Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Some "general" Covid news:

First:President Biden announced today there should be enough vaccine doses for all adults in the U.S.A. by the end of May.

Also, the governors of Texas and Mississippi have ended Covid restrictions in their states (news articles here and here.)

From the 2nd article:
JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – On Tuesday, Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves signed Executive Order 1549. The order will go into effect at 5:00 p.m. on March 3, 2021, and stay in effect until March 31.

“Today, I signed what I expect will be one of my last executive orders regarding COVID-19. Our hospitalizations have plummeted, and our case numbers have fallen dramatically as well. In fact, our case numbers have fallen to the point where no county meets the original criteria for a mask mandate,” said Reeves.

“I am replacing our current orders with recommendations. Everyone should continue to listen to Dr. Dobbs and other health advisors for the best possible wisdom regarding how you can personally stem any risk of catching COVID. Their insight is valuable. The only rules that will remain in this order are a capacity limit of 50% on indoor arenas, and those that govern K-12 schools.”

I share these as a measure of where the nation is, presently, not to debate them. Other states will probably follow suit.

Dr.Pepper

I got a phone call today that said I could get a vaccine if I want since I work in public schools. I told them that I want to wait. I’m not anti-vaccine or anything, but I feel there are people who deserve it more than me. I also want the Johnson-Johnson one to get out there.

TsWade2

Asa

It's now been nearly a year since we first started doing lockdowns, wearing masks, and social distancing.

And now this year, we have got vaccines and thousands of people aren't going to stop getting vaccinated any time soon.

I know for a fact there will be a big pandemic grand finale happening in the foreseeable future.

harry580

It's now been nearly a year since we first started doing lockdowns, wearing masks, and social distancing.

And now this year, we have got vaccines and thousands of people aren't going to stop getting vaccinated any time soon.

I know for a fact there will be a big pandemic grand finale happening in the foreseeable future.
I hope so, I want this pandemic gone

the greenman

You're not the only one.

I hope it's all gone in the next year since so many people are still getting vaccinated each day.
Supposed "herd immunity". I just hope all these politicians who preach about climate change & ecology are paying attention to health & environment on a global scale.

WASH YOUR HANDS is nice to say, but a virus like this needs to enforce it. We are "TRYING" to do that, but we're not doing a great job really. There are things that worry me like IF movie theaters open, un-vaccinated individuals rush to use rest rooms.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts