DC Animation Blu-ray/DVD News & Discussion Thread, Part 18 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they think Batman TV shows make good money, what with BtB coming out on Blu. This gives me more hope for a Young Justice Blu-ray. You'd think that with BtB going on indefinite hiatus and the comic being cancelled, it'd be the last show you'd see on BD.

Riddler

I guess they think Batman TV shows make good money, what with BtB coming out on Blu.

I wonder if there has been any consideration about a blu-ray release for B:TAS, given the recent and upcoming releases of these other Batman shows. Plus it being the 75th anniversary of Batman and all... it's a good opportunity for lots of Batman releases.

I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who would love a remastered blu-ray set for BTAS.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I wonder if there has been any consideration about a blu-ray release for B:TAS, given the recent and upcoming releases of these other Batman shows. Plus it being the 75th anniversary of Batman and all... it's a good opportunity for lots of Batman releases.

I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who would love a remastered blu-ray set for BTAS.

I don't know about that. Bruce Timm has stated that he wouldn't like to see B:TAS remastered, in case it took away from it's oldschool magic. He definitely has a point.

The show has the potential to look really messy on blu with the cel dirt, etc.

Kirben

Hopefully Teen Titans Go will be released on Blu-Ray too, along with any other future series. As I'm tired of only having the choice of DVD, when buying these series.

It would be good to see all the later DC animation (Justice League onwards) which were produced for HD, released on Blu-Ray in the future.

-batmat-

I don't know about that. Bruce Timm has stated that he wouldn't like to see B:TAS remastered, in case it took away from it's oldschool magic. He definitely has a point.

The show has the potential to look really messy on blu with the cel dirt, etc.

Old movies have been remastered and not lost it's old school feel.... I'd sure leave all the cel dirt, it gives that old movie feeling, but the colors and the grain surely can be fixed into a great old school looking Blu-ray.

Why leave it in doubt when they can try to see if it works? Maybe they did and it didn't work.... oh man, I hope that didn't happend, it would be a nightmare!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is repackaging the Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Season One, Part One and Batman: The Brave and The Bold - Season One, Part Two DVD titles into a new single collection. The four-disc Batman: The Brave and The Bold - The Complete First Season DVD set is slated to hit shelves on May 20th, 2014. Details are available at The World's Finest.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Wow... WB are really getting their moneys worth out of this season, aren't they?

Thankfully, with the Blu-ray, most of us will have no need for this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riddler

What exactly is the point of this set? I mean... who's going to buy it? I imagine most people who want the series already own the others sets that have been released or the blu ray set.

Now if they had added some special features it might have been more interesting to me...

the greenman

What exactly is the point of this set? I mean... who's going to buy it? I imagine most people who want the series already own the others sets that have been released or the blu ray set.

Now if they had added some special features it might have been more interesting to me...

I agree, this makes absolutely no sense. This is a bad double-dip. With Dietrich as Batman again and them pushing this series again, why don't they just give it a DTV or a JLI series. Obviously it had to be a success.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Consider the following
-Release date is May 20, the same as the wide release for JLA Adventures Trapped in Time. Perhaps they want to capitalize
-May I believe is the 75th anniversary for Batman, so this could be the first of many Batman reissue DVDs to captialize

But if anything needs a do-over with a complete season one DVD set, it's Young Justice. But in the same vein, I'd also want to see if Warner Archive is going to give it the Blu-Ray treatment like The Brave and The Bold.

NBM05

Consider the following
-Release date is May 20, the same as the wide release for JLA Adventures Trapped in Time. Perhaps they want to capitalize
-May I believe is the 75th anniversary for Batman, so this could be the first of many Batman reissue DVDs to captialize

But if anything needs a do-over with a complete season one DVD set, it's Young Justice. But in the same vein, I'd also want to see if Warner Archive is going to give it the Blu-Ray treatment like The Brave and The Bold.

I would absolutely buy YJ and GL complete season/complete series Blu-Rays. I have the DVDs already, but wouldn't hesitate to rebuy them on Blu-Ray. I wouldn't double dip for every show, but those two I would. The animation on both is great and is designed for high def; GL especially I think would look amazing on Blu-Ray.

I actually just ordered the Beware the Batman and The Brave and the Bold Blu-Rays. I was just about to order BtB on DVD when I saw on this forum that a Blu-Ray was coming, so I ordered that right away instead; I think it will look much better on Blu-Ray and was disappointed when only DVD was announced at first. I hadn't ever picked up any of The Brave and the Bold--it wasn't a show I loved as much as YJ or GL and I didn't like the small number of episodes per release on DVD--but when I saw in this thread that there was a complete first season Blu-Ray, that finally sealed the deal for me and I ordered that too. I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun watching it.

So in that respect, thanks to the people on this forum for spreading the news on these releases. I guess I missed The Brave and the Bold Blu-Ray when it was first announced, but was glad to hear about it now.

MichChrisIp

Oh yeah, the pre-order is up on amazon for Green Lantern: TAS!! I'm looking so much forward to finally seeing it when the blu-ray comes!! FINALLY!!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
A representative for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has been teasing news of an upcoming Blu-ray for the past few days, and it looks like Amazon may have just spoiled the reveal. I imagine an official announcement for Green Lantern: The Complete Animated Series is forthcoming soon.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yes, bestest news evers. Can't to watch this baby with good 'ol Blu-Ray and HDTV.

Riddler

YES!!!! I've been waiting for GL:TAS on blu ray. Instant purchase for sure!!!

Shadow_X

Gotham's Shadow
Hi!

Great news!! I love GL: TAS and I was hoping for this news after the announcement and release of BtBatB on bluray.

Now I'm hoping for a YJ bluray release :D

Later...

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Nice. With Beware the Batman and GL TAS hitting Blu-ray within just a few months of each other, I've got to think it's a matter of time before Young Justice gets its turn. It's got its fans and performed as well as anything on DC Nation after all.

Heck, I wonder if the shorts will see the light of day in time, the way things are going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts