DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
08/05:
If they only had access to older Batman movies, I am a bit surprised they didn't go with Under the Red Hood. It would have been a nice promotion for the upcoming DC Showcase short.

Though I think one of the best line-ups they could have come up with, to air the 2 part movies back-to-back, for 2 consecutive weeks (The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 & 2 on 08/15, Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen on 08/22).

08/12: The Hollywood Reporter confirmed Batman: Soul of the Dragon for early 2021. The "Batman: Soul of the Dragon" Pre-Release News & Discussion thread is now up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
So since this is our Timm film of the year, I'm guessing the next two will be Butch Lukic....maybe The Long Halloween :confused:?
A bat heavy year could happen. Long Halloween rumor was January 2019. Butch Lukic may have already been working on Man of Tomorrow and planning his slate by that point. Hmm. The only other rumor from the past 3 years, I think, is that Watchmen rumor from 2017. And I suppose the Swamp Thing movie that comes up every now and again.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
It seems Man of Tomorrow won't make its world premiere during DC FanDome this weekend. See the new schedule. There will still be a panel for the movie, but on September 12.

(On a side-note, I am not sure if this means we'll have to wait even longer for them to announce next year's line-up of movies or if we'll still get some announcements this Saturday).

Reactions: Frontier

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
On a side-note, I am not sure if this means we'll have to wait even longer for them to announce next year's line-up of movies or if we'll still get some announcements this Saturday.
They waited a month, but another? Hmm, wonder if they're considering just announcing the slate online on their own rather than let the info inevitably leak.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Jul 24, 2007
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
I'm putting this in spoiler tags, as I think this UK Blu-Ray spine potentially spoils a 2021 movie:

I might be crazy but that looks like Wonder Woman's bracelet, suggesting that the top of the Blu-Ray spines might create an over-arching image in the future AND that we could be looking at a brand new in-continuity set of movies. A new WW movie after Batman: Soul of the Dragon? We'll just have to wait and see.

Here's a link to Amazon UK where the image can be magnified.

Dallas Kinard

Apr 13, 2013
South Central Pennsylvania
I'm putting this in spoiler tags, as I think this UK Blu-Ray spine potentially spoils a 2021 movie:

I might be crazy but that looks like Wonder Woman's bracelet, suggesting that the top of the Blu-Ray spines might create an over-arching image in the future AND that we could be looking at a brand new in-continuity set of movies. A new WW movie after Batman: Soul of the Dragon? We'll just have to wait and see.

Very interesting catch!

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY

You may be onto something!

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

I think you can also see the Lasso of Truth over Lobo's chest.

If they're starting out a new continuity with Man of Tomorrow, it would make sense to start it out with solo films for each of the Trinity. I'm kind of expecting the Long Halloween movies will be where they debut their Batman.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Superman: Man of Tomorrow will be the first chapter of a new DC Animated Universe, as confirmed by director Chris Palmer.
"The films were winding down from the previous arcs, the stories being for the past ten years for Warner Animation," Palmer told CBR. "In searching for [a way to] launch the first film [in a new universe], Superman seemed like the big character to go with."
While Palmer was able to confirm there are future stories planned starring his version of Superman, he couldn't elaborate on the details or whether additional DC superheroes will receive their own starring feature films before the next chapter in Clark Kent's life arrives, though he did say he hoped "there will be an announcement soon." In the meantime, Palmer says he hoped to make his take on the Last Son of Krypton and the hero's world brighter and more visually distinct than the previous animated movie universe that began with 2014's Justice League: War.
"This film is obviously a lighter take -- Apokolips War is pretty dark, obviously -- Superman in blue skies in a shiny, new Metropolis," Palmer continued. "Even visually, there's that feel of a new beginning, starting with a younger Clark, as well. Starting with his first year on the job rather than a well-established Superman already in the suit helps with that."
EDIT: The CBR article was edited, Man of Tomorrow isn't the start of a new shared universe.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Linus Van Pelt Day , he was first introduced on this date back in 1952!
It's interesting how today is Batman Day given how Adam West would've turned 92 if he was still alive.
Welcome to the first matchup for this Halloween edition of Media Brackets. Today, we're comparing 2 Nickelodeon Halloween specials that aired on October 13, 2017. They are the SpongeBob episode "Legends Of Bookini Bottom" and The Loud House episode "Tricked".