DC Comics Animation - Figures & Collectibles Talkback Thread, Part 13

Latest News & Videos

Jiggle-Bot

May 26, 2005
This is awesome, I’m super pumped and Personally, I’m so happy they went with Superman’s facial redesign from the promos and first season (yes, I’m the only one, lol.) But while head sculpt is good, I do think it’s just a tad too skinny and his neck needs to be fixed, then maybe the head just needs some work with the eyes, Bats looks good except his torso is a bit too small. WW’s abdomen is too crunched in/short.
GL and Flash’s heads just need fixing period. I’d say MM just needs his eyes painted with a bit more black around them, (and his skin color is still a bit off otherwise he’s really close to the character design sheet.)
HG, and Aquaman look pretty spot on though. I’ll get these for sure, but I still love the original 5” JL figures DC Direct sculpted for Mattel back in 2001... except HG, the 4 3/4 inch one’s

Kallum.
Agree, the models are all a bit off in some areas. Shame as I thought this was going to be high quality show accurate models to upgrade my Mattels. Looks like Mattel's 4 inch and 10 inch toys are more on point but with less QC.

Turned from a must buy to a fence straddler aka hawkgirl's comment to supes in Twilight =p

Dusty

Superman.
Nov 15, 2003
Metropolis, Earth,
kal-dusty.deviantart.com
Agree, the models are all a bit off in some areas. Shame as I thought this was going to be high quality show accurate models to upgrade my Mattels. Looks like Mattel's 4 inch and 10 inch toys are more on point but with less QC.

Turned from a must buy to a fence straddler aka hawkgirl's comment to supes in Twilight =p
Me too, AQ and Batman are def. the most accurate Aquaman’s entire sculpt and Batman’s head sculpt puts Mattel’s to shame IMO though.

Here are my main gripes and solutions...
*First things first, the emblems of all of them SHOULD NOT have been raised, only etched/sculpted into not onto the figure.

Superman Needs = just slightly more square and wider Head Sculpt, longer cape, his abdomen needs to be slightly thinner, and his neck actually must end and shoulders begin, (like this...
upload_2018-7-23_3-39-10.jpeg
)
Flash Needs = Head Scuplt adjusted (top of head and lightning ear bolts.) They need to be re-sculpted more accurately. His body is perfect but his head is terrible.

Green Lantern Needs = Tons of work, like a more accurate larger Head Sculpt, his arms need adjusting and his feet are too tiny.

Wonder Woman Needs = She just needs her abdomen/waist lengthened.

Hawkgirl = Head sculpt looks good but her hawk ears just need to be slightly less rounded, her waist needs to be a tad thicker, feet need to be bigger, and a few more proportions adjusted.

Batman = Belt recolored slightly, but major issue is his torso is far too small.

Aquaman = looks good, maybe give a bit more of a neck.

J’onn = almost perfect except for shade of green skin and eyes need more black around them.

***Why didn’t DCC just do what they did when they sculpted the figures for Mattel back in 2001, and just base them off the Marquette’s? :?

*EDIT: this image makes most of them look much better, maybe the promotional images just suck?
http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/07/SDCC-2018-DC-Collectibles-Figures-001.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/07/SDCC-2018-DC-Collectibles-Figures-003.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/07/SDCC-2018-DC-Collectibles-Figures-004.jpg

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/07/SDCC-2018-DC-Collectibles-Figures-002.jpg

Kallum.

Last edited:

dmxx116

Jul 21, 2007
New York City
Where can I find the DC Collectibles Gotham Villains five pack without sending a arm and leg to buy it, If anyone knows I can get it around $ 200 or less.

Reactions: 1 person

DarkAngel

Lord Vader
May 1, 2001
Ohio
Visit site
Is this thread only for figures/toys related to the animated series? I have a question about the DC Icons Batman figure, and I'm not sure where to post it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
9/17: From December solicits:

Two-Face, Gray Ghost, H.A.R.D.A.C., Scarecrow set for May 2019 release.

Batman Black & White: Batgirl statue based on art of Bruce Timm and sculpted by Jack Matthews. Only 5000. 6.99" tall and set for May 2019 release for $80.

9/28: Sideshow released a teaser of villains. The Batman one comes out between July-September 2019 but it's for collectors only at a $475 price tag.

Reactions: 1 person

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Last edited:

dmxx116

Jul 21, 2007
New York City
Man I'm disappointed in the reveals I hoping for new reveals from TNBA, Superman:TAS, Batman Beyond and Justice League/Unlimited get it together Jim Fletcher and DC Collectibles do your job what we pay you to do.

Last edited:

dmxx116

Jul 21, 2007
New York City
If you want all eight Justice League action figures without getting the DC Service they having a sell right now:

Reactions: Yojimbo

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Info on SDCC '19 panel
DC Collectibles Limited-edition statues, action figures, designer vinyls—DC Collectibles has them all and more! The DC Collectibles crew will talk about what's coming up from the maker of iconic collectibles and celebrate the fan-favorite Batman Black & White line and its 100th figure in the series.
Thursday July 18, 2019 10:00am - 11:00am Room 9

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.