Dan vs. - "The Family Thanksgiving" - Talkback [11/19]

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone

Today @ 8:00 PM ET on The Hub
What I believe to be the best show on The Hub makes its triumphant return tonight. I'm not sure when season two will premiere in full, as this is a special, but I hope that it isn't too much longer after this.

Dan prepares his deviled eggs to share with Elise's family, who have invited him to their Thanksgiving dinner.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Nnneeeewww ssseeeaaasssooonnn!

I, too, can't wait for the new season - this show really has yet to disappoint me, and I hope that trend can continue for a long time.

Even if this is just a special, i'm reserving time to watch it and see how things go from here...

army128

I've been watching some episodes of Dan Vs., and so far I'm intrigued. I've never celebrated Thanksgiving before. To my family, it's just another day of the year. Anyone know how many S2 episodes are there?

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Can't say I'm looking forward to seeing Elise's parents again, they're easily my least favorite characters on this show (but then, I've never liked the "in-laws from hell" trope), but a new episode is always welcome.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
Like Dan would say FINALLY!!! I'm actually intrigued with this episode since i follow the facebook fan page there where some pics of Dan and the rest of the gang but there's a new character that might be Elise's brother, curious to see if it's true since we never heard Elise mentions his brother.

Infusions

Showers in Spokane
Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about seeing another episode where Elise's Parents are the targets, but I can understand why they do it. They want a lot of family-based events (Probably poking fun at their own lives) but don't really want to use Dan's family, maybe to keep the comedic mystery of his allegdy terrible childhood.

(Personally, I would LOVE to see some of Dan's family, it might give Dan some embarrassed moments, which is a rarity for him)

Still, I wish they would space out the Elise Parents episodes a bit more so they didn't feel so cumbersome.

mordecai321

I liked it. It was funny. Season 2 is 18 episodes and I think this was just a special because the Dan Vs. Facebook says Season 2 is coming January 2012.

army128

I liked it. It was funny. Season 2 is 18 episodes and I think this was just a special because the Dan Vs. Facebook says Season 2 is coming January 2012.
January 2012? I can't wait that long. :(

Anyways, this episode did not disappoint me in the least humor-wise, it has everything I wanted from Dan Vs.. I like the interactions between Dan and Elise's parents. I apologize if I miss something as I didn't watch all the episodes yet, but I never really seen Dan being happy (not menacingly happy) and treated with love and kindness like a son before. Too bad that was all a ploy by the parents just to get an egg recipe, and Dan just has to solve everything with destruction. Oh man Dan's evil voice really cracks me up. Never knew Mr. Mumbles was a girl despite the name.

DeadJohNNyAngel

Cool Jerk
This was fantastic! I nearly lost it When Mr. Mumbles crawled up Chris's shirt in an angry fury. lol

They really have outdone themselves though I felt so bad for Dan seeing as how he was really happy at the thought of being accepted as part of the family. I like Elise's parents a bit less because that was just rotten.

Still this was a memorable and astoundingly funny holiday special. Truly amongst the best they've done. :)

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
I think this may have been the best episode yet. Also, did anybody else feel like they were hinting that Dan and Elise are related? They mentioned the grandmother thing several times. I don't have the exact quotes on me and it's 4:30 in the morning, but it seemed as if they were implying it at the very least.

GatorMan92

Milk...Cereal...Combine.. .
Interesting to see that I wasn't the only one who got the idea that Dan and Elise may be related. As for the episode itself, this one would definitely be in my Top 5, mainly because the lines had to have been the funniest I've heard in a while from the show. Quick question: who was the guy that voiced Elise's brother?

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
They really have outdone themselves though I felt so bad for Dan seeing as how he was really happy at the thought of being accepted as part of the family. I like Elise's parents a bit less because that was just rotten.

