"Coyote Vs. Acme" - Animated Movie Starring Wile E. Coyote in Development

Mejo

Farmer Alfalfa is nigh
ARE YOU KIDDING ME

After all of outcry, the anger, the [REDACTED], Warner Bros STILL goes forward with the decision to cancel the damn movie.

Zaslav must be trying to do the "Destroy a multibillion-dollar movie studio" speedrun, Any%
tumblr_b60de5761953125456f1269d38a2ccae_3054cb1e_640.gif

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

GF5sXgCWwAAcRSM.jpg

"I know I’m starting this report by talking about something from a different company, but there’s this scene from a Darkwing Duck comic that’s always stuck with me. Steelbeak has brainwashed Darkwing into turning evil and he’s now trying to commit acts of crime all over St. Canard, but Darkwing turns out to be so bad at it that he accidentally saves the day every single time. The specific panel I’m talking about is this one:

perfectfiend.jpg

I thought this was massively implausible, even for a brainwashed talking duck. Why would anyone ENJOY being hated? Why would anyone WANT lynch mobs after them? …Well, as the trolls of the Internet would teach me years later, there really are some people out there who actively try to make people hate them, and they really do LOVE being hated. I’ll never understand why, but it is a thing."

Read the full article here.

Some CEOs just want to watch the world burn.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It's time to contact your Congresscritters. Apparently this is legal. It should not be. Apprise your rep of this situation and demand they create laws to protect content creators from having their work destroyed after their employers break their contracts. Castro down in Texas already sort of made a rumble about this. This is a good issue to be on the right side of.

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
I'm assuming that this film and the other tax write-offs aren't actually destroyed, just locked in legal purgatory.

I think I said it before, but surely there must be a way for movie studios to make money off a tax write-off while simultaneously allowing the written-off works to still be seen by the general public.

Vuxovich

Coyote Vs. Acme will possibly be getting the Batgirl treatment:

"In early January, “Coyote vs. Acme” producer Chris DeFaria got a startling phone call from a Warner Bros. executive. “They just want to get this behind them,” the executive told DeFaria. “They want to close the books.”"

"With Warner Bros. Discovery’s fourth quarter earnings call scheduled for Feb. 23, “Coyote vs. Acme” is running out of time. Many on the film’s team feel that the studio will use the ending of the quarter to get the movie off the books for good. “Coyote vs. Acme” is running up against something worse than a tunnel painted into the side of a mountain or a falling anvil. It will finally be silenced by a movie studio’s balance sheet."

"But Warner Bros., which stood to make $35 – $40 million on the tax write-down, wanted something in the ballpark of $75 – $80 million from a buyer. And what’s more, they wouldn’t allow the interested studios to counter Warner Bros.’ offer. It was a “take it or leave it” situation, one that the other studios didn’t even know they were entering into, insiders told TheWrap."

"Intent to not only offload “Coyote vs. Acme” but to make a profit while doing so, the studio insisted on a price tag that would cover “negative cost plus” — what the movie cost the studio and additional fees that Warner Bros. had incurred.

“They made a short-sighted choice based on dismal third quarter projects,” said a source close to the movie. And reversing the decision to cancel “Coyote vs. Acme” was simply not possible."

I believe it's/that's not true.

harry580

yes, we need to protect all the works like coyate vs acme, we need to protect the works & cartoons like blue sky studios, fox kids, saban, bvs entertainment, sip animation, scoob holiday hunt, the 1992 Addams family cartoon & this one, we need to stop cancelling cartoons were in production & stop forgetting these cartoons

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
I guess we need to make a petition to make alan horn the ceo of Warner bros instead of david zaslav
Petitions don't remove CEOs. Zaslav would need to be unanimously (or majority) voted out by WB's shareholders.

harry580 said:
yes, we need to protect all the works like coyate vs acme, we need to protect the works & cartoons like blue sky studios, fox kids, saban, bvs entertainment, sip animation, scoob holiday hunt, the 1992 Addams family cartoon & this one, we need to stop cancelling cartoons were in production & stop forgetting these cartoons

Blue Sky Studios wasn't "canceled"; it was purchased by Disney and some of the Blue Sky projects may still get made. With all due respect, stop trying to equate was Zaslav is doing over at WBD with what happened with Blue Sky. It's not the same thing at all.

What Disney isn't doing with Fox Kids isn't the same thing either. Yeah, I know that a lot of people don't like that Disney is just sitting on the Fox Kids library and not doing anything with it, but the sad truth is that Fox Kids is a dead brand and Disney doesn't seem to have any plans to revive any of those properties, but they own it now, and there aren't any upcoming plans for any of those IPs for Disney to cancel, so it's different.

Last edited:

TsWade2

I was going to say it’s the end of Looney Tunes, but I promise not to go doom and gloom, so I’m not going to say that. But I’m still upset about this. And David Zaslav will pay for this! Like I said, it’s time to become an angry mob to get rid of David Zaslav. Or better yet, make only Warner Bros go on strike!

MatthewP

tbf, the WB has always been kinda self-destructive an' crappy to the looney tunes + other niche properties, according to this:
this is the only time people actually saw it happen on a large scale + had a face to call out

honestly i'm more concerned about if we're setting ourselves up for what could turn out to be a rather mediocre film

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Can we even trust the article that was put out today? Any Wrap PRO story, which are usually paywalled, is most likely clickbait.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Did David... forget what happened when he pulled this stunt three months ago? Where major Hollywood people were vowing never to work with WB again, and Congresspeople even got involved? Isn't that the reason he supposedly un-wrote it off?

