DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
8/14: Hmm, so looks like they had to bring in another artist to help Templeton meet the deadline.

8/15: Mark Morales posted a teaser of a BTAC page he's inking.

8/19: Ty Templeton posted a wip of Batman interrogating someone.

8/21: Logline and page for Issue #6 Chapter 2 is up. Releases September 10.
Years ago, Jason Todd's rampage against the criminal underbelly of Gotham led him face-to-face with The Joker and through that conflict, Batman was never the same again!

8/26: Insight Editions will publish a hardcover book titled Batman: The Animated Series - The Phantom Creative Collection in partnership with Phantom's Justin Erickson. It will showcase recent Batman: The Animated Series-inspired art released by Mondo. It is set to release on September 15, 2020 for $60. Paul Dini contributed an introduction.

9/9: Comixology pulled another 'delayed to Friday' for BTAC #6 Chapter 2 but who knows if it'll stick or will still come out Thursday...

David Nakayama posted his RE cover for BTAC #5.

9/10: BTAC #7 Chapter 1 slated for September 24. Becky Cloonan listed as cover artist.
The Joker turns to a familiar face as he looks to take down the Red Hood. Can Batman track down his former partner before the Clown Prince of Crime strikes, or is this just what Jason wants?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
9/17: James let me know that comixology sent him an email letting him know BTAC #7 Chapter 1 is releasing in the next 10 days, yet the release date says October 1...so yeah, the shenanigans continue...

9/20: Monica Kubina tweeted she spent Batman Day coloring BTAC #7.

9/25: Mel Milton did an RE cover for BTAC #5.

9/28: The page for the last issue is up and set for October 15.

9/29: Peach Momoko's RE covers for BTAC #4 and BTAC #5.

10/14: One last teaser from Monica Kubina, a Red Hood panel from BTAC #7 chapter 2.

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Surprise! DC Comics is extending Batman: The Adventures Continue for at least one more month - again! Issue #8 hits comic shop shelves in January 2021! Get all the details, and much more, at The World's Finest!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
10/16: Another issue? <eye roll> Sigh, the mini-series is a mixed bag for me but implicitly sales must have been great for DC to add a 7th then an 8th issue. And, obviously Joker is the uninvited guest.

10/27: RE Cover and title-less version for BTAC #6. This was done by Olivia De Beradinis for Frankie's Comics and Golden Apple Comics. Sales start October 31 at 2 pm EDT. Options start at $20. And Sideshow Collectibles will have a limited edition print.

11/7: Back on November 3, Ty Templeton commented he was still drawing BTAC #8.

11/20: BTAC trade paperback comes out in June for $16.99.

11/26: Monica Kubina mentioned she's working on BTAC #8, it's 30 pages, and she'll post something in the next few days.

12/3: Monica Kubina posted a teaser of Arkham for BTAC #8.

12/4: Kubina posted an Ivy teaser for BTAC #8. Also in a comments section reply, she also thinks but isn't sure, December 17 but definitely not next week.

12/8: And both DC and Comixology shows #8 is split into 3 chapters and they all release on December 17.

-Chapter 15
The holidays are here and Harley is in full-on cheer mode! After permission from Poison Ivy, Harley sets up a party and invites all the villains in Gotham for one night of Christmas cheer. But one villain didn’t get the invite and wants to put an end to Harley’s unholy night. Can Batman infiltrate the festivities and save the villains or will this be the end of crime in Gotham?!

-Chapter 16
Harley’s holiday gift exchange is in full swing, but one of the gifts is a bit…incendiary. Batman needs to pull some holiday hi-jinks and keep the treacherous present away from its recipient otherwise the party’s going to blow sky high!

-Chapter 17
It’s a race through Gotham as Batman and Robin chase down the gift and its recipient. Can Batman get a hold on the villain and save the New Year’s celebration or will this new year be over before it even starts?!

12/14: #16 moved a day to December 18 and #17 to December 24.

12/16: #17 moved to December 31.

12/17: Dini posted an uncolored teaser of the party.

12/23: UCS has the physical issue of BTAC #8 now set for January 26.

1/5: BTAC trade paperback showed up Amazon with a June 1 release date and $19.99 msrp. So the LCS date is likely June 2.

Last edited:

Spider-Man

Neat, and Krypto the Superdog, too. Pity, the Outsiders digital comic wasn't included in the YJ one.
Since DC is known for releasing incorrect details for their upcoming collections I'm hoping that's the case here. It really should be collected in print somewhere especially for those who live outside the U.S. and don't have DC Universe.

Spider-Man

Did anybody pick up the Justice League Unlimited: Time after Time graphic novel? The last issue in the collection was missing the text on the first page. Pretty sloppy for DC.
I'm still waiting on getting a copy of the Batman Adventures: Robin GN, but I did grab this one and it had the same mistake. DC's collection department has been really slipping up as late and the reshuffle is really impacting the quality of their books.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I left comics behind a few years ago... but between 'Batman: The Adventures Continue', 'Batman 89' and now this, DC sure is drawing me right back in.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm wondering if it might bridge the gap between season 2 or season 3? Or at least introduce stuff they plan to use in season 3 :).
2/20: All I care is that a producer or both then we go from there. ;) Perhaps. More so if it's a time skip and they can use the comic to create clearer context.

2/27: Just noticed on Amazon, the Batman: The Adventures Continue TPB now is titled "Batman: The Adventures Continue Season One". Sigh. @James Harvey you jinxed it!

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts