DC Comics Animation - Soundtrack/Music News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Spider-Man

Any word on the Sub-Zero soundtrack? I assume it'll be this year, perhaps at SDCC?

JAG2045

Unfortunately, not yet. All we know right now is their priority is The Adventures of Batman and Robin for 2019.

Has there been any further word on this release at all? Would love to get more BTAS soundtracks (the last release was Mystery of the Batwoman in 2016).

Also its been a while since I checked but how many of BTAS/TAOBAR still need to be released on CD?

Personally I'm really hoping for a Batman Beyond collection or an expanded release of the Return of the Joker soundtrack!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Has there been any further word on this release at all? Would love to get more BTAS soundtracks (the last release was Mystery of the Batwoman in 2016).
While nothing has been officially announced or scheduled, La-La Land Records is planning to release some DC Animation titles this year.

ShadowStar

Also its been a while since I checked but how many of BTAS/TAOBAR still need to be released on CD?

Personally I'm really hoping for a Batman Beyond collection or an expanded release of the Return of the Joker soundtrack!

The first 65 episodes of BTAS have had their music released (in the BTAS vols. 1-4 soundtracks) and La-La Land released an expanded Mask of the Phantasm soundtrack, plus Mystery of the Batwoman, as you mentioned.

So they have yet to release:
The Adventures of Batman and Robin (episodes 66-85)
Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero
The New Batman Adventures (all 24 episodes)

I'm with you in hoping that they will also release Batman Beyond and an expanded Return of the Joker!

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
It seems like the only soundtracks that really sell for them is a combination of Shirley Walker/Live Orchestra/Batman.

The three above mentioned by Shadowstar seem likely (even without Walker's name attached to Sub-Zero), but everything else now feels like an extreme long shot.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
La-La Land Records has provided a look at the track list for Young Justice: Outsiders – Music from the DC Universe Original Series and Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans – Music from the DC Animated Movie, two upcoming CD soundtrack releases from the record label available starting August 25th, 2020 at 12noon PST. Details are available exclusively at The World's Finest!

Funkatron

Does anyone know if Warner/Watertower will release the remaing Batman:TAS soundtracks digitally? As of right now they only have the music from the first 2 physical volumes out on digital

Spider-Man

Does anyone know if Warner/Watertower will release the remaing Batman:TAS soundtracks digitally? As of right now they only have the music from the first 2 physical volumes out on digital
Maybe around the next big Batman event, which I guess would be The Batman. I find that WB has really slowed down on releasing DC animated music lately. I was glad we got a soundtrack to The Long Halloween but I was surprised an Injustice soundtrack wasn't released. And they do seem to be sitting on the older stuff too. I wonder if the delays in La La releasing their own BTAS soundtracks is impacting this too.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Dynamic Music Partners has just announced Teen Titans Original Soundtrack – Volume One, an extensive soundtrack featuring music from the show’s first season, and they sat down with WF to talk all about it. Check it out here! Teen Titans Original Soundtrack – Volume One arrives July 21, 2022 from Dynamic Music Partners and Dynamic Soundtrack Records, and is available to purchase from your preferred digital retailer.

Dallas Kinard

Dynamic Music Partners has just announced Teen Titans Original Soundtrack – Volume One, an extensive soundtrack featuring music from the show’s first season, and they sat down with WF to talk all about it. Check it out here! Teen Titans Original Soundtrack – Volume One arrives July 21, 2022 from Dynamic Music Partners and Dynamic Soundtrack Records, and is available to purchase from your preferred digital retailer.
I hope it gets put on Spotify.

ShadowStar

La La Land is having a sale on all 4 volumes of BTAS' soundtrack CDs due to its 30th anniversary

This is also a last call sale -- BTAS Vols. 2, 3 and 4, and Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman are all going out of print! Get them while you can!

Dallas Kinard said:
I hope it gets put on Spotify.
Yes, the Teen Titans soundtrack is available on Spotify. And it's awesome! I've been having a blast listening to "Nevermore", "Final Exam" and "Apprentice Part II" in particular. I've also really been enjoying the music in "Divide and Conquer", "Masks", "Sisters" and "Apprentice Part I"! The music sounds amazing.

Last edited:

ShadowStar

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.

Featured Posts