Cuphead is coming to Nintendo Switch

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
This deserves its own thread, because although Studio MDHR said that Cuphead was a lifetime exclusive for the XBox One, well...

This was rumored to be among the things Microsoft and Nintendo were working together on.

Mandouga

Yeah, well Microsoft can just forget it.

...unless they were to discontinue their Xbox division completely (meaning no more consoles, ever) AND we were able to play it even if we aren't connected to the internet (or maybe that's the case already? Either way...)

Hi-dee-ho!

Oh yeah, not counting Minecraft, this is Microsoft's first third party release...

Ever.*

Oh, and for anyone wondering, I got the "hi-dee ho" reference from TV Tropes. I haven't played the game, nor do I intend to (unless what I just mentioned were to happen).

*Well, that I'm aware of, anyway.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I wonder how far Nintendo and Microsoft will take their newfound relationship. I don't see them getting Halo. But something like Rare Replay might be in the cards, since half those games have histories with Nintendo and it wouldn't be the first time Microsoft collaborated with them on Rare stuff (Jetpac in the Donkey Kong 64 rerelease).

DonTrashRoom

Have a nice trip, see you next fall
I will admit that this caught me by surprise, even with the rumors.

Definitely adds some credibility to the rumors, though, I'll say that much.

Mandouga

Okay, so I looked up Microsoft on the Nintendo Switch eshop: nothing. Both this game, and Minecraft are only referred to by their developers (Studio MDHR and Mojang respectively).

I'm...not sure what this could mean. I still meant what I said before though.

By the way, did you know that none other than King Features Syndicate (Popeye) has the merchandising rights to this game? I wonder if it's because one of the bosses looks like Bluto when he played Sindbad the Sailor in that one Popeye color special?...

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I will admit that this caught me by surprise, even with the rumors.

Definitely adds some credibility to the rumors, though, I'll say that much.

Ori and the Blind Forest was the first game rumored to be headed for the Switch. A lot of us were under the impression that Ori would come first, or at least in tandem with Cuphead.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts