DC Comics Animation - Blu-ray/DVD/Digital News & Discussion Thread, Part 19 (Spoilers)

Latest News

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,675 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Teen Titans Go! Be My Valentine is the second holiday themed release. It releases January 9, 2018 with an SRP $14.97. It has 11 episodes: The Date, Be Mine, Terra-ized, Opposites, Matched, Love Monsters, Rocks and Water, How 'bout Some Effort, Hand Zombie, BBRAE Part 1, and BBRAE Part 2

The Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman vs. Two-Face will be re-released in a 2 film collection on February 13 in DVD only so far with an SRP $19.98

And if you're thinking it, yes, I agree, they should swap those release dates with each other.

Feb 27, 2017
Ratings
If Batman: The Animated Series on Blu Ray sells well, will they release DC animated shows of Superman: the animated series on blu ray, batman beyond on blu ray? waiting for batman and mr. freeze: sub-zero to be released on blu ray and static shock seasons 3 and 4 on dvd.

Aug 30, 2016
Ratings
If Batman: The Animated Series on Blu Ray sells well, will they release DC animated shows of Superman: the animated series on blu ray, batman beyond on blu ray? waiting for batman and mr. freeze: sub-zero to be released on blu ray and static shock seasons 3 and 4 on dvd.
Supposedly the rest of Static Shock is coming next year.
I'm actually surprised we got Mystery Of the Batwoman on Blu Ray before Subzero AND Mask Of the Phantasm.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,675 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Well, imo, they have at least 5 releases on the docket in 2018 like they did this year. There was The Zeta Project Season 2, Batman: The Brave and The Bold Season 3, Static Shock Season 1 and 2, and Mask of the Phantasm. Stands to reason they probably have Teen Titans Season 1 and 2, Static Shock Season 3 and 4, and Sub-Zero on the docket.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Ratings
1,462 4
Lackawanna, NY
With more and more direct-to-video titles debuting as digital releases ahead of their release on Blu-ray and/or DVD, should we start counting the digital release as the official release date? If we don't then are we behind the times and in denial?

Just asking.

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,233 3
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
With more and more direct-to-video titles debuting as digital releases ahead of their release on Blu-ray and/or DVD, should we start counting the digital release as the official release date? If we don't then are we behind the times and in denial?
Talkbacks here have been launched by official digital release dates when applicable for the last year or so.