Crash Bandicoot

Galaxy 9000

I'd like an opinion from some people who have played crash bandicoot.

Should they return to the platforming roots, so stay with the titans gameplay?

IMO they need to go back to platforming, the titans makes the game not seem like a crash bandicoot game.

Novapocalypse

They really, really, really, really, REALLY need to go back to the older ways. Titans and what ever the hell the new game is called have both been very... well... poor in quality from what I can see. I played Titans, hated it, and I hear that the newer game is even worse. That in multiplayer mode, the one who's not in the lead might not be able to see due to falty camera set up or something.

I'm not necessarily saying go back to Naughty Dog (though I would prefer it, considering they haven't made a bad game since they started Crash and all of their games seem to get some kind of praise, even the two "Mascot Racing Games" were praised in some ways)

What I'm saying is I think they should blend in the old PS1 Crash games platforming style with Twinsanity's slightly different style.(Twinsanity is the only non ND game I like)

If a new Crash game were to be made, it should be based around Super Mario Galaxy's gameplay concept. Free roaming, but with linear goal's for each stage.

sdp

miscrave
Well I've only played the PS1 crash games and the first ps2 game. I haven't played any of the other ones but from what I've seen they are not that different which seems to be the problem, the game hasn't evolved since its mid 90s days.

In fact Crash was never really all that good to begin with, the only reason he got famous was because it was 3D and the closest thing sony had to a mascot. His games while not bad have never been great, they've just been mediocre. I still like Crash somewhat but I don't really give him any credit since he really was never in the same tier as Mario and Sonic.

BTW I really liked his re-design, too bad they wasted it on a game no one cared about, it was really crash's time to take the spotlight back if it would have had something new and interesting. But they didn't only rush the game for the holiday season but it ahd stuff like Mario Galaxy to compete against. I think the character is beyond salvation now, he lost all his relevance during the PS2 era and failed to make a comebackt his gen. Shame, like I said I kinda like the character.

Desensitized

Old School!
They needed to build on the Twinsanity formula. That game was a good, solid step forward for the franchise. Even though it wasn't perfect, it was the direction the series needed to go after Crash 3 basically perfected the old formula.

But since Universal changed developers right when it looked like they "got" it, things aren't looking good for Crash.

R-Taco

Just A Little Bit Crazy
The Naughty Dog games rocked, Wrath of Cortex was blah, Twinsanity was pretty good, and all post-redesign games have blown monkey chunks. Mashing a single attack to progress is not fun, it's just padding to make the game longer.

And Tiny's a thylacine, damnit, not a tiger!

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
People on this forum already know what I'm going to say. Ditch Radical Entertainment, who has developed the series since Crash Tag Team Racing, and either get someone new or bring back Vivendi/Traveller's Tales, who did Twinsanity.
{[-(sdp)-]};3067761 said:
In fact Crash was never really all that good to begin with, the only reason he got famous was because it was 3D and the closest thing sony had to a mascot.
There were plenty of 3D games that never took off. The reason Crash did was because of its good game engine, focused gameplay, and solid controls where the only death was your own fault. And because gamers latched onto them, Crash became one of the mascots for Sony.
His games while not bad have never been great, they've just been mediocre. I still like Crash somewhat but I don't really give him any credit since he really was never in the same tier as Mario and Sonic.
I wouldn't classify Crash 2, 3, or Crash Team Racing as "mediocre" by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, CTR is one of my favorite games of all time and MILES better than Mario Kart.

Novapocalypse

Yeah, the best thing to do is ditch Radical, because all of their Crash games have absolutely sucked hard. The new designs aren't necessarily what threw me off, it's the way they redid every character's personality as a whole and tried to make them all seem "funny".... which they fail at big time.

That's one reason why I hate Radical. They try to use cheap and overused gimmicks to make the game funny, and suck at it.

sdp

miscrave
There were plenty of 3D games that never took off. The reason Crash did was because of its good game engine, focused gameplay, and solid controls where the only death was your own fault. And because gamers latched onto them, Crash became one of the mascots for Sony. I wouldn't classify Crash 2, 3, or Crash Team Racing as "mediocre" by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, CTR is one of my favorite games of all time and MILES better than Mario Kart.

By the time Crash 3 came out I think it was way outdated IMO. And btw I don't think giving it back to Naughty Dog would be that good, Jak and Daxter while not bad where also nothing but average and that is why when people think of platformers in the PS2 they think of Ratchet and Clank as far as mainstream and Sly Cooper for less popular ones. And its definitely not bad games that caused the Crash character to fall in popularity, look at Sonic. He was never really as big either. CTR was very fun though.

R-Taco

Just A Little Bit Crazy
{[-(sdp)-]};3068122 said:
By the time Crash 3 came out I think it was way outdated IMO. And btw I don't think giving it back to Naughty Dog would be that good, Jak and Daxter while not bad where also nothing but average and that is why when people think of platformers in the PS2 they think of Ratchet and Clank as far as mainstream and Sly Cooper for less popular ones. And its definitely not bad games that caused the Crash character to fall in popularity, look at Sonic. He was never really as big either. CTR was very fun though.

I disagree. Crash Bandicoot was huge during the PS1 days, and the Jak games are among the PS2's best titles.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.

Featured Posts