DC Comics Animation - Physical/Digital Media News & Discussion Thread, Part 20 (Spoilers)

iammattie

Alright, quick question Is WB's Actual Test to see if Teen Titans Season 6 is worth doing?
And is TTG vs TT a test to see if a Cotinuation (DTV Movie) is worth doing?
I don't think it's healthy to fixate on every single piece of merch as a test for the next thing. Nobody has any way of knowing what could or couldn't be the match that sparks a revival. It's just probably better to just accept that they made a fun movie that momentarily brought back the 03 crew, and that they're finally making the show available in HD. The fact of the matter is if #JLReunion is so low on their radar, there's next to no way that WB is planning anything more with Titans 03. I highly doubt anybody in the WB offices have even had a discussion about what goal posts certain things would need to hit in order to green light another season, and any talks about revivals (whether it be this, JLReunion, or Batman Beyond Season 4) has more to do with if the merchandise just happens to break their expected profit margins it MIGHT signal to WB that bringing them back would be a good idea.

Cartoonfan13

I don't think it's healthy to fixate on every single piece of merch as a test for the next thing. Nobody has any way of knowing what could or couldn't be the match that sparks a revival. It's just probably better to just accept that they made a fun movie that momentarily brought back the 03 crew, and that they're finally making the show available in HD. The fact of the matter is if #JLReunion is so low on their radar, there's next to no way that WB is planning anything more with Titans 03. I highly doubt anybody in the WB offices have even had a discussion about what goal posts certain things would need to hit in order to green light another season, and any talks about revivals (whether it be this, JLReunion, or Batman Beyond Season 4) has more to do with if the merchandise just happens to break their expected profit margins it MIGHT signal to WB that bringing them back would be a good idea.
You're right it isn't healthy to do so. And you're also right in that we don't know what could be the match to spark a revival unless we either work at WB or have any deep insiders there.
I'm disappointed but not surprised that #JLReunion is so low on their radar, for a few reasons, they have a new parent company, merged with AT&T, have a New CEO, are launching HBO Max, and a couple of Exceutives are likely leaving.

On the other hand, I find it really dumb that likely nobody in the WB offices besides maybe Sam Register are having any Discussions about what goals certain things would need to hit to green light or have any talks of a revival. You'd figure after the critical and fan Successes of such revivals as Samurai Jack Season 5,the Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life , Invader Zim Specials, Ducktales reboot and Young Justice: Outsiders that it would be obvious that doing those revivals would be a good idea.

Last edited:

Jon T

Friendless Spidey
Although unlikely, it would be nice if Warner Archive revisited the Blu-ray release of Teen Titans season one to put the episodes in their intended (production) order.

This was the case on the original DVD release of the first season, and it's pretty clear when watching the series that "Divide and Conquer" is meant to be the first episode of the season, and not the third episode.

It's only a minor criticism though, as I'm grateful the series is gaining a complete widescreen Blu-ray at all.

Dallas Kinard

Although unlikely, it would be nice if Warner Archive revisited the Blu-ray release of Teen Titans season one to put the episodes in their intended (production) order.

This was the case on the original DVD release of the first season, and it's pretty clear when watching the series that "Divide and Conquer" is meant to be the first episode of the season, and not the third episode.

It's only a minor criticism though, as I'm grateful the series is gaining a complete widescreen Blu-ray at all.
I have a document with the episodes listed in chronological order using simplified production numbers. I do that for every series to ensure I always watch the show in the correct order.

Dusty

Superman.
Surprised to read the 11 that couldn't be remastered were “Eyewitness,” “Final Cut,” “The Last Resort,” “Armory,” “Sneak Peek,” “The Eggbaby,” “Zeta,” “Plague,” “April Moon,” “Sentries of the Lost Cosmos” and “Speak No Evil.” I thought it'd be some of the early season 1 episodes.
Come again... WB “couldn’t” remaster those you listed? They were all colored and rendered digitally weren’t they? So removing interlacing and pixelation shouldn’t have been an issue. Do they look terrible like the DVDs then? ‍*facepalm
71AC8D1E-F32E-4FBB-9C5A-98E7883006FC.png

So we essentially have STAS and Static Shock (Zeta too, but highly unlikely) but the other 2 hopefully get blu-ray releases?
I’m actually surprised WB didn’t/hasn’t released Static in Blu in the past 10 years.... since “BLM” and “diversity“ were/are such big topics.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Come again... WB “couldn’t” remaster those you listed? They were all colored and rendered digitally weren’t they? So removing interlacing and pixelation shouldn’t have been an issue. Do they look terrible like the DVDs then? ‍*facepalm
No, they're Blu-ray quality, imo. I don't have any insider info on the exact specifics of the problem. Smart rezz is between a DVD and Blu-ray quality. Definitely better than the DVD version. I guess a way to put it is if you put a standard Blu-ray in a Upconvert to 4K Blu-ray player.

I’m actually surprised WB didn’t/hasn’t released Static in Blu in the past 10 years.... since “BLM” and “diversity“ were/are such big topics.
Yeah, I don't think it would be prudent to go at it from that angle since the rules have become strict about at this forum, overall. All I will say about Static and Zeta Project is that they just released them on DVD. I don't think they're going to jump to doing Blu-ray so soon - like for financial reasons that would be a snake eating itself. I'm just glad those two are completely done and fully released on DVD. That's a victory in itself.

In terms of the next Blu-ray releases, I can see The Batman in 2020. S:TAS and LoSH in 2021. I'm curious when they'd do Justice League Action. I don't see them doing a complete series for Teen Titans Go! until it finally ends of course.

Parker-Shepherd

Apologies for going off topic but just wanted to post a friendly reminder...yesterday was the 18th anniversary when Justice League first aired on Cartoon Network!

Anyone know if the entire Justice League or JLU series was ever released on DVD?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Apologies for going off topic but just wanted to post a friendly reminder...yesterday was the 18th anniversary when Justice League first aired on Cartoon Network!

Anyone know if the entire Justice League or JLU series was ever released on DVD?
Yes. Back in November 2010. It was called Justice League The Complete Series and collected the entire JL and JLU series in a DVD collection. James Harvey has a page about it on World's Finest. Amazon still has a few copies left.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts