DC Comics Animation - Blu-ray/DVD/Digital News & Discussion Thread, Part 19 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-batmat-

37.jpg

Bringing back the topic a bit for this shot I've complained before, I figured I would check out the original storyboard art and... wow! All the detail was *AT LEAST, ORIGINALLY* intended to be there. I have little doubt that they saw the finished material and didn't like it, and darkened it to what's in the final version. But this is very interesting!

ichorskeeter

I figured as much. Also, it seems like the original had some kind of yellow backlighting that added an extra glow to the lights, if that makes sense. Maybe that's why the original had a yellow tint.

Cel animation is so mysterious to me!

-batmat-

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-06 a la(s) 10.09.33.png

Another one I've noticed is how the lightning sequence is less bright and more grayish in the blu ray version.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
There will be a panel at New York Comic-Con for the B:TAS Deluxe Limited Edition Blu-Ray Box Set on Friday, October 5th.
October 05, 2018, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Main Stage 1D – Javits Center
As the most acclaimed super hero animated television series in history, Batman: The Animated Series has captured the imaginations of generations with its innovative designs, perfect voices and landmark approach to characters and stories. In late 2018, fans will finally be able to enjoy a remastered Blu-ray release from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Join many of the key forces behind Batman: The Animated Series for a celebration of the series, an extended look at the newly-remastered footage, and additional details about this monumental Blu-ray box set. Join many of the key individuals behind the creation of this beloved series – including Kevin Conroy, the fan-favorite voice of Batman; Tara Strong, voice of Barbara Gordon/Batgirl; Loren Lester, voice of Robin; Diane Pershing, voice of Poison Ivy; and producers Bruce Timm and Eric Radomski – for a revealing panel discussion … and maybe a few unique prizes. Batman: The Complete Animated Series Deluxe Limited Edition will be available from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on October 30, 2018.

-batmat-

Looks very promising! Seems like they got rid of a lot of the dust and artifacts and Im not sure how to feel about that, it kinda gave the show part of its feel, but wow... it sure looks HD now... never thought Id see the day!

Kirben

What do you think are the chances of Warner Archive releasing Justice League Action on Blu-ray at this stage? I was hoping there would be news by now.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What do you think are the chances of Warner Archive releasing Justice League Action on Blu-ray at this stage? I was hoping there would be news by now.
They could announce it at NYCC and release it this fall, but I'd guess a 2019 release since they seem to be on an annual pattern of a season set and movie when it comes to Blu. They already had 2 Blu-ray releases this year, Teen Titans season 1 and Sub-Zero, and 2 DVD releases, Static. Whereas, last year, I think it was 5 - 3 DVD releases, Zeta and two Static, and The Brave and The Bold season 3 and Mask of the Phantasm on Blu.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The cover art for the regular edition release of Batman: The Complete Animated Series Blu-ray set will hit November 27, 2018. Package artwork is below.

I like that much better. Will the set be cheaper?

Also why does it say it's rated PG when the series was TV-Y7? Are they rating the entire set based on Mask of The Phantasm?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I like that much better. Will the set be cheaper?

Also why does it say it's rated PG when the series was TV-Y7? Are they rating the entire set based on Mask of The Phantasm?
The rating on the back packaging is for Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. The regular edition is priced at $89.95, which means it will likely be available for lower at some retail outlets. Minor additional details are up at The World's Finest.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The rating on the back packaging is for Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. The regular edition is priced at $89.95, which means it will likely be available for lower at some retail outlets. Minor additional details are up at The World's Finest.
That is a much more reasonable price. That being said, as long as Batman and Robin: The Lost episode is not on the set, I don't actually need to double dip. My DVD sets will suffice. Thanks, James!

Kirben

Can anyone confirm whether the recent DVD release of Teen Titans: The Complete Series is in widescreen? or did Warner Bros. re-use the older cropped masters?

Spider-Man

Can anyone confirm whether the recent DVD release of Teen Titans: The Complete Series is in widescreen? or did Warner Bros. re-use the older cropped masters?
I read this was just a repackage of the previous releases so I assume the same transfers. I wonder when Warner Archive is going to release season two of the show to Blu-ray. If there was an answer there then I'd consider maybe getting this DVD collection instead. Hoping to see reviews for the BTAS Bluray set soon.

Kirben

I read this was just a repackage of the previous releases so I assume the same transfers.
The disc count for the DVD release of Teen Titans: The Complete Series is different, so not just a repackage this time.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced it will increase the run of the Batman: The Complete Animated Series – Deluxe Limited Edition Blu-ray release to 70,000 to meet demand. Complete details are up at The World's Finest. Also attached are four images from the set highlighting the remaster. Check out one below and hit the news post for the rest!

t-03.jpg

JonnyModlin

When are they going to start taking pre-orders for Batman: The Complete Animated Series Regular Edition on Blu Ray for retailers of WBSHOP, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Target since it's coming November 27, 2018? When will Superman: The Animated Series get released on Blu Ray, Batman Beyond get released on Blu Ray, Static Shock get released on Blu Ray, Zeta Project get released on Blu Ray?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
When are they going to start taking pre-orders for Batman: The Complete Animated Series Regular Edition on Blu Ray for retailers of WBSHOP, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Target since it's coming November 27, 2018? When will Superman: The Animated Series get released on Blu Ray, Batman Beyond get released on Blu Ray, Static Shock get released on Blu Ray, Zeta Project get released on Blu Ray?
This. I have no need for the Deluxe Edition at all. If and when I want to buy toys and books, I'll actually buy toys and books.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
When are they going to start taking pre-orders for Batman: The Complete Animated Series Regular Edition on Blu Ray for retailers of WBSHOP, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Target since it's coming November 27, 2018?
To be determined. Otherwise, it will be posted by someone on this thread when it's known.

When will Superman: The Animated Series get released on Blu Ray, Batman Beyond get released on Blu Ray, Static Shock get released on Blu Ray, Zeta Project get released on Blu Ray?
That's an answer that's probably dependent on sales of the BTAS Blu-ray. Static and Zeta just got its series released on DVD through Warner Archive. I doubt they would be on Blu-ray anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts