DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Yeah, I was only counting the movies and not the Showcase collections, the special edition combined 2 parters, re-releases, etc. Nah, "Batman: A Death in the Family" will only be in the collection like how Superman/Shazam was only in the first collection and not paired with a movie.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
Yeah, I was only counting the movies and not the Showcase collections, the special edition combined 2 parters, re-releases, etc. Nah, "Batman: A Death in the Family" will only be in the collection like how Superman/Shazam was only in the first collection and not paired with a movie.
Am I forgetting about a previously announced short that could be included along with Superman: Man of Tomorrow? Other than "Death in the Family" I thought they have all been accounted for.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Am I forgetting about a previously announced short that could be included along with Superman: Man of Tomorrow? Other than "Death in the Family" I thought they have all been accounted for.
No solid confirmation a short will or won't be paired specifically with MoT. It's only been vague up to this point, at last year's SDCC, they said shorts will accompany the 2020 movies. If that meant just Red Son and Apokolips War or Red Son, Apokolips War and MoT, idk. Details about it should be coming within the next 3 months along with next year's slate.

"Death in the Family" is exclusive to the collection. That was stated very clearly from the start a year ago.
the all-new series of shorts will be included on upcoming DC Universe Movies releases, with exception of an innovative Batman: Death in the Family long-form animated short, which will anchor a compilation set for distribution in late 2020.

Last edited:

Spider-Man

Jan 7, 2002
Does anyone think the line itself might get a bit of a reboot? The line has gone from DC Universe Animated Original Movie to DC Comics Premiere Movie back to DC Universe Animated Original Movie then DC Universe Original Movie to just DC Universe Movie. Maybe the name doesn't change but perhaps a different direction or tone?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Does anyone think the line itself might get a bit of a reboot? The line has gone from DC Universe Animated Original Movie to DC Comics Premiere Movie back to DC Universe Animated Original Movie then DC Universe Original Movie to just DC Universe Movie. Maybe the name doesn't change but perhaps a different direction or tone?
I just call them DC Animated Features :p.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
At the CW upfront, executive Rick Haskins said they're in talks with DC Animation do produce 2 more animated projects next year.

(Posting this here since the CW Seed web-series have been released as DTV movies with some extra scenes in the past).
I'm curious if they'll be more in the vein of Vixen/Ray/Constantine or Deathstroke :confused:.

Reactions: Dallas Kinard

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

For some reason I keep being reminded of this post I made on a Black Clover talkback thread: C&C - Black Clover - "The One With No Magic" [9/8]

It seems like the inspiration for Maya comes from his wife, mother, and sister.
The good news is I'm not scared anymore. The bad news is, as I have absorbed things, I am now freaking infuriated.
For nick@nite, and I thought full house was the only one skipped.., now George lopez is doing the same thing.. early Mon Jun 1 3:30am was No Free Launch, then skipped episodes to A Kiss is Just Kiss episode aired early Jun 2 at 4am. Very weird for nick@nite, obvi a sign that show won't last long