DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Which issues of the Young Justice tie-in comic are collected in the new trade paperback?
Book Two collects #14 to 25 and the Outsiders digital comic. (Book One collected #0 to 13 and the FCBD issue)

It is the second time the Outsiders digital comic has seen print. The previous time was a convention print issue I think.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So I take it's a relatively immediate follow up from the series finale :).
5/20: Perhaps, probably something like couple months later like some of the season premieres did. For cities to be rebuilt, heroes to recover, to recruit new heroes, for the civil war on Apokolips to seemingly reach a stalemene for them to come up with a new challenge... the basics. :p

5/25: DCSHG and TTG! are crossing over in a graphic novel, too, called "Exchange Students". Amazon says December 14.
Starfire has always wanted to be better friends with her sister, who mostly comes to Earth to cause trouble instead of enjoying the sisterly bonding. But this time, Blackfire's not even in the same Earth dimension! The Teen Titans will have to go undercover in a strange new version of Metropolis...one where the heroes have secret identities!

Meanwhile, the DC Super Hero Girls have all been assigned exchange students to show around school. They'd really rather battle the new super-villain in town, but hiding their super-activities from the rather strange new people staying in their homes is proving difficult.

Surely that's all a coincidence.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The latest issues of Batman: The Adventures Continue – Season Two and Justice League Infinity, along with a trade paperback set, are slated for release later this Summer, as announced in DC Comics’ August 2021 comic solicitations. Check out the details at WF!
JLI #2: Overman aka Nazi Superman made me eye roll. It would have been cool if they had Ultraman in as a wink to the Worlds Collide script. I am intrigued by this 'mirror room' - doesn't ring any bells unless it's made up for the story or it's something obscure only James Tucker remembers, heh.

BTAC #3: lol at the logline trying to be mysterious but the cover giving it away the vigilante is Huntress. I suppose they're going to shoehorn Jazzman as a part of Steven Mandragora's faction that took part in the Bertinelli coup and this is the first meeting between Huntress and the Batfamily as most of the 'first meetings' with the JLU recruits were never detailed, those stories are open territory.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Not sure what to think about the Infinity story. I definitely wasn't expecting Overman.

I'm intrigued by the Adventures Continue issue. Just like the Christmas story, it doesn't seem to tie in to the toyline. Also, I'm assuming this season is full of team-ups. Deadman and Zatanna are supposed to appear in the first storyline and now Huntress in this one.

Frontier

Staff member
BTAC #3: lol at the logline trying to be mysterious but the cover giving it away the vigilante is Huntress. I suppose they're going to shoehorn Jazzman as a part of Steven Mandragora's faction that took part in the Bertinelli coup and this is the first meeting between Huntress and the Batfamily as most of the 'first meetings' with the JLU recruits were never detailed, those stories are open territory.
This kind of reminds me of Huntress' "first" DCAU appearance in an issue of Batman and Robin Adventures :p.

Frontier

Staff member
Ok... I'll take your word for it. Shrug.
From issue #19:
EU2UJMJX0AYD-jI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
From issue #19:
Erm. Maybe I spoke too soon, I think I did read some of it. Isn't this the one where she was an adult already when her parents were murdered but by the end of the issue, everything was resolved and she retired as Huntress?

But yeah, I'm sticking to my theory. I'll be impressed if Mandragora is at least mentioned or connected. From JLU, we know she basically joined the League on the condition she no longer try to kill him but she later broke that promise and was ousted. So like 1980s-ish, the Bertenellis are murdered/Helena-a young girl-is hidden in a closet. Late 80s/Early 90s, Gordon busts Jazzman. What this issue could fill in, Jazzman is one of Mandragora's cronies involved in the coup. So between '80 and '90, say Jazzman tried to strike out on his own in Gotham by setting up a drug dealing empire but Gordon busted him then 6 years later "I Am The Night" then this comic is like 6 or 7, giver or take, years later and I guess he escapes again, early parole for good behavior, overcrowding, what have you. And well, Batgirl doesn't want to let that slide and at the same time, Huntress has just arrived/maybe been around a bit and wants Jazzman even more and attempts to kill him. A few years later, Batman recruits her to the JLU with the deal.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts