DC Comics Animation - Blu-ray/DVD/Digital News & Discussion Thread, Part 19 (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Dallas Kinard

Apr 13, 2013
Ratings
122 4
South Central Pennsylvania
Easily the best news of NYCC 2017. I am a tad concerned why this was announced before Subzero, which I believe they stated in July that they were "looking at". My main questions are will this include Batman and Robin and The New Batman Adventures? Does anyone know what episodes used the Batman and Robin opening?

Firefly

I'm Back!
Jun 2, 2001
Ratings
Georgia
www.teleboards.com
This is literally the best news I've heard all day. Definitely double dipping since my DVD copies are looking at little rough after 13 years.

I would really, really love some new commentary tracks. I was bummed we didn't get any new ones on the complete box set when they released it.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,883 41
My main questions are will this include Batman and Robin and The New Batman Adventures? Does anyone know what episodes used the Batman and Robin opening?
It should, since most official listings count all three titles as the same show.
I wouldn't know for sure, but the eps labeled Batman and Robin are episodes 66 through 85.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Feb 21, 2003
Ratings
743 6
Arlington, VA
So far as Sub-Zero goes, considering that the BTAS Blu-ray set is due roughly a year from now toward the end of 2018, odds aren't bad that it gets Phantasm treatment before the series comes out. Can't imagine it won't be on Blu-ray one way or another, it'd make no sense for it to be the only media related to this not in HD.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,765 7
Framingham, MA
Gotham Girls was produced after The New Batman Adventures, not after Batman: The Animated Series.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Same show. They should still include it. That's the point of Special features.

Gotham Girls popped up on the Birds Of Prey DVD awhile back but I'd like to have all of my BTAS in one place.

Dallas Kinard

Apr 13, 2013
Ratings
122 4
South Central Pennsylvania
It should, since most official listings count all three titles as the same show.
I wouldn't know for sure, but the eps labeled Batman and Robin are episodes 66 through 85.
On the DVDs, the following episodes contain the Batman and Robin Opening (I consider it a sequel series, like JLU is to JL.).

01 Time Out Of Joint
02 Bane
03 Baby-Doll
04 Riddler's Reform
05 Second Chance
06 Harley's Holiday
07 Lock-Up
08 Make 'Em Laugh
09 Deep Freeze
10 Batgirl Returns

I am very curious if these were the only episodes that used that opening during original broadcast, or they were just used on the DVDs.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,765 7
Framingham, MA
They were used on the original broadcasts on Fox Kids when the show was moved from weekday afternoons to Saturday Mornings. There was also a SECOND Batman and Robin opening (using the Elfman Theme and images from the series) that was later used for weekday reruns and has still never been released on DVD. If they include it, even as a special feature, I'll be tempted to buy it. Gotham Girls will be equally tempting. But the real thing that would get me to double-dip is The Lost Episode. That's the only sure thing.

iammattie

Aug 11, 2012
Ratings
Georgia
Amazing news... what a treat for the fans!

Do we know what Alan Burnett is talking about here? That we can read 'The Gun' script that was never used as a special feature on one of the DVD's?

@9:55
It's been a few months, so my memory is hazy, but on the BTAS podcast he mentioned this as well, I think later Randy Rogel expanded (maybe it was someone's else) that one of them had the only copy of the script and WB asked for it to use as a bonus feature, made copies, and returned it to him. It ultimately wasn't used but essentially it followed the point of view of the gun that killed the Wayne's from the material being mined up to it ending up in "jack Napier's" collection.

I'm not sure why Allen is still so adamant it's on the DVDs. I've scoured every disc of my box set and have found zero evidence of it there's (unless it's a hidden Easter egg?). Perhaps someone has a bit of a bad memory

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,765 7
Framingham, MA
If TNBA is not included I'd be shocked. It was considered the same show and WHV released it that way too on DVD (it was Volume Four). And you're right that they don't need to include Gotham Girls. They don't actually need to include ANY special features whatsoever. Doesn't mean I wish they didn't.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Happy 20th birthday to PPG. Even in the good times and the bad times, you're still a show worth watching.
Holy smokes! Churned out 15 freaking pages of the latest Gilda and Meek today! I am in the freaking zone and so happy with how things are going in the final issue I will be posting on Toon Zone.
Asa
Happy 90th birthday to Mickey, 20th birthday to PPG, and 30th birthday to LBT & O&C.
Happy 20th Birthday to the one, the only... THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCA1cifF4fY
Happy 35th anniversary to A Christmas Story, happy 20th anniversary to PPG, and happy 90th birthday to Mickey Mouse!