DC Comics Animation - Soundtrack/Music News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

JAG2045

Aug 25, 2012
United Kingdom
Unfortunately, not yet. All we know right now is their priority is The Adventures of Batman and Robin for 2019.
Has there been any further word on this release at all? Would love to get more BTAS soundtracks (the last release was Mystery of the Batwoman in 2016).

Also its been a while since I checked but how many of BTAS/TAOBAR still need to be released on CD?

Personally I'm really hoping for a Batman Beyond collection or an expanded release of the Return of the Joker soundtrack!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Has there been any further word on this release at all? Would love to get more BTAS soundtracks (the last release was Mystery of the Batwoman in 2016).
While nothing has been officially announced or scheduled, La-La Land Records is planning to release some DC Animation titles this year.

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA

Also its been a while since I checked but how many of BTAS/TAOBAR still need to be released on CD?

Personally I'm really hoping for a Batman Beyond collection or an expanded release of the Return of the Joker soundtrack!
The first 65 episodes of BTAS have had their music released (in the BTAS vols. 1-4 soundtracks) and La-La Land released an expanded Mask of the Phantasm soundtrack, plus Mystery of the Batwoman, as you mentioned.

So they have yet to release:
The Adventures of Batman and Robin (episodes 66-85)
Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero
The New Batman Adventures (all 24 episodes)

I'm with you in hoping that they will also release Batman Beyond and an expanded Return of the Joker!

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Jul 24, 2007
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
It seems like the only soundtracks that really sell for them is a combination of Shirley Walker/Live Orchestra/Batman.

The three above mentioned by Shadowstar seem likely (even without Walker's name attached to Sub-Zero), but everything else now feels like an extreme long shot.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
La-La Land Records has provided a look at the track list for Young Justice: Outsiders – Music from the DC Universe Original Series and Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans – Music from the DC Animated Movie, two upcoming CD soundtrack releases from the record label available starting August 25th, 2020 at 12noon PST. Details are available exclusively at The World's Finest!

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The winner of this matchup is "Littlest Pet Shop Of Horrors", which got 3 votes. "Terrifying Tristate Trilogy Of Terror" got nothing. The next matchup is between the My Little Pony episode "Luna Eclipsed" and The Casagrandes episode "New Haunts".

Three days late but happy 10th anniversary to one of my favorite CN shows. Happy 10th birthday to Sym-Bionic Titan.
Damn, now I have to buy another Hot Rod figure.
At last, I am back, and this time, I am DONE commenting on the Coronavirus thread in the Cafe Toonzone forum. It just causes problems for me.