DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Interesting development if true. I think he's been boarding for the longest time... then directs a title and quits?

That is correct. Hmm, I wonder if Copeland did JL vs. FF considering the time frame.

I never said it was Reign. ;)

Trying to attach the file for the screenshot as proof but it's not working.

Here it is, albeit cropped a bit because of earlier today.

And a link to his LinkedIn page:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-copeland-6a55a7b

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I never said it was Reign. ;)

Trying to attach the file for the screenshot as proof but it's not working.

Here it is, albeit cropped a bit because of earlier today.

And a link to his LinkedIn page:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-copeland-6a55a7b
The attached file seems to just imply he left WBA to direct Invincible, not that he directed a DCU DTV, imo. The LinkedIn link takes you to the sign in page so I don't know what else it says.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
The attached file seems to just imply he left WBA to direct Invincible, not that he directed a DCU DTV, imo. The LinkedIn link takes you to the sign in page so I don't know what else it says.
The Linkedin page lists him as -

Director
Warner Bros. Animation
November 2017 – Present (10 months)

Storyboard Supervisor
Warner Bros. Animation
March 2016 – Present (2 years 6 months) Burbank, CA

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The Linkedin page lists him as -

Director
Warner Bros. Animation
November 2017 – Present (10 months)

Storyboard Supervisor
Warner Bros. Animation
March 2016 – Present (2 years 6 months) Burbank, CA
Thanks, RoyalRubble. Directed for 7 months November to June. Hmm. I still feel like this could be for Justice League vs. Fatal Five.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Ah, well the file should say that Sam Liu and James Tucker is mentioned.

Spider-Man

During NYCC when discussing the DC Universe app and the DC Universe movies, something was said along the lines of they will debut on the app. Does that mean they will be available on the app before a DC DTV goes digital or to Blu-ray? Was there any clarification on that?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
During NYCC when discussing the DC Universe app and the DC Universe movies, something was said along the lines of they will debut on the app. Does that mean they will be available on the app before a DC DTV goes digital or to Blu-ray? Was there any clarification on that?
Currently unknown. Hopefully there's a video recording of that panel coming up soon. My theory is that starting with Reign of the Supermen, these DTVs will also be available on the DCU app on the digital release date along with iTunes, Amazon, etc. But yeah, it could be a gimmick to get more people to subscribe by having an earlier digital release on the app...

the greenman

Currently unknown. Hopefully there's a video recording of that panel coming up soon. My theory is that starting with Reign of the Supermen, these DTVs will also be available on the DCU app on the digital release date along with iTunes, Amazon, etc. But yeah, it could be a gimmick to get more people to subscribe by having an earlier digital release on the app...
Wouldn't that cut into sales? I do think they could give a discount though.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Well, between digital sales vs. more incentive to subscribe to the service, I think the latter might be a little more enticing in the long run...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Sam Liu confirmed all the 2019 DCU DTVs finished initial recording and he's thick into post production (and production [Note: no clue if that's a 2019 or 2020 title]).

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Beginning with Reign of the Supermen in January, all future DC Universe Movie titles will now debut on the DC Universe streaming service the same day as the movies are released on physical media (Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD, etc.). Check out the complete press release at The World's Finest!

Frontier

Staff member
Beginning with Reign of the Supermen in January, all future DC Universe Movie titles will now debut on the DC Universe streaming service the same day as the movies are released on physical media (Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD, etc.).
Makes it convenient to watch for those with a DC Universe account (such as myself) :).

the greenman

But the question is, will you still buy a physical copy?
That is a very good question, actually. Personally, I try to downsize at least once a year. So, I might go with the service. . . However, I'm a sucker for special features, which are mostly on the physical media. So I think my answer is more like it depends.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Pfeiffer-Pfan

A stand-alone two part adaptation of Batman: The Long Halloween is now being teased, featuring such voices as:

• Troy Baker
  • Jensen Ackles
  • Naya Rivera
  • Titus Welliver
  • David Dastmalchian
  • Jim Pirri
  • Amy Landecker
  • Matthew Gray Gubler
  • Katee Sackhoff
  • Fred Tatasciore
They were bang on about the voices in the upcoming Harley Quinn series, so I'm inclined to believe them.

Interesting, I thought they might have given Conroy the part in this inevitable adaptation. I wonder if the critical/fan reception to BOTH The Killing Joke and Batman & Harley Quinn has WB drifting away from him slightly. B & HQ was hardly a powerhouse seller.

Frontier

Staff member
A stand-alone two part adaptation of Batman: The Long Halloween is now being teased, featuring such voices as:

• Troy Baker
  • Jensen Ackles
  • Naya Rivera
  • Titus Welliver
  • David Dastmalchian
  • Jim Pirri
  • Amy Landecker
  • Matthew Gray Gubler
  • Katee Sackhoff
  • Fred Tatasciore
They were bang on about the voices in the upcoming Harley Quinn series, so I'm inclined to believe them.

Interesting, I thought they might have given Conroy the part in this inevitable adaptation. I wonder if the critical/fan reception to BOTH The Killing Joke and Batman & Harley Quinn has WB drifting away from him slightly. B & HQ was hardly a powerhouse seller.
A two-part Long Halloween adaption with an all-star cast sounds pretty awesome :cool:.

I wonder if Timm will be directing it as an Elseworlds film...maybe if they keep it as 4 films a year, assuming the production holds up, we would have these two films and two in-continuity films for 2020 or 2021.

I wonder if both parts will be Long Halloween or if Part Two will be an adaption of Dark Victory :)?

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Apparently John K. is FINALLY finished with 'Cans Without Labels'.
I was never a big fan of Hannah Montana, but it had the best brother-sister relationship I have ever seen on TV.
I'll Be making February 2019 Nick Premieres on Tuesday or Thursday.
lots of things might be scheduled ones that include Crashletes, Double Dare (Special & S1 Finale), LSBS (S2 Finale), More Henry Danger and Cousins For Life... Knight Squad (S2 Premiere), The Loud House, SpongeBob, RainbowButterflyUnicornKitty, Sunny Day, Peppa Pig & Lots More...
SPECULATION So, I've decided the only CN originals we could see added to Boomerang this year are Dexter's Laboratory and Codename: Kids Next Door, already among the most requested shows on the platform. Everything else is on CN On Demand through the end of the year or on Hulu, and we may not see those until 2020 at the earliest. This does not include some of the lesser-known CN stuff.
RTP and SIC did reports on Popeye's 90th. Only SIC mentioned the new web series wothout even mentioning its criticism. Both didn't even mention Wimpy. Maybe he merged with Homsar because of a wrench.