DC Comics Animation - Physical/Digital Media News & Discussion Thread, Part 20 (Spoilers)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced the upcoming The Batman Blu-ray collection has been delayed to March 1, 2022. Full details are here, or check out the tweet below:

BB Shockwave

Quick question to those in the know - is it worth to buy the Justice League (Unlimited) BluRays? I read that they have a wrong aspect ratio, and was wondering, with Batman and Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, LOSH and The Batman getting BR releases, will they re-release JLU as well? Any news on that?

Palin Dromos

The Abyss Stares Back
Justice League Season 2, and JLU on Bluray are both 1.78:1 aspect ratio, which is correct.
I don't have JL Season 1, but I believe it is in 1.33:1 aspect ratio, which is the full image as animated. There's a bit of a grey area with season 1 as it was animated 1.33:1, but envisioned as 1.78:1, so your definition of "correct" aspect ratio could vary.
Hope that helps.
I don't believe there are plans to reissue the blurays any time soon.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Quick question to those in the know - is it worth to buy the Justice League (Unlimited) BluRays? I read that they have a wrong aspect ratio, and was wondering, with Batman and Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, LOSH and The Batman getting BR releases, will they re-release JLU as well? Any news on that?
Yes, the JLU Blu-ray is in 1.78:1 widescreen. For the blu-ray, Warner Archive fixed some things that the DVD had: the audio glitch in the big battle in"Divided We Fall" and while the Justice League Unlimited: The Complete First Season DVD release had "Hunter's Moon" erroneously between "Question Authority" and "Flashpoint," it is in the right order on the Blu-ray.

Each time, a JL/JLU set is asked about or if it's asked when it's coming to Blu-ray, PR representatives like Gary Miereanu will point to the JL and JLU Blu-rays already out now to purchase and/or repeats there will be no full set box release of the series like BTAS/TNBA and Batman Beyond got, for example. It doesn't look likely JLU will be released with JL in a Blu-ray series limited edition box set. Your best bet is to buy the JLU Blu-ray now while it is still easy to find for sale and at a reasonable price.

I don't have JL Season 1, but I believe it is in 1.33:1 aspect ratio, which is the full image as animated. There's a bit of a grey area with season 1 as it was animated 1.33:1, but envisioned as 1.78:1, so your definition of "correct" aspect ratio could vary.
Yes, Justice League season one was animated in 4x3. Warner chose to release it on Blu-ray in the 1.33:1 aspect ratio. Despite that, I still think it's worth it to buy the Blu-ray. It looks much better than the DVD set overall, the awful transfer for "Paradise Lost" on the DVD set was replaced with a 1080p VC-1 encoded transfer on Blu-ray, and the Dolby Digital 5.1 audio doesn't hurt either.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

what happened to Nostalgialodeon twitter user? Now it shows as twitter account doesn't exist

Bella/Big from Polly Pocket reminds me of Big Barda from DC Superhero Girls 2015, being a physically strong character who's initially antagonistic before becoming a friend to the main characters, and showing a softer side. Rhona Rees even seems to channel a voice similar to Misty Lee. I know Shea Fontana developed both shows, but still.
Asa wrote on kanc's profile.
I’m hoping the first Madagascar movie finally airs on Nickelodeon this year. They’ve only played the sequels so far.
Feels like I’m the only person who uses Opera

This song made me realize how it's rare for most projects to pair up Goofy and Daisy, yet they play well off of each other.

Featured Posts