COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
There are some features of life that were forever changed by the September 11th attacks in 2001. Airport security became much more strict, the Patriot Act increased screening/monitoring standards in banks and other institutions, and people keep an eye out for suspicious activity among others (sometimes unduly). Yet our country did not become crippled because of the attacks.

Thus, to echo what Spideyzilla said, I think things will get back to a form of "normal", (movie theaters, no more social distancing strict guidelines, people won't have to work from home - they can go back to working at the office). But there will be an increase in people wearing masks in public (probably a good thing), people will be more conscious of people with suspicious symptoms (whether they be cold or flu or Covid-19 related), employers will be much more flexible on employees desiring to work from home, vaccine debates will be a major debate of the next 10 years....things will change, but we won't be as crippled of a nation as we were in 2020.

We will adapt, like we did after 9/11.
I agree, Covid-19 will definitely have an impact like 9/11 and that’s gonna change the world for the better at least in my opinion. At least it will make us more prepared and aware so I support what will come in the aftermath.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asa

Light Lucario

Staff member
Honestly, we're still in the thick of the virus that I can't even imagine what the aftermath will be like at this point. I don't even know if movie theaters can get through the pandemic financially or what they'll do with large stadiums.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I really hope that it was a joke, but I'm not sure if that would make the commercial better. I haven't been inside of a Chuck E Cheese since I was little, but they would not be safe in the slightest. They're basically in the same vein as movie theaters in terms of how they weren't kept clean before, so it makes it harder for me to believe that they can do that now. Kids are running around all of the time, there's a ball pit and kids would be touching everything. Even the commercial feels so underhanded and manipulative to show people wearing masks and cleaning. It gives a false sense of security when they are ultimately more interested in getting money again.

Plus, I'm not sure if they'd be legally allowed to let kids eat indoors. I know that some states have allowed indoor eating at restaurants, but it's at a limited amount and I haven't heard that including places for kids. I'm pretty sure that California doesn't allow indoor eating yet. Some restaurants have outdoor dining, but I believe that it is more limited than it was a couple of months ago when we tried that.

It's just so messed up that businesses are more interested in getting some money more so than valuing the safety and health of their employees and customers. Admittedly, it isn't exactly new information, but it just comes off so morally bankrupt, especially during such tiring times. If schools aren't safe, which they aren't, then places like Chuck E Cheese shouldn't even think about reopening, let alone make a terrible commercial like this one.

CartoonLover2604

So, there's apparently a Chuck E Cheese commercial advertising how you can play safely in the restaurant. I don't think this is going to work out.

It sickens me how they’re even still alive in this pandemic. I haven’t been inside CEC now in over 10 years I think at this point but even before the pandemic, they’re reputation on being very dirty is somewhat legendary and the fact they’re even legally allowed to be open just disgusts me. This would be the last place any intelligent person would go to....

Light Lucario

Staff member
It sickens me how they’re even still alive in this pandemic. I haven’t been inside CEC now in over 10 years I think at this point but even before the pandemic, they’re reputation on being very dirty is somewhat legendary and the fact they’re even legally allowed to be open just disgusts me. This would be the last place any intelligent person would go to....

Considering that people went to Disney World in Florida of all places, I sadly wouldn't be surprised if people went to Chuck E Cheese too. Granted, Disney World is a bigger draw for the general public by comparison, but no amusement park should be reopened at this point and the same goes for places like Chuck E Cheese.

CartoonLover2604

I really think people should stop thinking about next year being worse than this year. We haven't finished this year yet and people shouldn't be bringing this up.
THANK YOU! If we keep saying “this year sucks, 2021 will be worst” then not only will it cause more people to get more anxious and stress, but you might even jinx it. I know this year has been crummy for the most part but my wish is for people to try and some good this year.

Reactions: Asa

Asa

I know this year has been crummy for the most part but my wish is for people to try and some good this year.
I've done good this year. Such as spending more time playing video games, doing a lot of artwork, working on the cardio, and reading from home.

And also, I'm sure stuff will change by next year, since it's supposed to be the International Year of Peace and Trust and the Creative Economy for Sustainable Development.

Last edited:

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Something that concerns me about when the vaccine is ready (whenever that may be):

I anticipate that some people won't hesitate to say "mission accomplished" at that moment; they'll assume we can stop with all the recommended precautions and go back to the old normal immediately- before the vaccine gets adequate distribution. With that, cases can be expected to rise again, making things harder for what's to be accomplished, even when that's ready to be executed.

I understand that people are eager to have the disease curbed, if not eliminated. I understand people would like to get back to things being not as restricted as they've been since March. But there are still priorities to deal with, to make sure the pandemic doesn't become worse than what's already been projected. Throwing caution to the wind as soon as the light at the end of the tunnel appears doesn't seem wise.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Well, for one there are debates wheter the vaccine should be mandatory or not - at least for certain demographics. Two, this is the most rushed vaccine in history. Three, this is the most hyped and fearmongered virus in history. Four, the tests are not entirely reliable. Five, statistically not much is happening. Six, in terms of economy and rights the world turned upside down. Together it's a big no if you ask me. So instead I'd recommend everyone to tune out of media and tune into your body - boost your system like you should regardless if you're ill or not and don't depend on questionable solutions for questionable problems.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Well, for one there are debates wheter the vaccine should be mandatory or not - at least for certain demographics. Two, this is the most rushed vaccine in history. Three, this is the most hyped and fearmongered virus in history. Four, the tests are not entirely reliable. Five, statistically not much is happening. Six, in terms of economy and rights the world turned upside down. Together it's a big no if you ask me. So instead I'd recommend everyone to tune out of media and tune into your body - boost your system like you should regardless if you're ill or not and don't depend on questionable solutions for questionable problems.
Fair enough on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts