DC Comics Animation - Figures & Collectibles Talkback Thread, Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A DCAU Batman Who Laughs figure was announced today
That name sounds like a paradox almost. Guessing that a recently new character in the comics. Guess DC Collectibles is going full blast with this line of reinterpreting new characters into the Timm style.

But seems like someone at a con should ask and record Conroy doing a take on Hamill's Joker laugh then splice it with a gif of this figure or something.

iammattie

That name sounds like a paradox almost. Guessing that a recently new character in the comics. Guess DC Collectibles is going full blast with this line of reinterpreting new characters into the Timm style.

But seems like someone at a con should ask and record Conroy doing a take on Hamill's Joker laugh then splice it with a gif of this figure or something.
Yupp, he debuted during Dark Knight's Metal in 2017 I believe? It's kinda wild he's getting a BTAS style figure so quickly, but they've been pushing him hard between that event, the JL book, his own solo book, and the current Year of the Villain event seems to be using him too (I'm a month or so behind so I'm foggy on that)

Would absolutely love hearing a Conroy/Hammil hybrid voice for him

Dusty

Superman.
I miss the Mattel sized figures. Yeah the articulation and sculpting on some sucked... but it was cheaper and easier to display or collect them. Plus I feel DC Collectibles could have ran with the size and still could have included more articulation... if GI Joe and Star Wars figures could... why not 5” JLU figures?
Let’s be honest, the JL figures that came out last year were terrible in sculpt compared to DC Directs original 5” sculpts and the 9” Marquette’s... and the articulation was off compared to their BTAS and TNBA figures.
This is all still cool though, I just miss seeing DCAU figures in regular stores.

Dusty

Superman.
It’s too bad that the DC Collectible’s figures were such a let down. I thought many of them looked good in some respects but I think only Aquaman, Superman, and J’onn were pretty darn accurate. It was cool they also did a season one design of Superman as well. *Yes I know I’m the only one 18 years later. :lol::lol::lol:
but even then I still think the figures DC Direct sculpted for Mattel (by shrinking down the Maquette’s)... look much better. Plus I like the size and slightly better aesthetics (but that’s just me.)

1FF80423-BD30-4CFD-9C9D-91866D5CB127.jpeg

5D710692-E143-4665-B12D-944891AABF91.jpeg

5EC91AE3-6334-461C-B8CF-1F9E8C51B670.jpeg

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
2/14: May solicits had some advance solicits: Photos of Batman (TNBA), Catwoman (BTAS), Batman Who Laughs, and Vampire Batman figures slated for October release and a Harley Quinn Designer Series Mini Statue designed by Bruce Timm and sculpted by Jonathan Matthews releases in October for $95. Limited to 5000 and stands 7.57" tall. Also a Catwoman (BTAS) based on Artgerm's rendition in October.

2/21: Paul Harding posted a shot of the Flashpoint Batman figure.

2/24: Paul Harding posted a shot of Vampire Batman, Talon, Flashpoint Batman, and Batman Who Laughs.

Looks like the Thomas Wayne Batman is set for Spring 2021.

In total, the official first look figure reveals at Toy Fair were
-Talon (Release: ?)
-Thomas Wayne Batman (Release: Spring 2021)
-(TNBA) Batgirl (Release: TBD)
-Tim Drake Robin (Release: TBD)
-Christmas With The Joker metallic variant (Release: ?)

Already unveiled/past releases
-The Batman Who Laughs, Batman, Robin, Harley Quinn, The Joker, Catwoman, Azrael, Red Hood, Riddler, Supergirl, TDKR Batman, Penguin, Poison Ivy, Nightwing

3/12: A red suit variant of Azrael will release at some point. Jim Fletcher hints at Superman figures.

3/13: The metallic variant of the Christmas with the Joker figure is set for November (scroll to bottom).

4/2: Paul Harding posted early color shots of Red Hood and Azrael before articulation.

4/15: Mondo will start selling some 18x24 posters based on episodes "Dreams in Darkness" and "Harley's Holiday" ranging from $45 and 65 delays, expected to ship in May and a Catwoman figure tomorrow.

Last edited:

JAG2045

Anyone here a fan of the DCAU busts from Diamond Select?

They have made quite a lot of them from Batman TAS/Batman Beyond/Superman TAS and Justice League

Batman Animated Series

Heroes
  • Batman
  • Batman (Logo Version SDCC)
  • Batman (Black & White SDCC)
  • Robin
  • Batgirl
  • Batman (Dark Knight Returns)
  • Batman (Dark Knight Returns Muddy Version SDCC)
  • Robin (Dark Knight Returns)

Villains
  • Bane
  • Catwoman
  • Catwoman (Black & White SDCC)
  • Clayface
  • Harley Quinn
  • Harley Quinn (Black & White NYCC)
  • Harley Quinn Harlequinade
  • Harley Quinn 25th Anniversary
  • Joker
  • Joker (Black & White SDCC)
  • Joker (Laughing Fish - Entertainment Earth)
  • Killer Croc
  • Mad Hatter
  • Man Bat
  • Mr. Freeze
  • Penguin
  • Phantasm
  • Phantasm (Unmasked)
  • Poison Ivy
  • Ras Al Ghul
  • Riddler
  • Scarecrow
  • Two Face
Batman Beyond

Heroes
  • Batman Beyond (SDCC)
  • Batman Beyond Unmasked (SDCC)
  • Batman Beyond (Version 2)
  • Bruce Wayne

Superman

Heroes
  • Superman
  • Superman Clark Kent (SDCC)
  • Supergirl

Villains
  • Brainiac
  • Darkseid
  • Lex Luthor

Justice League

Heroes
  • Aquaman
  • Flash SDCC
  • Flash SDCC (Speed Force version)
  • Green Arrow
  • Green Lantern
  • Hawkgirl
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Shazam
  • Wonder Woman

Villains
  • Doomsday

Beware the Batman
  • Deathstroke

JAG2045

I've been eyeing a few like B:TAS Two-Face and Beware Deathstroke, but money's an issue again due to recent events.

Ah nice, I have Two-Face and hes definitely a cool statue. Deathstroke looks nice but I prefer the DCAU designs, shame they couldnt have done the bust based on his upcoming appearance in the Adventure Continues comic

If you see Two-Face for a good price I would definitely recommend getting him as a few of the busts seem to have completely gone and go for crazy secondary market prices (Mr Freeze, Phantasm & Riddler for example) while some like Robin and Poison Ivy can be found for quite cheap still

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
5/28: Did anybody get the Red Hood and/or Azarel DC Collectible/Batman: The Adventures Continue figures this week or did it get delayed?

EDIT: ShopDC says they are expected to ship on June 27.

6/24: While I've seen on Twitter some people getting Azrael in the mail after pre-ordering online, it doesn't have the Paul Dini bio as advertised.

Also UCS has Azrael, Red Hood, BTAS Batman, and Harley listed for August 4/5 November 30.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
8/5: Idk, the dates on this line keep changing and when people ask DC Direct on their Facebook, they say they basically have no clue and won't give anything definitive dates. I guess the only sure place are sites like Big Bad Toy Store?

8/10: Amid today's DC layoffs, DC Collectibles might also be on the chopping block.

8/14: Jim Lee basically says the line will continue but licensed out to other companies rather than produced in-house.

8/28: McFarlane Toys is doing a Cyborg figure from Teen Titans. Pre-order to start in September.

9/11: UCS is saying Red Hood and Azrael are now slated for November 3.

Last edited:

JAG2045

For anyone still after some of the harder to find Batman: TAS busts the following are now avaliable to pre-oder on BBTS:

• Phantasm
  • Penguin
  • Mr Freeze
  • Scarecrow
  • Clayface
  • Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts