DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Tucker revealed a one thing he wanted to do in a new interview with Word Balloon.

1:12:09- 22 - A storyline James Tucker wanted to adapt into a movie was the 2007-08 Legion of Superheroes story "Superman and The Legion of Superheroes" in Action Comics #858 to 863 where Superman loses powers and face an evil Justice League by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.
Considering his fondness for Superman and the Legion, this does not surprise me at all :D.

I wonder if it might've ended up an in-continuity film...I remember when I thought JLvsFF might've been an in-continuity film :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I wonder if it might've ended up an in-continuity film...I remember when I thought JLvsFF might've been an in-continuity film :p.
Probably. It might have been a similar situation when he wanted to do Death of the Family but learned Timm was doing Killing Joke so that idea got scrapped. Tucker wanted to adapt this storyline then heard Timm was doing a LoSH movie. lol. If it was in-continuity, we could have seen Phil Bourassa LoSH designs before YJ presumably. Ha.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Probably. It might have been a similar situation when he wanted to do Death of the Family but learned Timm was doing Killing Joke so that idea got scrapped. Tucker wanted to adapt this storyline then heard Timm was doing a LoSH movie. lol. If it was in-continuity, we could have seen Phil Bourassa LoSH designs before YJ presumably. Ha.
Well, silver lining, at least there won't be any overlap in character designs :p.

Mostezli

Not 4 Everyone & That's OK
May 28, 2014
Tucker revealed a one thing he wanted to do in a new interview with Word Balloon.

1:12:09- 22 - A storyline James Tucker wanted to adapt into a movie was the 2007-08 Legion of Superheroes story "Superman and The Legion of Superheroes" in Action Comics #858 to 863 where Superman loses powers and face an evil Justice League by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.
Besides the LoSH, seems like he got to check those plot points off his bucket list in JL vs Titans & Apokolips War.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Here's something amusing - Scarecrow (voiced by Dwight Schultz) will guest-star in Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo!, an upcoming DTV movie which also features Bill Nye the Science Guy and Elvira, Mistress of Darkness. While it doesn't seem to be a full Scooby/DC Comics cross-over like the recent Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold, I thought it would still be worthy of a quick mention here.

Trailer for the movie. SyFy Wire article.

Also check out the Scooby-Doo DTV movies news thread.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
Here's something amusing - Scarecrow (voiced by Dwight Schultz) will guest-star in Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo!, an upcoming DTV movie which also features Bill Nye the Science Guy and Elvira, Mistress of Darkness. While it doesn't seem to be a full Scooby/DC Comics cross-over like the recent Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold, I thought it would still be worthy of a quick mention here.

With Crane involved I expect there will at least be a cameo from Batman. Not particularly impressed with the animation. It's good in places but uneven.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Well, this is probably the biggest surprise crossover of the year o_O.

But, hey, pretty cool to see Scarecrow as the big villain in an animated feature :cool:.

This is also Dwight Schultz' third Batman villain. He was Professor Pyg in Arkham Knight and Mad Hatter in Young Justice :).

And yeah, it would be kind of weird to have one of his villains pop up without at least a Batman cameo :p.

Last edited:

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return

Is it me, or is Batman getting a ton more martial arts focus these days?
Most times his portrayals are brawler. His martial arts have come out before in the comics. I think around the time of Bane breaking him. Not sure going back too far before that. If Frank Miller had a stint he would have definitely. TDKR was a political episode. There was also the BTAS episode with the Ninja and Sensei who Bruce was trained under.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Mostezli

Not 4 Everyone & That's OK
May 28, 2014
Saw a ranking of the DCAMU movies on the DC Cinematic subreddit:
I would rate Son of Batman lower, Throne of Atlantis lower, WW Bloodlines would be in the same tier as those two, thus making Hell to Pay obviously in the proper rating in comparison to those three movies (maybe a 3.9 with the whole R-F twist),
Judas Contract would be higher (a bit better than JL vs TT), Justice League Dark is easily the best one by far (5/5),
and the more I thought about it as I watched I am in agreement that Apokolips War is better than Flashpoint Paradox because of how well they framed the end of times based on what has been established. JL War would be right behind Flashpoint Paradox.

Most times his portrayals are brawler. His martial arts have come out before in the comics. I think around the time of Bane breaking him. Not sure going back too far before that. If Frank Miller had a stint he would have definitely. TDKR was a political episode. There was also the BTAS episode with the Ninja and Sensei who Bruce was trained under.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
I mean that in reference to his own katana-wielding son born & bred within the same ninja clan that trained him, the first ever Japanese collaboration that I know of wherein the story flings the cast back to Feudalism, and crossing over with the Ninja Turtles.

-batmat-

Nov 10, 2010
Argentina
That ranking is ridiculous. Im not one to trust on this since I don't really like practically all of the movies in the continuity, but come on. Justice League War better than The Flashpoint Paradox?

Reactions: Revelator

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, we have a tie here, with "Into The Hundred Acre Wood" and "Quack Pack" getting 2 votes each. I'll be tiebreaker. I pick Quack Pack. Now we have the last matchup of round 4, which is between "Phineas And Ferb: Star Wars" and "Scooby Doo And Batman: The Brave And The Bold".

The History of Comedy Central goes back to November 15, 1989 when HBO's (Time, Inc/Time Warner's) "The Comedy Channel" launched, and on April 1, 1990, Viacom launched "HA! TV Comedy Network" The two channels would merge on April 1, 1991 to form "CTV: The Comedy Network", then on June 1, 1991 it was renamed to Comedy Central, with TimeWarner and Viacom having both a 50% share.
Great Product Placements in American Syndicated Television part 1357: A&W (however the cream soda), season 4 of Baywatch:
Apparently Mordecai has an account on Discord.
Make sure you check my channel idea, Toonverse! Go to make your own channel thread for more details!!