• Agree
Reactions: Moe

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Did David... forget what happened when he pulled this stunt three months ago? Where major Hollywood people were vowing never to work with WB again, and Congresspeople even got involved? Isn't that the reason he supposedly un-wrote it off?
He doesn't care as long as he personally makes money.

ThePharaohZ

Truly sickening but I shouldn't be surprised. It's only a matter of time before WBD crashes and burns. Seriously, how do entertainment companies always manage to find the absolute worst CEOs and presidents?

Moe

Cartoon World
I'm very angry at news but not worth my time to vent out here - I got enough of it.

I will NEVER forgive Zaslav for what he did with WB shows and movies.

Tax write-off needs to be ended for good and I don't know about when IRS started to add tax write-off? I guess that would be before cable TV gets popular.

lowell

Can we even trust the article that was put out today? Any Wrap PRO story, which are usually paywalled, is most likely clickbait.
Corroborated by Deadline:

“What Deadline has received clarity on is that Warner Bros took a $70M writedown on Q3 earnings, not the upcoming Q4. Nonetheless, the movie, which the Burbank, CA lot decided back in early November not to release — remains in purgatory. That said, we hear the door isn’t officially closed on Coyote vs. Acme‘s prospects yet — it’s just that the Coyote could wind up in the cave with Batgirl.”

Truly sickening but I shouldn't be surprised. It's only a matter of time before WBD crashes and burns. Seriously, how do entertainment companies always manage to find the absolute worst CEOs and presidents?
It was Zaslav himself who contacted Stankey about taking the company off AT&T’s hands in the first place.

The only way WarnerDiscovery truly gets long-term stability is through a sale to a new owner down the road once Zaslav heavily pays down that debt load of $45.3 billion.

Zaslav, John Malone, and other Discovery shareholders who gave support to Zaslav in the first place will exit once they’re able to cash in on their investments through the proceeds generated from the sale.

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Corroborated by Deadline:

“What Deadline has received clarity on is that Warner Bros took a $70M writedown on Q3 earnings, not the upcoming Q4. Nonetheless, the movie, which the Burbank, CA lot decided back in early November not to release — remains in purgatory. That said, we hear the door isn’t officially closed on Coyote vs. Acme‘s prospects yet — it’s just that the Coyote could wind up in the cave with Batgirl.”

It’s the same fearmongering The Wrap put out.

Moe

Cartoon World
Whoa, seriously, I didn't know about all of BVS/Jetix shows/films and all of Blue Sky Studios films are written off for tax purpose.

You must realize about how serious AND dangerous are tax write-off, so it is very permanent. Entire of Blue Sky Studios films would be GONE and unavailable to stream on Disney+ if it is written off. You definitely scare BVS/Jetix fans off as well.

You need to be careful about what you are saying in here - Blue Sky Studios films and BVS/Jetix shows/films are not written off. Like brother said, Blue Sky Studios is victim of reorganization and restructuring after Disney bought 20th Century. Who is going to say about Disney keeps Blue Sky Studios after acquisition? Definitely, not us and we already know their days are numbered. I have to agree with members' theory about Disney is trying to sell all of non-Marvel BVS/Jetix syndication off for years but no buyers. Unlike WBD, none, I means NONE of Blue Sky Studios and BVS/Jetix contents are written off and most of BVS/Jetix contents are just unavailable - that's difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

lowell

It’s the same fearmongering The Wrap put out.
I mean, sure, you can wait for outright confirmation that it has happened or not.

But whether they will confirm a write-off was made or not, they’re not going to let people see Batgirl, Scoob: Holiday Haunt, and Coyote Vs. Acme until new ownership and that’s only if the IRS is paid back for the write-offs by the new owner at all.

Whoa, seriously, I didn't know about all of BVS/Jetix shows/films and all of Blue Sky Studios films are written off for tax purpose.

You must realize about how serious AND dangerous are tax write-off, so it is very permanent. Entire of Blue Sky Studios films would be GONE and unavailable to stream on Disney+ if it is written off. You definitely scare BVS/Jetix fans off as well.

You need to be careful about what you are saying in here - Blue Sky Studios films and BVS/Jetix shows/films are not written off. Like brother said, Blue Sky Studios is victim of reorganization and restructuring after Disney bought 20th Century. Who is going to say about Disney keeps Blue Sky Studios after acquisition? Definitely, not us and we already know their days are numbered. I have to agree with members' theory about Disney is trying to sell all of non-Marvel BVS/Jetix syndication off for years but no buyers. Unlike WBD, none, I means NONE of Blue Sky Studios and BVS/Jetix contents are written off and most of BVS/Jetix contents are just unavailable - that's difference.
Yup, those titles can continue to be remastered and re-released on home media and Disney+.

The 3 films at Warner can’t be accessed by people in any way at all until the tax write-offs are actually repaid back.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The rumors of Josh Keaton's cameo on a certain animated series have me intrigued. I'll be amazed if it happened.
How am I supposed to do therapy? How do I avoid turning them into coloring book sessions?
Ugh, I was having such a nice day yesterday, and this morning I have something wrong with my throat.
StrikersSeventyOG wrote on RegularCapital's profile.
Good news according to my friend in the Philippines with proof. Sky Cable will continue beyond and Postpone or not proceed to complete the acquisition of SKY CABLE to PLDT. WBD's Channels like Cartoon Network, Cartoonito, HBO, etc. will continue to watch beyond.
Anyone ever come across the movie Nickelodeon and think, "Burt Reynolds made a movie about the children's network?".

Also, don't get me started about the Raul Julia movie Kiss of the Spider Woman not having anything to do with the Marvel Comics character.....

Featured Posts