Current cartoons that will be forgotten

Freav

BeakFreav
Here's a few awesome current cartoons that will be forgotten,

Clone High - The show was amazing/funny with epic comedy/awesome hilarious characters, loved Principal Scudworth in his funny antics, a shame it didn't had another season.

Phineas and Ferb - I'll so miss it, the show was amazing/funny with best scenes with Phineas/Ferb and friends and Perry/Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

Dan Vs. - Sucks it got cancelled:(, the underrated show was awesome/funny with great dark comedy and Dan/Chris's enjoyable crazy revenge adventures, and cool it had monsters and a dinosaur in it.

The 7D - The show was great/enjoyable with great comedy, loved the Glooms Hildy & Grim who stole the show though, I'll miss it.

Monsters Vs. Aliens: The Series - A shame it got cancelled, it was the best awesome enjoyable CGI movie-based comedy series ever.

Axe Cop - It was awesome/funny with great comedy, Axe Cop and his friends and the supervillains were awesome characters, I'll miss it:(.

Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero - The show was great/decent with great comedy/action, amazing detailed animation/character designs, loved the awesome enjoyable villains like Rippen, the Evil Chinchilla, Professor Evil Professor, and Count Destructo(his major role will come), I hope season 2 comes.

Pig Goat Banana Cricket - It was great/funny with sweet bizarre animation/character designs and great comedy.
I really doubt that Phineas & Ferb will be forgotten.
Dan Vs. and Penn Zero are so good, but I agree.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Penn Zero, Future Worm and Pickle & Peanut- No one talks about this these shows since they are not very memorable and pander to the lowest common denominator.
I don't watch Penn Zero, but I have seen people talk about it. Never heard anyone say anything about it pandering. Yes, it's not as popular as some other shows, and yeah, it might not be as remembered, but I don't see how it's in the same league as Future Worm and Pickle and Peanut.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I don't watch Penn Zero, but I have seen people talk about it. Never heard anyone say anything about it pandering. Yes, it's not as popular as some other shows, and yeah, it might not be as remembered, but I don't see how it's in the same league as Future Worm and Pickle and Peanut.

It isn't on Pickle And Peanut's level of stupid and ugly, that's for sure... Still an easy to bash show and it ain't hard to see why, neither - same with Future-Worm. I'm one of the few people who can defend those 3 examples, but it's not easy to do so, either. 2017 looks more promising with these examples getting replaced with better material, as it is. THAT, I have nothing but complete confidence in.

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
As much as I loved it, Dan Vs. isn't going to be remembered especially when compared to it's network kin.

Which ironically still means it will be remembered more than if it were a straight adult oriented show

Freav

BeakFreav
I was gonna defend Penn Zero saying that I don't believe it "panders to the worst common denominator". But I realized I kinda did this in the same thread some months ago.

Back on topic, pretty much all of these canadians cartoons that look similar to each other will be forgotten.

5YearsOnEastCoast

I fear that almost all of episodic cartoons from the past 5 years will be forgotten (save for few like We Bare Bears and Loud House). From slice of life (like Harvey Beaks, Craig of the Creek and Summer Camp Island) to wacky comedies (like Pig Goat Banana Cricket, Pickle and Peanut and Billy Dilley), they wouldn't be remembered as much as a lot of other serialized cartoons from those past 5 years that came out. Those cartoons premiered when people started to show a lot more interest to serialized than episodic cartoons. And they would fade out of people's minds, save for their dedicated fans.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Spacething7474

Modern Fairly OddParents’ strongest soldier
Most stuff I’ve seen on Toons.TV are certainly not going to be remembered even by the people who watched Toons.TV!

Just to name a few:

*Canimals
*Glumpers
*Hubert and Takako
*Olly the Little White Van
*Takat the Dog

But if I were to go with a show that aired on linear television, I’d go with Craig of the Creek (it, Welcome to the Wayne, and especially Summer Camp Island deserve to be forgotten, due to worse shows like OK K.O! or PPG 2016 being too big to fade out easily).

