"Darkwing Duck" (Disney+ Reboot) News & Discussion Thread

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I had a feeling Francisco Angones might've been involved given what happened on DuckTales. Still, this is interesting.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Are we sure this is a series? Is Disney+ calling them in to tone down what these guys are used to making to fit that Duck universe?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly I would still hope even if this is on Disney+ to still have some small bits of connection or crossover elements with Ducktales 2017. Like a nod every so often or a crossover special but honestly so long as the same cast is used as "Let's Get Dangerous" and it builds off of that episode I'm all for this show. Since yeah it was obvious the team wanted that episode to be groundwork for a NEW Darkwing Duck show and honestly I'm fine with it being on Disney+. That will likely allow it to be a bit more risque or at very least not have to go through the amount of moralizing and fillers you'd expect on regular Disney itself, especially with the talent they got for it. If we're also talking about what we'd want to see in this new show again as set up in "Let's get Dangerous" Darkwing, Launchpad and Goslayn as a team of crime fighters and honestly since we already got most of DW's classic villains in that episode I think the focus should be on new ones. In fact that'd be a good first episode: Darkwing and Launchpad are stumped when new villains come to town with different MOs and devices/powers then the ones from the old show so they don't know how to fight them and thus have to learn how to fight new kinds of crime the original DW didn't go through. Also the overarching first arc should have something to do with Jim Starling/Negaduck of this world trying to wipe out the new Darkwing Duck and going further and further insane. But yeah still glad it's happening hope we find out more news sooner then later.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I would assume that it is. The timing between that special episode and this announcement seems too short for it to be just a different universe. It's still early in development, so we might not get any solid answers regardless anytime soon, but it would be really weird for it to be not using the setup from that episode for its own series.

colomb

By the time this premieres Ducktales could be 5 years old. Perhaps they thought a fresh start rather than a spinoff of a Disney XD show was in their best interest.

On the other hand the folks at Ducktalks confess that they have known a Darkwing reboot has been in the works over a year, and they presumed it would be a spinoff.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts