty introverted and usually play video games, watch anime, and also study in the field of IT. I'm a huge music fanatic, as well. And I listen to pretty much everything except country. My favorites being trap, jazz, and metal.
anyone else surprised that new Paw Patrol one hour special are now Nick's #1 most watched premieres in 2018 so far?
I just saw The Grinch in IMAX, it was great!
Iron Man: Armored Adventures is one of the most thrilling cartoons ever made.
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?