DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
5/15: Excellent to hear there will be a 7th issue. I wonder how far along Dini and Burnett are in writing. Or perhaps it will be an extended epilogue issue or just a one off of an idea they discarded initially...

I'm going to guess that Deathstroke and Sunny steals some of Mad Hatter's mind control tech and uses it on Batgirl and Robin so Batman's forced to fight them, too.

5/20: BTAC digital issues starting this week release on Thursdays.

Digital preorder for Issue #3 Chapter 1 and its logline differs from the CBR solicit
Deathstroke and Robin face down Firefly, but can the two stand the heat after the firebug gets the upperhand? And who's hired Deathstroke to take down the Dark Knight?
So fair to say the logline in the solicit could be for digital chapter 2. Cue iammattie to scream it's Hush. :p
Deathstroke makes his move against the Dark Knight, but he's not just going to strike at him physically—he's going to try to destroy him completely by using the rest of the Bat-Family against him!

5/22: So at least Peach Momoko did a retailer exclusive variant cover for BTAC #2. This is is for Frankie's Comics and releases June 30.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm holding onto that theory that SOMEONE is Hush right now, though James and Ted are also thinking I'm a bit off lol.
5/23: Well, I mean, anyone with deep pockets and an axe to grind with Batman could be considered a suspect and that line goes on and on around many corners... whether it's one of the new characters like Hush or a pre-existing one like Penguin is anyone's guess. Or you could argue it can't be the Court of Owls because they could just send Talon but devil's advocate, they could have hired Deathstroke, perhaps even through an intermediary and many shell companies, to preserve their anonymity from even Batman's notice, all in preparation for a major operation of theirs that requires at least sidelining him.

5/26: Here's Dan Hipp's cover for BTAC #3 if anyone missed it back on the 15th.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Preorder/logline up for BTAC #3 Chapter 2.
Deathstroke enacts his final plan to kill the Dark Knight, luring him away from the rest of the Bat-Family. Can Batgirl and Robin deduce Deathstroke plans, or will Gotham have a new, more brutal, protector?!
Looks to be teasing Azrael? But since the toy is the blue and orange suit... what a twist if that's Slade in there and not Jean.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
DC Comics has provided details on its October 2020 shipping titles, including details for Batman: The Adventures Continue #5! Check it out at The World's Finest!

Red Hood has arrived!
Definitely seems like we're getting some variant of Jason's comic history...the secret 2nd Robin that nobody ever knew about because it didn't end well :eek:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
7/21: Page and logline for Issue #5 Chapter 1. It releases on July 30.
Batman is hot on the trail of the man who's been watching him for months, and he can't believe who it is. Meanwhile, someone launches an assault on the clown prince of crime, the Joker!

7/31: Page and logline for Issue #5 Chapter 2. It releases on August 13.
The secret history of Batman's second Robin revealed at long last!

There will be a new printing of a Young Justice trade paperback collecting Issue #14-25 for $25, out May 2021.

8/6: Ty Templeton posted a panel wip of Batman and Leslie.

As well as prelim Red Hood art.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I should develop my Darwin the Merman character more lol
A lot of the international VAs playing Masako Nozawa's roles in the Dragon Ball franchise passed away prematurely and I am afraid that Ward Perry (the voice of Turles) also met such fate. What do you think?
It's been 11 years since that abysmal Prince Takes Knight episode premiered. It is not only the worst episode of Power Rangers Megaforce but it is the worst episode in the entire Power Rangers franchise bc of Gia's leadership skills. Gia wasn't a good leader bc she stinks at it!
My 20 year anniversary on this site is in 10 days, wow.
Added the Geometry Dash profile into my signature. Like the others I have presence, it has its signature colors.

Featured Posts