I too felt for Dan because he seemed genuinely happy when he believed that Elise's parents had accepted him, and then how crushed he was when he found out the truth. Still, it's odd how no one seems to feel sorry for poor Chris and how Elise's parents and her brother still despise him and never show him even a ounce of respect. I hope that we see won't Elise's parents for a while after this episode, as they are truly unlikable characters, even more so than Dan, who at least has some vulnerability to him, despite his being dangerously obsessive and borderline psychotic.

DeadJohNNyAngel

Cool Jerk
Still, it's odd how no one seems to feel sorry for poor Chris and how Elise's parents and her brother still despise him and never show him even a ounce of respect. I hope that we see won't Elise's parents for a while after this episode, as they are truly unlikable characters, even more so than Dan, who at least has some vulnerability to him, despite his being dangerously obsessive and borderline psychotic.

I did feel pretty bad for Chris, as they were all complete jerks to him except for Elise and Dan just being his usual self. Elise's in laws may be well played characters but are portrayed as being really cruddy. At the very least Dan leveled the playing field by burning their house regardless of whether he truly meant to in the end.
:D

Azrayel

This episode was great, I really cracked up during the fight at night. I like Ellise's brother I feel like he's a good addition to the family.

Never knew Mr. Mumbles was a girl despite the name.
Yeah they confirmed iton the Dan vs. Dan episode.

TheGunheart

Darkness and Disgrace
It was actually slightly earlier than that. When sneaking into the museum in Vs. Art, the hobo he recruited pointed out that Mr. Mumbles is a girl, to which Dan asks, rather disgusted, "under what circumstances did you learn that?" I'm actually surprised that one got past the censors, not that Dan Vs. ever seemed to care.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA!
Regarding getting things past the radar and still looking smart/witty/charming doing it, Dan Vs. has done a good job so far.

Sorry the wait for the real beginning is so long, though.

This ep. was okay IMHO. I agree with Elise's parents being cruel as all get out. Chris deserved none of it, either. I'm kinda glad Dan burnt down their house - even though it was an accident...

For someone who's a jerk, you can't help but side with someone like Dan (not be like, though, unless forced to). And boy, did I ide with him at the end here.

Dudley

Staff member
I really enjoyed this episode. For once I found everyone's jerk-ish behavior funny. I don't feel bad for Elise's family's house getting burned down. I mean seriously, they took advantage of Dan's trust, and didn't expect him to overreact? That was stupid on their part.

MetroSparkster

...has nothing to say.
Watched this online during Thanksgiving.

Loved how much Dan wanted to burn Elise's parents' house down, and he actually does it just as he faints after being conflicted by his feelings.

This time he had a good reason to get back at them.

And I feel sorry for Chris. Elise's parents really hate the guy.

Doguineta

The Huntsman said:
I think this may have been the best episode yet. Also, did anybody else feel like they were hinting that Dan and Elise are related? They mentioned the grandmother thing several times. I don't have the exact quotes on me and it's 4:30 in the morning, but it seemed as if they were implying it at the very least.

I thought that too. Elise Sr. mentions how her mother took the recipe to the grave and scenes later Dan mentions how he stole the recipe from his grandmother's grave.

Maybe Elise Sr. has a brother/sister, who is Dan's father/mother...

PS: Sorry for the bump, but finished seeing the episode for the first time and wanted to comment.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
That would be really shocking, Elise might freak a bit but she did spend alot of time with Dan that she does like his company around, wonder how Chris will react if Elise and Dan are related.....no wait, how about Elise's parents? Now those guys will freak out XD.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Hi, I've been looking for Polish dubbed episodes of Summer Camp Island for two years now, and I have this request, do you have any recorded episodes in Polish? If so, please send them to me by email.
So I found this random image for the original Chicken Squad books, and wow. It's really good to see the show giving the titular squad more diverse designs.

I love you, Law & Order: Organized Crime. That is all.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when the Legend of Zelda's Oracle Duology was released in North America.
Happy birthday to George Lucas, the Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.

Featured Posts