DC Comics Animation - Blu-ray/DVD/Digital News & Discussion Thread, Part 19 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas Kinard

MOD EDIT: (I tweeted SuperPRGuy)

upload_2017-12-31_10-55-17.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Is it just me or is it kinda pricey? <pets wallet> It's okay, buddy, this is what we've been preparing for...

This is also probably the worst cover of the three so far, hahahaha.
The prices on these Warner Archive DVDs usually start high then dip a bit closer to release. You can either wait or Amazon has their low-price guarantee but that's gambling on a decent drop before the release date.

Dusty

Superman.
Great Scott! This is awesome, but this bums me out as whenever a new show is announced or released I have no money until the next month or two. I am so behind I still need to buy:
1.) Batman The Brave and The Bold Season 3 Blu.
2.) Zeta Project Season 2 DVD.
3.) Scooby Doo/Batman Brave and The Bold iTunes.
4.) Teen Titans Season 1 Blu.
5.) Justice League Season Two Blu.
6.) JLU Series Blu.

All I truly want from WB is The New Batman Adventures, Superman The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, The Batman, and Legion of Superheroes on BD. Sure I’m super grateful to get Static at all, but I feel they could offer BD at a higher price and sell just as many copies as DVD.

Kallum.

Dallas Kinard

Whoa wait, WB included a special feature to a MOD?... is this bizarro world? lol ;)

Kallum.

Interesting. This makes me wonder why "Twilight" wasn't included as well to tie in with "A League Of Their Own" since most fans seem to agree that the Brainiac piece in Static is a result of it's Asteroid exploding in JL. Still cool though for those who never made the connection between TNSA and SS.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interesting. This makes me wonder why "Twilight" wasn't included as well to tie in with "A League Of Their Own" since most fans seem to agree that the Brainiac piece in Static is a result of it's Asteroid exploding in JL. Still cool though for those who never made the connection between TNSA and SS.
Darcy Mason needs more explanation than an A lister, imo.

I wonder if they'll include The Once and Future Thing Part 2 in the season 4 release to tie into Batman Beyond.

[
My guess is late March. Either way, this confirms the last DVD release we need to complete the DCAU on home video! What a time to be alive!
Right? That was my initial reason for joining this site in the first place, to post about that. Without the fans showing their support (and possible mob mentality...heh heh...) there's no way it would have happened, so congrats to everyone who was involved in making this happen!

Spider-Man

Does anyone think there is a possible chance that with Teen Titans getting on Blu-ray that The Batman might be next. I'd like to see The Batman Versus Dracula on Blu-ray too along with Trouble in Tokyo.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Does anyone think there is a possible chance that with Teen Titans getting on Blu-ray that The Batman might be next. I'd like to see The Batman Versus Dracula on Blu-ray too along with Trouble in Tokyo.
I can see them starting Blurays of The Batman in 2020 or 2021 if they're doing 2 Teen Titans a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts