David DePatie dead at 91

the greenman

I was debating with myself where exactly to put this, but settled. The famed producer of the original Pink Panther series of shorts. He also was a pretty big producer in general.

He actually passed away September 23rd, but news was just released today.

Read the following article:

RIP good sir!

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I kind of wondered if they'd mention the Marvel Productions stuff, and thought they might not. There's so many from this list of productions that were some of the first cartoons I viewed and followed, and probably shaped a lot of my current tastes. It's only been in more recent years that I even started realizing that the same DePatie I'd see credited on Pink Panther and Friends shorts, or the Lorax special I just watched with my nephew, was the same one I'd see on something like Spider-Man or G.I. Joe. I've revisited a lot of these in the past year as well and it's made for some pretty fun viewing as always. Anyway, he lived a very long life and I'll imagine it was a journey well traveled. R.I.P.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

stephane dumas

And along with Fritz Freleng, they did the Mission Impossible cartoon spoof The Houndcats, the 1970 animated adaptation of Doctor Dolittle.

The last special they did was the first animated adaptation of Dennis the Menace titled Mayday for Mother as one of the rare Mother's Day specials.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm currently watching Alex Bale's video about Goofy Goober, and it definitely goes into strange places, but it's quite interesting to watch.
I'm currently watching the livestream for DC Kids Fandome on YouTube. Batwheels comes out next year, and apparently, Batman: Caped Crusader and My Adventures With Superman come out in 2023. There's also a scene from DC Superhero Girls 2019 of Diana asking Barbara to not be friends with Harleen, and we see the Joker. Hopefully, there's an article that talks more about this.

The winner of this matchup is Mickey's Tale Of Two Witches, which got 4 votes. The Book Of Life got 3 votes. Now we move to round 4, the final round. The matchup is between Scooby Doo On Zombie Island and Mickey's Tale Of Two Witche

Featured Posts