DC Comics Animation - Blu-ray/DVD/Digital News & Discussion Thread, Part 19 (Spoilers)

Latest News

Dec 3, 2001
Ratings
San Francisco
Visit site
Just pre-ordered MotP from Amazon!

Worth every penny and then some to me...can't wait to see it again in Blu-Ray.

Sad that there looks to be no extras or a commentary, but has anyone heard anything about the sound?

Still hoping for an upgrade to 5.1 surround :), but I know it's not very likely :( .

Jon

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,233 3
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
In short, Warner Archive's Blu-ray release of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm looks and sounds fantastic. It's not perfect, as some shots don't look as strong as others, but overall this film has never looked better. The audio mix is pretty amazing, as well. Expect a full review on The World's Finest very soon.

The Blu-ray talkback will be posted up tomorrow.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
Ratings
844 4
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
For all UK/Ireland fans, HMV will be releasing a complete 25th anniversary collection of B:TAS on October 30th (£40):

While the American sets are region free (excluding volume one)... this is the first time Vol. 3 & 4 has been made ''offically'' available on DVD in the UK/Ireland.

Batman: The Animated Series, Series 1-4 (HMV)

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Feb 21, 2003
Ratings
753 6
Arlington, VA
This just broke at the Batman TAS 25th anniversary panel at NY Comic Con. There are no details yet but "Super PR Guy" Gary Mieranu said it. Official written affirmation here:

[media]

Oh my God. This was the moonshot I dreamed about above everything else.