Last edited:

Zanneck

I don’t think people are going to forget about the Butt Witch anytime soon.

That's all people are going to remember from that sad little show, honestly.

Same like how the only thing people are going to remember from something as equally worthless, if not worse, like Victor & Valentino is a certain ugly gaptoothed goth girl named Charlene. For all the wrong reasons, I might add. The very same ones as the Butt Witch, too... UGH.

Being serious, BOTH Twelve Forever and Victor & Valentino are hot Garbage Tier shows of their year of release and deserve to be buried alive while better shows take their place, honestly.

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm somewhat surprised to see Craig of the Creek being mentioned since I think it's a really good show and works nicely as a good slice of life/episodic show. It may not be one of the huge hits from Cartoon Network, but I'm not sure if it would be forgotten just yet. I agree about Summer Camp Island though. I liked what I've seen of it, but I don't think it's going to stick out to people in the long run.

Zanneck

Nickelodeon is a goldmine for this crap in the past decade (2010s):

In terms of begging & deserving to be forgotten for not being good enough / absolute trash:
* Fanboy & ChumChum
* Breadwinners
* Sanjay and Craig
* Pig Goat Banana Cricket
* Robot and Monster

In terms of forgotten / at risk of being forgotten, despite actually being good / criminally underrated in every sense of the word:
* Harvey Beaks
* Welcome to the Wayne
* It's Pony!

To be fair, Nick hasn't turned out a good show that could last longer than 2 seasons, fair-and-square, in the past decade, IMHO - just mostly mediocrity and zombies.

If they had kept Harvey Beaks, Welcome to the Wayne, and Glitch Techs (which does not need to be forgotten, ever!), and Nick would be in a much less trashy place right now than they are, honestly.

And as good as It's Pony! actually is, they will get rid of that after 1 or 2 seasons, since it ain't pulling in SpongeDork numbers, sadly enough.

I don't know how Nick hasn't had the plug pulled on itself yet. Harvey Beaks, Welcome to the Wayne, Glitch Techs? All of these shows might have lasted far longer if they had been on Netflix or some other streaming channel in the first place (same with It's Pony!), think harder about it, now.

I'm somewhat surprised to see Craig of the Creek being mentioned since I think it's a really good show and works nicely as a good slice of life/episodic show. It may not be one of the huge hits from Cartoon Network, but I'm not sure if it would be forgotten just yet. I agree about Summer Camp Island though. I liked what I've seen of it, but I don't think it's going to stick out to people in the long run.

NO CN show deserves to be forgotten from the 2010s, unless it's honestly these:
* The Problem Solvers
* Annoying Orange
* Robotomy
* MAD
Everything else deserves to be remembered for actually being good / at least OK enough to give a chance, if you ask me.

Last edited:

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
Certain Disney cartoons are forgotten especially ones that mainly aired on XD like Penn Zero: Part Time Hero, Motorcity, Pickle and Peanut, Billy Dilley. Pickle and Peanut I remember being the scrappy of the channel for a while. I thought Penn Zero was unique but I almost never hear anyone talk about it. Billy Dilley has a low score on IMDb but from what I’ve seen I thought it was alright.

Also the video game adaptations PAC-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, Sonic Boom, and Mega Man: Fully Charged. PAC-Man and Mega Man were not well received, Sonic Boom got better reception but I still thought it sucked in both visuals and writing. IMO Mega Man was the best of the 3 but it was still mediocre. I haven’t seen an episode of Castlevania but I assume it’s far better than all three of those shows. I even prefer the Mario and Zelda CDi cutscenes over those three shows.

Twelve Forever is interesting because I saw it hyped up almost as much as Infinity Train but based on what I’ve heard on the site it was not that good. Ironically the creator co wrote the most notorious episodes of PPG 2016 along with Diego Molano including the twerking one. And then she was exposed for sexual misconduct. I’m assuming she would be banned from CN, John K was also banned from CN a few years ago.

