DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It's nice to finally see Dick, and him and Babs getting along so well :).
A bit too well. lol.

But at least in this preview, one question is answered. Hill had two sons and this was the older son, Junior, who was comforting his mother. In the comics, he was Deputy Mayor to Mayor Akins in Detective Comics around 2018-ish.

Last edited:

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Seeing as we have to wait for the new B:TAC ''Season Two'' thread to be published, I may as well put this here for now.

I was just charged £3.19 ($4.52) for a chopped up, 10 page DIGITAL comic. Frankly, that's even too expensive for a complete digital issue. In the UK, we can buy two full physical comics for under £3.00. Who's charging these prices, DC or Comixology?

The release schedule for this thing is also sloppy and unprofessional. Dates gets changed at last minute. Solicitations are never properly updated. One day they want to release it in split chapters, the next it's the full issue, then back again.

Look, I want to support this comic, but I've just cancelled my digital subscription. This was the first comic I ever bought digitally and will no doubt be the last.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
In an interview from this past Monday, J.M. DeMatteis spoke briefly about Justice League Infinity (1:01:50-1:05:47). He confirmed the main 7 appear, other characters you don't expect to see, there's new characters, very packed with characters, continuing threads from JLU i.e. certain relationships carrying on, set "maybe a couple years later". Additionally, at 1:00:35-1:00:40, he hints "The Return" feeds directly into the story.

Frontier

Staff member
In an interview from this past Monday, J.M. DeMatteis spoke briefly about Justice League Infinity (1:01:50-1:05:47). He confirmed the main 7 appear, other characters you don't expect to see, there's new characters, very packed with characters, continuing threads from JLU i.e. certain relationships carrying on, set "maybe a couple years later". Additionally, at 1:00:35-1:00:40, he hints "The Return" feeds directly into the story.
Sounds like everything you could want from a continuation :).

Frontier

Staff member
DC Comics has released September solicitation details for Batman: The Adventures Continue, Justice League Infinity, and the new animated Harley Quinn mini-series. Head over to WF for the details!
I wonder if that cover with a flashback to the Wayne deaths will tie-in to the Court of Owls at all...

DCAU going Multiversity :p.

That HQ cover is perfect :p.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
DC Comics has released September solicitation details for Batman: The Adventures Continue, Justice League Infinity, and the new animated Harley Quinn mini-series. Head over to WF for the details!

So I guess the Batgirl/Huntress story is a single-issue then. Interesting to see Montoya again after being basically a cameo for most of the book. I'm wondering if the Gray Ghost-themed cover will tie in to the story at all.

More multiverse fun! Kind of neat that we'll be seeing a more "traditional" Hawkman, plus Calvin Ellis.

I like the art style for the Harley Quinn series. Looks like Livewire might have a bigger role than usual.

Also, Devil Ray, who was invented for Justice League Unlimited to substitute for Black Manta, will be brought into the mainstream comics for BM's mini-series in September.

These are the titles DC needs More of.

We could certainly use more DC animation comics. I still think DC should've done at least a six-issue mini series to promote Young Justice Outsiders instead of a one-shot. They could still do something for Phantoms, at least.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Calvin Ellis! Interesting. And looks like Nubia and Ion, too!

Hmm, Gray Ghost. Wonder if that ties into the story. But a Renee Montoya story is welcomed.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
During an interview, around 36:44 to 47:20, James Tucker talks a little about Justice League Infinity - he was first called about it well into the home quarantine of the pandemic, he wasn't sure about doing it at first - is it right to do it without McDuffie and Timm, what would the show have done, he recommended bringing in DeMatteis, DeMatteis did/does the lion's share of the writing, he describes his duties more like what he did as a producer on JLU - a consultant suggesting ideas, talking about the threads left hanging, this is how this can tie in, tweaking a line - rather than as a co-writer, watching JL vs. Fatal Five helped convince him to agree to do the comic, a bit of the paranoia from the pandemic translated into the comic.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
During an interview, around 36:44 to 47:20, James Tucker talks a little about Justice League Infinity - he was first called about it well into the home quarantine of the pandemic, he wasn't sure about doing it at first - is it right to do it without McDuffie and Timm, what would the show have done, he recommended bringing in DeMatteis, DeMatteis did/does the lion's share of the writing, he describes his duties more like what he did as a producer on JLU - a consultant suggesting ideas, talking about the threads left hanging, this is how this can tie in, tweaking a line - rather than as a co-writer, watching JL vs. Fatal Five helped convince him to agree to do the comic, a bit of the paranoia from the pandemic translated into the comic.
Sounds interesting! And nice way to channel dealing with the pandemic :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts