DC Comics Animation - Soundtrack/Music News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

ShadowStar

I'm delirious with excitement! So much beautiful music, particularly from Only a Dream, Wild Cards, Maid of Honor, Comfort and Joy, The Terror Beyond, Twilight, The Savage Time, A Better World and (of course) Starcrossed. Those tears of joy are close at hand now...

I'm shocked that Secret Society is not represented at all though, and I see that other memorable cues did not make the cut. I'll put together a list of those cues in due course, in the hope that we might someday get a 2-disc Volume 2. But this set is so fantastic!

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
That's a great selection of music for the Justice League release. I think we've been spoiled by getting complete episode scores for B:TAS, but I'll always take what I can get.

ShadowStar

Some cues that I would really like to see included if a second volume of JL is eventually released:
  • SECRET ORIGINS: Batman vs. the three aliens on the observatory roof (Part 1), J'onn origin flashback (Part 2)
  • TWILIGHT: Arrival on the Brainiac moon (end of Part 1), fight with Darkseid's Brainiac army (Part 2), Forager meets Highfather (end of Part 2)
  • A BETTER WORLD: Flash tricks Justice Lord Batman (Part 2), Justice League cross back (Part 2)
  • ECLIPSED: Flash Booster Bar commercial (beginning of Part 1)
  • SECRET SOCIETY: Shade's robbery (Part 1), Grodd and Clayface talk (Part 1), Batman in the hospital / League fights the Society (Part 1), Recap (Part 2), Stadium showdown (Part 2).
  • WILD CARDS: Watchtower scene (beginning of Part 1), "25 bombs" (Part 1), Jack surprises Batman (Part 1), Recap (Part 2), "A person could really learn to hate that guy" (Part 2), Flash gets rid of the last bomb (Part 2)
  • STARCROSSED: Recap (Part 2), Talak's announcement to the world (Part 2), Recap (Part 3), Kraager exposes Shayera to Hro (Part 3), Batcave fight (Part 3)
It would also be cool to have the Luminus/Grundy fight from Only a Dream, J'onn destroying the Philosopher's Stone in A Knight of Shadows and the John Stewart apartment scene in Hearts and Minds.

Hopefully all of the above will eventually find their way onto a different release, but for now I'm looking forward to the new 4-disc set - which is packed to the brim with LOTS of excellent JL music! Will post thoughts on that release in its talkback thread. :)

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The World’s Finest caught up with Dynamic Music Partners to discuss their involvement in the Batman: The Killing Joke animated feature, along with the new soundtrack releases for the aforementioned Batman: The Killing Joke animated feature, Justice League and Batman: The Animated Series – Volume Four. All three soundtracks, released by La-La Land Records, will be available first starting July 20, 2016 at the San Diego Comic-Con 2016 before being made available on the official La-La Land Records website – and other online retailers – on July 26th, 2016. Click on the image below to check out the interview, right here at The World’s Finest!

Skelly

Very nice interview!
I'm glad you asked about what goes into the soundtrack album-making process, since despite all their interviews over the years it's something that never has been covered very well. This has me ready to buy all three of their releases as soon as they're available.

Riddler

Very excited for all the upcoming releases. I was surprised that we won't be getting complete scores for the JL set but I can understand the reasoning. Honestly I can't complain, I'm totally thrilled with what we are getting!

ShadowStar

Excellent interview - it was particularly cool to read about the composers' memories of presenting Secret Origins to Bruce Timm, as well as their thoughts on the score selection process (favouring "complete statements of music"). Thanks for this, James! :)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
La-La Land Records has provided the track listings for the special Justice League vs Teen Titans/Batman: Bad Blood double-soundtrack release. The soundtrack will be available to order from the label's official website on August 16th at 12noon (PST). Autographed copies while supplies last, to the first 100 customers who place orders on the site when it goes live. The track listing is below.

t-soundtrackcover.jpg
t-soundtrackcover.jpg

TRACK LISTING:[/URL]

DISC 1: JUSTICE LEAGUE vs. TEEN TITANS
1. Justice League vs. Teen Titans 0:26
2. The Child Must Answer 3:11
3. The Power of Raven 1:25
4. Azerath 4:43
5. Return of a Father 2:51
6. Battling the Underworld 1:33
7. I Am a Weapon 2:14
8. Raven’s Crystal 1:58
9. Darkness Descends 0:42
10. The Portal to Humanity 1:34
11. Invasion 2:41
12. Secrets 0:52
13. Supernatural Events 2:36
14. Titans vs. Hell 0:58
15. We Are Your Best Hope 2:09
16. Raven’s Destiny 1:41
17. Defeated 0:56
18. Possessed 0:49
19. Rise of the Demon 1:32
20. Within Worlds 3:10
21. Hell on Earth 1:42
22. “Down to Nothing”
Performed by Siddhartha Menon
DISC TIME: 44:42

DISC 2: BATMAN: BAD BLOOD
1. Main Title 0:25
2. Nothing to Hide 2:56
3. Security System Down 0:47
4. Profile on Batwoman 2:06
5. No Secrets in This World 2:22
6. Aware of Absence 0:50
7. Pain Behind the Mask 2:26
8. Reports of His Death 1:41
9. Batwing and Robin 1:52
10. The Heretic 1:24
11. Bruce’s Nightmare 1:14
12. Past the Trauma 1:26
13. Sisters of Perpetual Grace 1:50
14. The Perfect Soldier 2:26
15. A Cold Heart 1:43
16. This Is Not the Time 1:26
17. In One Piece 1:42
18. Daughter vs. Father 0:51
19. A Man of Peace 1:41
20. Programmed to Kill 1:58
21. Diving Below 1:42
22. League of Shadows 1:44
23. It’s Just About Control 2:34
24. United Again 4:12
25. End Credits 0:46
DISC TIME: 44:53

Skelly

Hmm... I wonder which of the DC animation regulars (the DMP, Frederik Wiedmann, or Robert Kral) will be crafting the score to it (if any of the above).

ShadowStar

Just a quick shout-out to anyone who's enjoying the Justice League set (or planning on buying it) and wants a second volume to make their views known to La-La Land! E-mail them if you want them to release more music from the show. It's never too early to show interest, especially not after what happened with Superman:TAS (which might not be getting a second volume due to slow/poor sales).

I'm saying this now because it might be hard to persuade La-La Land to release a second volume of JL given that the first release has already (partially) addressed most of the show's episodes.

Fans need to make a case for JL Vol 2, like they did for BTAS Vol 4!

La-La Land's e-mail address can be found here: http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/ShippingInfo.html

Last edited:

ShadowStar

Fimucité 2016 is just around the corner and I was just wondering if any Toonzone users will be going. If you are, then you're in for a treat! Here's the programme: http://fimucite.com/f10/en/programme

There will be two DC animated concerts. The one on the 29th September will be almost exactly the same as the one that was held in Krakow earlier this year (see my earlier post in this thread for a breakdown of that concert), but with the addition of music from the Teen Titans episodes 'Terra' and 'Things Change', as well as the film 'Trouble in Tokyo'.

The 'A Tribute to Shirley Walker' concert on the 28th September also looks amazing. It will feature music from 'Mask of the Phantasm', 'On Leather Wings', 'Make 'Em Laugh', 'Chase Me', 'To Another Shore', 'Little Big Head Man', 'Starcrossed' and 'Cyborg the Barbarian'. Check out the programme for the details of the cues selected from those stories. Very sad to be missing out on that concert.

Let's hope this won't be the only time that those amazing cues (I'm thinking particularly of 'Make 'Em Laugh', 'On Leather Wings', 'Starcrossed', 'Cyborg the Barbarian' and 'To Another Shore') will be performed live!

Last edited:

Skelly

Well, look at that! Larry Rench is the orchestrator for the event; I believe he orchestrated The Killing Joke as well. I guess he has a good relationship with the DMP as he did with Walker.
Man, I'm never able to go to these concerts... I wish recordings of them would be made available every now and then!

ShadowStar

10/1: Fimucité 2016 is over now (I think) but here are some cool little clips from rehearsals that recently took place! :)

https://twitter.com/utadeer/status/780585680451796992

https://twitter.com/utadeer/status/780583193506418690

10/7: Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to chime in that the Dynamic Music Partners' website lists them as having been working on 3 top secret projects "with announcements to come in 2016". Obviously two of them were The Killing Joke and Return of the Caped Crusaders. Could the third one be Batman vs. Two-Face (the Caped Crusaders sequel)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skelly

I think it's a little too soon for that. WB probably didn't finalize plans for that sequel until recently.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The World's Finest has track details for the upcoming Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders soundtrack, which will be available from La-La Land Records starting November 8th, 2016. Click the image for the details!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts