DC Comics Animation - Blu-ray/DVD/Digital News & Discussion Thread, Part 20 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If they have any sense, such a release would be tied into the release of the next live action Batman movie.
Batman will always sell so I don't think they have to tie it into a live action movie or an anniversary. Besides, there's a worst case scenario where movie date delays will continue into 2022 and it will be hard to time merch tie-ins.

Spider-Man

Has there been any word on any more DC DVDs coming before the end of the year? There was a Harley Quin Blu-ray I remember that was supposed to come but was pushed. Is there anything else? Seems like a quiet end of the year for DC.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Has there been any word on any more DC DVDs coming before the end of the year? There was a Harley Quin Blu-ray I remember that was supposed to come but was pushed. Is there anything else? Seems like a quiet end of the year for DC.
No, currently there are no more DC DVD/Blu-ray/4k releases planned for this year.

It is looking like the Harley Quinn Season 1-2 Blu-ray will release early next year. Usually, Warner Archive sends an email previewing their releases for the next month on the second to last Wednesday of the month. They recently posted a December preview on their Tumblr and Harley Quinn isn't mentioned at all unless the email will have more titles in it.

Also oddly absent this month are the Part 1 DVD set releases for Teen Titans Go! Season 6 and DC Super Hero Girls Season 1. There's more than enough episodes out to release them.

Dallas Kinard

I recently brought up the lack of Batman: Unlimited content to my WB source and they acted as if it's just not a priority at this point and that I'd be "the first to know" if they end up continuing them. I'm still waiting on the third one to get a physical copy in HD!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

New page on the RegularCapital Audiovisual Wiki: WBTV (The Warner Channel) Almost Launched In The UK In 1996. WBTV (The Warner Channel) Almost Launched In The UK
2 people from the 2015 DC Superhero Girls worked on Hello Kitty projects. Shaene Siders (who wrote on season 5) is the showrunner for the Hello Kitty youtube show. Jennifer Coyle (a producer & director) is co-directing a live action/animation hybrid.

It looks like San Diego Comic Con will once again be virtual, with the event being held from July 23-25. They hopefully plan to have large, in person conventions in 2022, but it seems like a smaller venue will be held in November. In addition, Wonder Con will be virtual again, and be held from March 26-27.

About Butch Hartman's debacle s an artist recently, the dude is so much better than this. At least it's not something like being accused of something like Sexual harassment but, yeah disappointing to say the least.
I'll have to wait for the home release of the Tom and Jerry movie to watch it, but from what I've seen I like the Kayla character's relationship with Tom. It was nice to see a character befriend him before Jerry for once.

Featured Posts