DC Comics Animation - Physical/Digital Media News & Discussion Thread, Part 20 (Spoilers)

Hanshotfirst1138

Morphinomenal!
So were there later DVD releases of the DCAU that omitted the commentaries? How does one tell them apart? I checked out some of the old DVD versions from a local library to see what commentaries were omitted from the STAS Blus, and the commentaries were MIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So were there later DVD releases of the DCAU that omitted the commentaries? How does one tell them apart? I checked out some of the old DVD versions from a local library to see what commentaries were omitted from the STAS Blus, and the commentaries were MIA!
Later releases? You mean the STAS complete series DVD set? I think that one has all the extras.

The S:TAS blu-ray omits commentaries for "Tools of the Trade," "Brave New Metropolis," "World's Finest Part 1," "Apokolips...Now! Part 2," "New Kids in Town," and "Legacy Part 2," along with the "Apokolips...Now! Part 1" easter egg commentary and "Superman: Behind the Cape" featurette from Superman: The Animated Series - Volume Three DVD set.

the greenman

Later releases? You mean the STAS complete series DVD set? I think that one has all the extras.

The S:TAS blu-ray omits commentaries for "Tools of the Trade," "Brave New Metropolis," "World's Finest Part 1," "Apokolips...Now! Part 2," "New Kids in Town," and "Legacy Part 2," along with the "Apokolips...Now! Part 1" easter egg commentary and "Superman: Behind the Cape" featurette from Superman: The Animated Series - Volume Three DVD set.
Okay, so have they given an explanation on the reason for the omitted commentaries?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Hanshotfirst1138

Morphinomenal!
Okay, so have they given an explanation on the reason for the omitted commentaries?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

“Forget you, that’s why” would be my guess. I wish I could just download them or something :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Asa wrote on wonderfly's profile.
With the Omicron variant spreading in South Africa, do you think it's a good time to reopen the COVID-19 discussion board or are you going to keep it closed for good?
This special is worth it just to see Ben Schwartz rap about latkes.

someone once told me that the Korean language is like if the Chinese and Japanese languages melted into each other and came up with something different
The Loud House > Riverdale
It's nice to see Hal Jordan from his 2011 series on here.

Featured Posts