Nickelodeon is a goldmine for this crap in the past decade (2010s):

In terms of begging & deserving to be forgotten for not being good enough / absolute trash:
* Fanboy & ChumChum
* Breadwinners
* Sanjay and Craig
* Pig Goat Banana Cricket
* Robot and Monster

In terms of forgotten / at risk of being forgotten, despite actually being good / criminally underrated in every sense of the word:
* Harvey Beaks
* Welcome to the Wayne
* It's Pony!

To be fair, Nick hasn't turned out a good show that could last longer than 2 seasons, fair-and-square, in the past decade, IMHO - just mostly mediocrity and zombies.

If they had kept Harvey Beaks, Welcome to the Wayne, and Glitch Techs (which does not need to be forgotten, ever!), and Nick would be in a much less trashy place right now than they are, honestly.

And as good as It's Pony! actually is, they will get rid of that after 1 or 2 seasons, since it ain't pulling in SpongeDork numbers, sadly enough.

I don't know how Nick hasn't had the plug pulled on itself yet. Harvey Beaks, Welcome to the Wayne, Glitch Techs? All of these shows might have lasted far longer if they had been on Netflix or some other streaming channel in the first place (same with It's Pony!), think harder about it, now.

NO CN show deserves to be forgotten from the 2010s, unless it's honestly these:
* The Problem Solvers
* Annoying Orange
* Robotomy
* MAD
Everything else deserves to be remembered for actually being good / at least OK enough to give a chance, if you ask me.

I actually like Problem Solverz and MAD for being so bad it’s good but yeah they are mostly forgettable.

As for Nick unfortunately, they mostly survive off their profitable preschool lineup and SpongeBob both in brand recognition and nostalgia factor. Also Harvey Beaks had a great 2 parter Steampunks that I never see any praise for and is forgotten at this point. It was an hour long special similar to the 3 SpongeBob ones did but done a zillion times better but unfortunately the SpongeBob specials are more remembered because of the shows brand recognition and it didn’t help the 2 parter got no promotion. A major problem I have with Nick is how they overhype specials (To bigger extremes than other networks.) for their cash cow shows regardless if it’s a masterpiece or dumpster fire. Everyone talks about how bad the first two ones were and how amazing the 20th anniversary special and was critically acclaimed (I watched it and thought it was crap even by SpongeBob standards) but Steampunks is forgotten like it never happened and has a lukewarm score on IMDb. So while entire shows can be forgotten, certain episodes can be even more forgotten.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I see a lot of action/adventure streaming cartoons being very overlooked, especially from the crowd that laments that these cartoons are almost gone. Some of them, IMO, are genuinely forgettable like Spy Kids: Mission Critical and the King Kong and Tarzan shows. But there are some decent-to-good shows like Legend Quest, Kulipari, and Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters that I feel didn't get a fair shake. I think the last one actually has some strong support here compared to everywhere else.

Amazon Prime also had a couple of underrated gems like Kung Fu Panda: Paws of Destiny and Niko and the Sword of Light. You wouldn't even know that the latter is an award-winning series considering how under the radar it went.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Some cartoons are hits that are remembered forever (Gravity Falls) while others just aren't memorable and are forgotten years later. Which current cartoons do you think that no one will remember in a few years?

Here are my picks:

• Clarence and Uncle Grandpa - overshadowed by other cartoons on CN and rely on silly humor, which is an "abomination" to fans of dramatic cartoons
I know its an old post but its kinda funny how Clarence and Uncle Grandpa are getting some recent love years later.

Zanneck

I know its an old post but its kinda funny how Clarence and Uncle Grandpa are getting some recent love years later.

Bring honest, I'm thankful Clarence is getting some positive recognition, now. Same with Uncle Grandpa, even if I don't like that show as much as I wanted to. At least those shows reminded me the importance of having a balance between silly cartoons like those and those serious cartoons we worship regularly.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts